Old wintersday Minis

Old wintersday Minis

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

First off gotta say i LOVE the new minis, especially the puppy. However I’m a mini collector and its kinda disappointing me that the only ones im missing are the old wintersday minis such as foostivoo.

Wondering if anyone knows if these minis will ever be available again, like the old Halloween ones on sale in gemstore, or if they were a one time only,y deal and im doomed to forever have an incomplete collection XP

Old wintersday Minis

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/december-10-2013/
“Tixx’s marvelous miniature toys are available once again! Complete the Wintersday meta achievement to receive Tixx’s Toybox, which will grant you one of Tixx’s toys: a Mini Ventari, Mini Plush Griffon, Mini Princess Doll, Mini Toy Golem, or Mini Toy Soldier.”

According to the blog post, they will be.

I am also a mini pet collector and am a bit dissapointed that they are releasing these a 2nd time since they are now going to lose their prestige if they keep getting released every year, but maybe i am in the minority when i say this, good for all the others that get them.

Old wintersday Minis

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I either made with the cogs or bought all those mini’s last year :/ Kinda stinks that I’ll have a double now. Unless I can forge it, which I am pretty sure you can not.

I am missing 1 of the RNG minis and I hope they make a come back.

Old wintersday Minis

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I was unable to collect all the minis last year, so this isn’t half bad for me. As long as you can’t get all of them in a single year, I’m good

Old wintersday Minis

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

I’M aware you can get the toymaker tixx minis again, im talking about the ones that were available in the cash shop RNG in black lion chests.

Old wintersday Minis

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

New minis for gems, recycled content as in-game rewards. Humph.

Old wintersday Minis

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

I was able to make two last year but had the frames for the other three stored on an alt. So I’m personally happy I have a second shot at getting them.

I can understand those that managed to get all of them in one go last year wanting them to be exclusive, but at the same time, people who didn’t buy them and didn’t farm the mats to make all 5 had to wait until this year to get the meta and get the last two – which basically is the boat I’m sitting in.

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

Old wintersday Minis

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m still missing Toy Ventari and the Toy Golem, so personally I’m pleased to be able to get them again. I also wouldn’t mind if each of the festival minipets came back every year. I’ve never been a believer in exclusivity; if a new player who just joined sees a skin/pet they really want, they should be able to obtain them if they put in the same effort to get it as a previous player.

Old wintersday Minis

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

It would be nice if the old minis were at least tradeable.
I have like 3 snowmen, 4 festive Golems and 4 airships… o.o
But they didn’t do it last year, why should they do it this year?
At least they seem to be away from These RNG boxes in the shop. Given that they put something new into the shop every tuesday, there may be a Chance for a mini-tri pack that includes all three of them, with the Need for another one if you want to create Foostivuu.

Doesn’t anyone else find it sad that it’s more waiting for the next shop update than waiting for the next living Story release by now? o.o" Ist more like grinding for gems than anything else anymore.

I’d wish for more rewards like the balloon or the flame of kryta in the future. They were neat, and I liked that stuff so much!

Trahearne <3

Old wintersday Minis

Posted by: Shades.4572

Shades.4572

I have all 5 toy minis since I bought my missing ones on in the Gem Store. Personally I don’t mind that they are coming back for others.

What I don’t like is that it is the reward for the meta…Not exactly rewarding if we already have it.

Old wintersday Minis

KOPPER.1458

“Doesn’t anyone else find it sad that it’s more waiting for the next shop update than waiting for the next living Story release by now?”

Yup exactly how I feel.

“What I don’t like is that it is the reward for the meta…Not exactly rewarding if we already have it.”
I agree Shades, I am hoping there is something I can trade it for, or some other solution.

Old wintersday Minis

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Those minis should be other ones this year…. Not the same ones that was in last year – disapointing. Not really a Reward or anything exicting to get if u already have them

Please stop putting Old content in new pathches!

Kima & Co

Old wintersday Minis

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

I still have 200 Mystic Cogs in my bank. Hopefully I can get more and use them all up to build the minis I don’t have yet.

Old wintersday Minis

Posted by: Once.6390

Once.6390

I have all 5 toy minis since I bought my missing ones on in the Gem Store. Personally I don’t mind that they are coming back for others.

What I don’t like is that it is the reward for the meta…Not exactly rewarding if we already have it.

same for me.

Old wintersday Minis

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Toy Ventari was my first mini and I loved that I made it- I still have it on my main to this day
I want to craft the missing toy mini’s I all have my extra frames- saved them all year.
will we even be able to get more cogs?
I don’t want them to be a meta achievement.
Can’t we just have some fun stuff that is not tied to do xxx of this- meta?

Attachments:

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

Old wintersday Minis

Posted by: Docta Bojangles.7245

Docta Bojangles.7245

I don’t see that happening for the minis that came out of the Gem Store. Minis such as Foostivoo being from 2012 would lose their purpose of showing that a player had played during that holiday season.

GW1 had done this with their annual mini-pets and festival hats, and I’m glad GW2 is keeping up with that tradition of having exclusive festival items.

Old wintersday Minis

KOPPER.1458

“Minis such as Foostivoo being from 2012 would lose their purpose of showing that a player had played during that holiday season.”

But that’s not true for the ones you could build / buy? I don’t understand that logic. It’s ok for the RNG ones to not come back but it’s ok for the ones you could build / buy with gems to come back?

On top of that I paid for some of them last year directly from the gem store (I was happy I could) and now that is the reward. Wouldn’t a better reward be one of the RNG Minis where were harder to get?

Entirely self serving here as I have all of one and missing one of the other.

Serious question above though.

Old wintersday Minis

Posted by: UncleWinston.5410

UncleWinston.5410

As of now, I do not believe any statement has been given one way or another. The minis themselves were RNG drops from the Wintersday Mystery Boxes that could be purchased from the gemstore last year. If the boxes return, I see no reason that the minis could not return as well. Sadly, I have seen no mention of the boxes returning.

Old wintersday Minis

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

My wife got that Christmas light mini last year from one of the boxes (I think). I’ve seen so many people start to run by her, and then come to a screetching halt, back up. Then spend a min or two looking at it.

On the one hand, I appreciate the rarity of limited-time items. Kinda makes you feel good when you own something like that.

On the other hand, I WANT THAT FRIGGIN MINI!!! The boxes weren’t so “kind” to me.

Old wintersday Minis

Posted by: UncleWinston.5410

UncleWinston.5410

Well, seeing how the Wintersday Mystery Gifts do not appear to be returning, it is unlikely we will get another chance at these minis.