Last years' frame-crafting recipes (tonics)

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Funky.4861

Funky.4861

Q:

So, like many others i had 2 frames, 200 cogs in my bank from last year. I thought i’d make endless tonics from the frames so i bought the wads and glue from TP. Into the forge they go with a glittering dust and i got…ONLY a small wintersday present. I didn’t get the frame back so i can’t try again. I wouldn’t have minded losing the dust, wads and glue but i’m completely stuffed cos it ate my frame -.-

The only reason i attempted it is because the items fit into the forge, which tells me that the recipe works. BUT the forge returned the frame on an unsuccessful attempt last year.

ANET, if you’re going to disable or substantially change a recipe could you let us know? I can’t even submit a bug report (not sure if this would come under crafting category) and i didn’t think to take screenies of before and after. I suppose it’s too much to ask for the toy soldier frame back?

Posted by: Echou.1923

Echou.1923

A:

Did you try to open the gift?

Funky.4861

not yet, i might as well tho…

Funky.4861

Well, i retract my disappointment. Opening the gift gave me 3 temp potions AND the frame, though i took screenies throughout!

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Not sure what the recipes cost now but it may be cheaper to just craft them than try your luck with the forge. It cost me about 10 gold to make the tonics. There is no more glue or stuffing entering the game so it could get costly if you do not get the tonic early on.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I never got a tonic in 20 tries last year (having to buy wadding/glue for the last few). I decided yesterday what the heck, I’ve got a whole bank tab of Wintersday items including frames, let’s try for a griffon tonic this year. It cost 4 gold in wadding/glue for one try and, of course, did not get me the tonic.

At least the Forge recipe still works and still returns the frame in the gift, as noted above.

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

Well, i retract my disappointment. Opening the gift gave me 3 temp potions AND the frame, though i took screenies throughout!

That’s consistent with last year. If you didn’t get the tonic, you got back a gift with the frame and some temporary tonics. You had to keep trying over and over again to get the infinite one. Glad you got the frame back.

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

Btw, last year I managed to make all 5 infinite tonics. Some took less than 10 tries (I think I even got one on the first attempt), while at least one took about 35 tries. It’s completely random, and I’m not sure what the chances are with each attempt.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

If memory serves it was a 1/3 return rate of the infinite tonic from those force recipes.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!