Please improve Toypocalypse

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Nicron.2794

Nicron.2794

Hi
I love Toypocalypse, i think its the most fun mini-game in GW2!
This Tower-Defense-like game is a great idea
But after 4-5 rounds with a good group it gets rly boring, because its too easy if you know how to build the right way
Could you please add more waves/harder mode/endless waves or something like that?
It would be awesome, and I think this is the only mini-game that has the potential to let me play for weeks event without any rewards, just for the huge fun factor

btw: This is my first wintersday in GW and I rly love it, one of the best updates since i started playing

Greetings from germany

(edited by Nicron.2794)

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Seems most still know it from last year. With lfg tool I immediately found a group where we saved all Dolyaks until end at my first try. Still need a 2nd run I think for other achievements that require to have it played a bit more.

Yes, if you know how to do it it is really easy. Smashing thing all the time and building stuff near Dolyak and some a bit away to distract. If robot spawns all move away from mid(so he won’t kill your stuff there) and use rifle to zerg it down.

Don’t think they will make it harder(for winter and christmas they want it so most people can get all achievements). But maybe we could get some different stuff with same mechanics and not limited to Wintersday as permanent activities for premade groups – with harder stuff and achievements.

Posted by: Xalugami.2096

Xalugami.2096

I’m a little confused here. If you’re saying it gets boring after 5 rounds (25 waves), why would you suggest more waves?
I do agree there should be a harder mode though. Also a unique trade-able skin (exactly like how the 3 Sanctum Catchers were handled) for completing this hypothetical Toypocalypse Hard Mode would be a special touch, considering this activity is the big culmination of Wintersday.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I want to see the last couple of waves include multiple bosses at the same time. That would make it more exciting. I would also like to see an extra reward for keeping all the Dolyaks alive, and a final reward chest after you’ve survived all the waves. Now it just comes to a halt, and it’s a bit odd how it just suddenly stops.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Nicron.2794

I’m a little confused here. If you’re saying it gets boring after 5 rounds (25 waves), why would you suggest more waves?
I do agree there should be a harder mode though. Also a unique trade-able skin (exactly like how the 3 Sanctum Catchers were handled) for completing this hypothetical Toypocalypse Hard Mode would be a special touch, considering this activity is the big culmination of Wintersday.

i mean 5 games, sry ^^

the wintersday achievements could stay like that, just higher the difficulty AFTER the 10 rounds would be great

Nicron.2794

sry but i rly have to push that

am I the only one who thinks this would be amazing? ^^