PvP Cultural and Dungeon Armor

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: GLaDOS.3705

GLaDOS.3705

Hey there,

I just saw the livestream and developers said that we can buy PvP Cultural and Dungeon armor for glory and gold. Also I know from blogpost that in a month or so there’ll be a system, which will allow us to transfer skins from PvE to PvP and vice versa. Should I buy these armors if I already have them in PvE?

Thanks so much in advance.

Posted by: Arkanis Drako.5169

Arkanis Drako.5169

I´d like to know as well.

I can only guess, that we can purchase these skins with glory and gold starting the next patch for pvp and then have them for pve as well some time later.

I can not believe they´d just destroy the pvp skins we´ve collected so far or those we´ll get to buy with the next patch (cultural and dungeon armor for glory and gold).

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Edit: My stupidity

I also want to know how they will do this. And when is this pvp patch coming out or is it December 10th officially?

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

(edited by Lunar Sunset.8742)

Posted by: Arkanis Drako.5169

Arkanis Drako.5169

Edit: My stupidity

I also want to know how they will do this. And when is this pvp patch coming out or is it December 10th officially?

You can find the details here: http://dulfy.net/2013/12/06/gw2-pvp-developer-livestream-notes/

It´s semi official, I guess.

Posted by: GLaDOS.3705

GLaDOS.3705

I’d like to know because my cultural set costs a decent amount of gold and pvp version costs half of it. The question is transfer between pve and pvp will be more than 60 gold or not?

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

From some thread or notes somewhere I saw that they want to let players transfer over their armor/weapon skins from pvp/pve and visa versa. Which would be amazing! But hopefully they do it!

I’m also going to be doing a lot more pvp since they kept hinting at gaining luck and it being important coming soon. Who knows… Just gets me into pvp more to level my alts now and gain that glory while I can.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

If you watched the live stream you still have to pay a good amount of gold to get your cultural armors plus a lot of glory for casual PvPers. I don’t think prestigious-ness will be an issue at all. What looks great is the tome of knowledge (+1 lvl) which seams to be relatively cheap, which is great if you have no motivation to level in pve (which I don’t).

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

They said skins we already own still have value, so I guess that also means if we own the same skin in both pve and pvp. Just a guess.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I’d like to know because my cultural set costs a decent amount of gold and pvp version costs half of it. The question is transfer between pve and pvp will be more than 60 gold or not?

As an avid PvP and PvE player who has The Emperor title, I can tell you that the glory costs offset it. You can never get lucky in PvP with something that gives you a ton of glory. In PvE you can get an item that you can sell for quite a bit. I think it is actually easier to get the Cultural T3 sets in PvE than it will be in PvP. You also have to remember that people that will have enough glory to afford one of those sets have spent tons of hours to get the glory to do so. They also have to have 60 gold as well. That means they have spent considerable time in both PvE and PvP.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall