Patch preview is online...

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

…and although I personally didn’t play last wintersday it sounds feature wise like an exact copy pasta. Anyone can confirm that?

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Well they could do something different in tixx’s airship, but it looks that way. I wasnt aware the snowball game was popular enough to bring it back, everyone I ever talked to hated the game along with myself. It looks like they’re giving LA a better makeover than last year, unless that’s concept art.

Just because it’s the same description doesnt mean it’ll be exactly the same. I mean just because they included the mad king in halloween doesnt mean it was exactly the same.

Plus you’ll never have things like my toymakers bag (I assume) or my 200 mystical cogs that tixx gave out when he first appeared in LA last year.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Worth noting they’ve said this multiple times, the holiday events will be recurring with little real changes so they can focus on completely new stuff.

Now how that’s been working in practice is a debate for another topic.

Posted by: DragonWhimsy.6489

DragonWhimsy.6489

Actually I find the snowball fight to be the most fun mini-game they’ve made. It becomes festivally epic when you put on some trans-siberian orchestra while playing it.

Posted by: AngelMouse.7345

AngelMouse.7345

A lot of players, me included, were sad they didn’t bring back Mad King’s dungeon this year for Halloween. I am happy that most of this looks like copy pasta from last year. Let’s just keep our fingers crossed that Scarlet doesn’t make an appearance in Toypocalypse or The Workshop.

“Sometimes, in madness resides genius.”

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

It’s intended that holidays and recurring events are mostly a copy/paste job. Instead of making entirely new events, they work on bigger projects.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

After Halloween, “an exact copy pasta” sounds A-okay to me. I skipped most of last Wintersday anyway, so I’m looking forward to seeing what I missed.

Plus, lots of rebalancing in this patch, plus new healing skills, plus ascended armor crafting. It sounds like a pretty decent patch, altogether.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

there is a new meta so there will be some new things to do. not sure it will be overly interesting. the JP might give a new reward like Halloween did. in fact id be a little disappointed if it did not.

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I’m really to dump to find the preview Where?? ._.’’

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

Wait for it…

Wait for it…

…Scarlet Briar.

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I’m really to dump to find the preview Where?? ._.’’

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/december-10-2013/

You can always find patch previews when they go up (officially, anyway,) by clicking “Releases” along the top of the of the GW2 site, or, if it’s not appearing, by clicking “Game→Releases” from the dropdown.

Merry Wintersday! \o/

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

A lot of players, me included, were sad they didn’t bring back Mad King’s dungeon this year for Halloween. I am happy that most of this looks like copy pasta from last year. Let’s just keep our fingers crossed that Scarlet doesn’t make an appearance in Toypocalypse or The Workshop.

I know I was…the mad king dungeon was king, accessible to everyone and decently rewarding. I would have been leveling my last 2 alts like crazy.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Brow.9425

Brow.9425

Almost everything about Wintersday 2012 was perfect., the snowball CTF game was awesome. I liked the halloween mobo game (not as much as the snowball game) and was disappointed that it wasn’t brought back, and was afraid they’d ditch the snowbal game too. Also liked the bell game and the jumping puzzle.

edit: I only attempted toypocalypes twice, maybe three times. The one sour note last year.

Rathan Kelet — Maguuma

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Well, i guess we get a new hat..

That’s something new..right?

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.