Puzzles to destroy the tower

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: MAUS HOUS.8047

MAUS HOUS.8047

I feel like all of the puzzles apart from the toxic one are not very intuitive, if that’s the right word to use here. I did the toxic one first and fine, but for the other 3, well since I’ve just come back to the game at haloween I now don’t know the answers to these questions! or atleast the clockwork one. The aether puzzle was just random selection, and I’m still stuck on the Molten one because, well it gives no clues what so ever! I don’t mind giving people who played the living story something to remember when they come to these questions, but more context and hints is definately needed for people who have just come back. I bet theirs a bunch of clever ways to give context without giving the whole puzzle away, just my thoughts

Holla. At. Me.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Talk to Majory.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

MAUS HOUS.8047

Talk to Majory.

I did, she said “look at the extremes of the molten alliance” :S WTF! I went on the wiki to even read about it, no answers there.

Holla. At. Me.

Posted by: YangMan.1928

YangMan.1928

go to www.dulfy.net as she has all the answers

MAUS HOUS.8047

go to www.dulfy.net as she has all the answers

That’s the point I’m making, I shouldn’t HAVE to go to those websites to find out, it should be made correctly so I don’t have to.

Holla. At. Me.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Think about what the Molten Alliance consist of.
A small hint is that the first time they showed up was in the sub-arc named Flame & Frost.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: YangMan.1928

YangMan.1928

Yeah, I did figure out that’s what you were getting at Maus Hous but life’s too short…..

MAUS HOUS.8047

Yeah, I did figure out that’s what you were getting at Maus Hous but life’s too short…..

I guess :P

Holla. At. Me.

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

All the puzzles make use of your knowledge about the events of the Living Story so far and/or of simple logic.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

For anyone that has played through the instances of the LS, the puzzles were a breeze, some were just simply easy to guess as well.

The real easy ones for those that did the LS were the Watchknight and the Molten Alliance puzzles since they had clues only a few would get.
Since the molten alliance happened during a section called the ‘Flame and Frost’. Kinda see the correlation?

Duty is heavier than death.

(edited by Talonblaze.3175)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Actually it’s pretty easy to figure out if you talk to Majory and have minor basic knowledge of the evil factions. It all makes sense and I was able to figure it out before Dulfy even posted so meow.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

All I can say you should have had more patience. It was a fun puzzle and any player who looked up the solution instead of actually playing the game, I feel sorry for the loss of a good experience of a decent puzzle. A game that actually makes the player do some thinking is much needed. I am glad to be rid of the hand holding.

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Wait… You actually need to know something to “solve” these puzzles? I just clicked randomly and did them without problems o_O

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

I enjoyed these puzzles. I want to see more of this sort of thing in the future.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

I liked them. I talked to Marjory before i even began, and only asked about the molten one. The rest was easy.

Molten? The two extremes, and the one thing common between the two as the third.
Watchknight? Just use common sense. If you heard Scarlet speak ever, you would have a good idea what sentence shuts down, destroys or activates the watchknight.
The toxic pod. Just look around, examine the pod, and see what you can do with what you have. A caveman’s proud invention shouldnt be that much of a puzzle.
The aether console? Trial and error if you must, itsnot long till you get what it comes down to. Similar to the molten one. The aspects of the two allied factions in the aetherblades hold the right answer.

Would love to seemore of this kind of thing. Similar to that asura gate facility in Brisban Wildlands. You can finish the job in more ways than one, and not all of them involve just fighting or pressing a simple F on a node.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

I was stuck at molten for a while because I kept over thinking it.

Flame legion = gold legion = gold = kitten why isnt this working?

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Molten Alliance = Molten = Lava = Hot = Megan Fox.

Marjory would agree

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

I solved all the puzzles (I didn’t fight anyone, so that should count as solving – right?) but didn’t get the achievement after beating the tower again. Anyone know whether this is bugged or is there somthing I missed?

Polka will never die

Posted by: Shades.4572

Shades.4572

Honestly I went in and solved the Aetherblade puzzle and Watchknight my first try. I didn’t even realize there was a fail option until I got to the Molten. Then I was like ooo so we do have to pick certain combos and just thought ok flame, ice, and iron would be the best to describe them. While in the back of my mind I was giddy for myself since my instinct/personal choose for the Aetherblade puzzle was actually the answers.

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

I solved all the puzzles (I didn’t fight anyone, so that should count as solving – right?) but didn’t get the achievement after beating the tower again. Anyone know whether this is bugged or is there somthing I missed?

The Watchknight have 3 solutions. If it exploded you need to do it again. For the puzzle, you need to deactivate it.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet