Mystical Cogs & Toy Frames

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Hector.1408

Hector.1408

Does anyone know if we can get this as reward from some where this year so the toys can be forged? Thanks.

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

It does not appear to give you cogs or anything so it seems the stuff we had left over from last year has become useless.

You can still buy the glue and such from the TP but that’s probably ‘old stock’ from last year.

A shame though as I still have 200 cogs and a Toy Soldier frame in my bank.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Posted by: Hector.1408

Hector.1408

Yea I saved 200 cogs and 3 frames for 1 year… and it seems there’s no way to craft them.

Posted by: tweeve.3782

tweeve.3782

yeah I also have cogs and frames, it would be nice to know if I can use them later or is it better to just ditch them to make room in my bank.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I have 3 frames- need the cogs and as far as I remember they were account bound.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

One year saving those useless cogs for nothing??? Geez…

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

By Odgen’s Hammer. What a waste.

Posted by: Eyelusion.8205

Eyelusion.8205

Last year they gave everyone an email with enough cogs, glue, stuffing and frames to make 2 forged toys. They later sent another email with enough cogs to finish a 3rd. Many of us still have 200 cogs left when we needed 250 for a 4th toy.

This year? No email? Or is it still possible?

Ele’s Pwn J00!

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

I think I have 4 or 5 stacks of cogs. I used my frames to craft the tonics and get the endless toymaker’s tonic instead of the minis.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

If we can’t make anything out of these remaining items by the end of wintersday this year, I think that’s really poor and shoddy planning on Anet’s part. They should know that there will be people like us that have stuff left over from last year, and we want to make the stuff usable, be it mini’s or tonics.

I really thought they would have said something about this by now.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

Annoys me they made it a meta only this year. I looked forward to finishing my pet collection since I only lacked two and I already have all the endless tonics. Really not a big fan of the stinking 1 pet a year thing. I did that crock of bull in quite a few other games like WoW and nothing is more annoying then waiting 3 years just for a mini-set. I’m sorry but the MMORPG has grown up and taking years to get a single item doesn’t cut it anymore.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I got all the minis last year because I crafted 3 and bought the other 2 from the gem store. But I still saved my last 200 cogs and 2 frames in case they had a use this year and was disappointed to find there was no use for them.

I don’t understand why they couldn’t use the same system as before, it was a good idea and would be even better if people could count on being able to use left-over items the next year.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

It’s really strange the crafting didn’t come back. As that was really the main reason to enjoy Tixx’s dungeon. And I felt it was a bit more rewarding at the end of the day, as well as something cool to do every day for a week or so during the festivities.

I also saved my last 2 frames and 200 cogs in hopes of completing them this year. Oh well. :/

Still unsure if I should toss them yet, unless someone comes along and says they are never planning to use the frames/cogs again. Heck even if I could buy the stuffing/glue/cogs, etc from Ugly Sweater vendors I would like that.

Posted by: Nighttime Glade.1209

Nighttime Glade.1209

Another vote for allowing us to collect the pieces for the toys again this year. Even if the devs have a reason for keeping the Infinirarium, err, less rewarding than last year, I think that allowing the Festive Gift Exchange persons to reward us with glue, stuffing, etc. in exchange for our sweaters and socks would be fully in keeping with the playful spirit of the season.