Making the toymaker tonic

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I have all the tonics now.. but am curious what the odds are of getting the endless toymaker tonic if I put them in the forge- really just for bag space purposes.. I don’t really want to lose my tonics though

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

No idea but you can buy the tonic on the TP. 18g last time I looked and it will probably go down by the end of the event.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Yeah I was debating just buying that and throwing them in the forge.. maybe I will get the dolylak one :P I was just curious how bad the odds where though. I had a couple from last year so it was not too expensive.

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

Last year the most vocal were the ones who got the fifth tonic instead of the dolyak or toymaker’s. Considering that if you get the dolyak tonic instead of toymaker’s you can just sell it for lots of gold and buy many toymaker’s, I’d guess the odds are pretty good. This is just my opinion, I have no data to back it up. Personally, I gambled last year and got the toymaker’s tonic.

Also, since there are now recipes for the endless tonics (once they’re fixed), maybe you will have more chances if you get the recipes and make them.

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

I reported it as being bugged:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Endless-toymaker-s-tonic-forging-bugged/first#post3364489

Wasted a lot of gold and got zip. As in, always the rare fifth tonic you didn’t insert into the forge. Never exotic.