Question about Meta Achievement

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

Q:

I was wondering, do the achievements you get for this Wintersday transfer over to next Wintersday or not? What I mean is, if you weren’t able to complete the meta achievement for this event before it’s over (say you end up with 6/20 achievements), would you be able to pick up where you left off last year or does the meta achievement counter reset to zero?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Most likely not.
The achievements for last Wintersday were not available this Wintersday.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Everyone living story event is unique and there will not be any cross over of achievements between them.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I’d say not.

Last wintersday achievements weren’t completable this one, same with the halloween ones. Makes sense considering that the meta event reward from last year was different (apprentice toymaker title, this year is journeyman toymaker and a choice of a pet or 100 presents), not to mention that at least some of the achievements last year wouldn’t be completable this year (last year Tixx set shop on each of the main cities before getting to Lion’s Arch, and you got an achievement for doing the dungeon in each one, this year he went straight for LA, and this year’s couldn’t be completed without also doing dailies that might not be available next year).

I’m guessing that’s how it’ll be for all holiday events, which also makes sense since it gives you more achievements to get if you already finished the meta in previous years. Non holiday periodic events (SAB, for example) might work differently, though, since we already saw in SAB that previous achievements were completable and new ones were added, and we already have a dev quote somewhere in the forums saying that the queen’s gauntlet will return, and achievements will be completable when it does.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.