Presents in the open world?

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Last year there were presents you could open and they would have the holiday toys in them and drop gifts. Are those not in the game this year? I have not seen any and they are not marked on the map like every other thing has been for these kind of things.

Posted by: Nodo.6907

Nodo.6907

I’ve seen 1-3 in Frostgorge Sound and one in Kessex I believe. Two days in a row the one at Frostgorge has been in the same location. It was pretty close to the dungeon. I have seen them while out scavenging mats.

Name- Nodo
Server – Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Yeah, i’ve seen them in many locations. Frostgorge has quite a few.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I have my graphics cranked up so I see them seemingly everywhere. I don’t think they’re showing on the minimap, but you should be tripping over them.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Ok I just went around in 1 area and did not see any. I guess I just was in the wrong places. I wish they would show up on the map like every other event item, and the presents themselves last year.

Posted by: Eyelusion.8205

Eyelusion.8205

Yup. They are there, but they don’t show on them mini map. I’ve seem them all over in pve in level 15-30 areas. There’s a couple in Kessex Hills around the chest and wurm area.

I like that not everyone is just running from one to another on the minimap and/or porting to open them before I get there. But, it sucks that people can still take the presents and leave the toys to run around and have to be killed by others.

They should make it so you have to kill the toys to get the presents!

Ele’s Pwn J00!

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Is there a reason they’re no longer showing on the mini-map? Seems a strange change.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I kept on tripping over them in Fireheart Rise…. And every time I did, some dolls came out…..

Posted by: Kris.4802

Kris.4802

Is there a reason they’re no longer showing on the mini-map? Seems a strange change.

I like this change. You just come across them now and open instead of farmming them. If you want to farm gifts, SPvP is the way to go

Mordremoth’s triumvirate of evil:
1. Trahearne 2. Scarlet 3. The sylvari that keeps spamming “More violets I say, less violence.”