Need help on Winterday JP

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: LastShot.4762

LastShot.4762

I don’t know if it’s just me doing it wrong, but right now it is extremely hard.

The frost damage ticks 333 per second, and my character only has ~18.5k hp, so basically I have to finish the whole JP in around a minute…and I normally get kill by frost a little pass the snowflake area.

Does anyone know any trick that I missing?

ps. Checked youtube, vid from last year isn’t really helping, since they average take 2~2.5 min.(take much less frost damage, and have swiftness)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

You get healed at the first checkpoint, right before the popping presents.

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Okay, i do not know what i am doing wrong.

The whole puzzle feels different then last year, that is for sure, but what is the timing on this puzzle?

it doesn`t matter how fast or slow i am, i will fall down thanks to some random breeze, ending back at the start.

Is it bugged for me? am i missing something?

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

wait for breezes to end before continuing – you can’t just charge through everything.

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

So it the complete opposite from last time, where you had to be quick?

Well, that explains a lot, thanks

Posted by: Smaxx.2318

Smaxx.2318

As far as I know there’s only one part where you can get blown off the map and that’s right after the presents/parcels part. There’s a “snowman statue” blowing from the right. If you’re unlucky, it will either drop you into the pit or cause you to wait for too long so you can’t finish in time.

I think my average time for the whole JP is somewhere around 2:30. Uploaded a quick run here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiBJFwZs6Ww (There are a few annotations with hints).

Posted by: islarose.7356

islarose.7356

wait for breezes to end before continuing – you can’t just charge through everything.

Having run it for at least an hour this morning, I didn’t see a single breeze. I just barrelled through all of the snowflake jumps (unless waiting for them to spawn) and am usually at around 2.5k-3k health by the time I reach the hard candy platforms.

Posted by: Smaxx.2318

Smaxx.2318

Oh, one more note: During my first recording attempts I lagged rather bad, so I think i “lagged down” a few times on some of the snowflakes. In the end, this seemed like getting blown off (you don’t see it directly, you just assume that). If so, try to increase your fps in the game and lower your latency (if possible, e.g. by pausing or stopping running downloads).

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Having run it for at least an hour this morning, I didn’t see a single breeze. I just barrelled through all of the snowflake jumps (unless waiting for them to spawn) and am usually at around 2.5k-3k health by the time I reach the hard candy platforms.

when I wrote that I hadn’t run the jp this year yet :P
I ran it last night.
I didn’t get hit with it, but I remember that last year there was a breeze that would knock you off when crossing the candy cane bridge (just after going up the blue presents, just before the giant snowballs). And I also remember there being a breeze if you went too far up the side ramp on the right at the left turn where the snowballs are. wasn’t hit by either last night, but I didn’t want to find out :P