Smart move Anet

Smart move Anet

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Dunno if anyone complained about it before, but they look really ugly. My main is warrior, so I wanted to get ascended for him, but the heavy armor look really turned me off.

Now you will say use transmutation stone. Ofcourse, I will if I ever craft a set.

Was it intended to make the BiS armor so ugly? I guess so. Very clever move by Anet. Make the crafted armor ugly and then sell the good skins on TP for gems, plus the transmutation stone price if anyone wants some other armor skins. Hell, even the draconic armor set looks way better than the ugly ascended ones. Way to go, Anet!!

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

(edited by NiloyBardhan.9170)

Smart move Anet

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

Same thing with Tier 3 cultural armor being rare. All about the $$$$$$$$$$$$

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

Smart move Anet

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

It’s not like draconic was known for looking good, that’s the former BiS craft armor. I personally think ascended looks a step above draconic, but it’s subjective.

Smart move Anet

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

It’s not like draconic was known for looking good, that’s the former BiS craft armor. I personally think ascended looks a step above draconic, but it’s subjective.

Hey, I never want to give up my draconic armor. The best looking heavy armor (to me) that I’ve seen.

Smart move Anet

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

I like the heavy, but it looks “cheap” on human males.(My main is human male warr so i’ll be talking about that only). I’ll craft it, but from behind it looks so bad. The female one looks better, well put together but the male one has huge, noticeable gaps beetwen some pieces(the only one that really annoys me is the gap beetwen the leg plate and the boots). Other than that it’s good.

Smart move Anet

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I actually like the look of some of the heavy pieces on my female norn warrior. So really.. to each their own.

Smart move Anet

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

I actually like the look of some of the heavy pieces on my female norn warrior. So really.. to each their own.

But on male (human), it just looks….yuck. Pathetic!!

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

Smart move Anet

Posted by: Manifibel.8420

Manifibel.8420

Just because you think it is ugly, does not mean that everybody else thinks it ugly. I know most of the game community do not like it but hey, the game is not build around just to please everysingle one of you, all the time. Remember that.

I myself are not a big fan of the whole set. But parts of it can work well on my Warrior Charr.

Dungeons being about how fast you clear then compared to being able to clear them makes me sad.

Smart move Anet

Posted by: Brigg.3961

Brigg.3961

If you’re crafting ascended armor for the looks, you might want to think about some cheaper, more easily attainable alternatives

HoD [STRM]
All classes, level 80
Dropbear Massacre, Necro Main

Smart move Anet

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

money makes the world goes arround

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Smart move Anet

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

The sets as a whole are ugly but some individual pieces are not bad combined with something else.
On the other hand, shoulders and especially helms are really horrible in my opinion.

Smart move Anet

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

Thank the gods, i dont need ascended armor.

Do you?

Does anyone?

Smart move Anet

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I’m pretty torn on the helms. The heavy helm has a really cool looking crown but the helm itself is tad ugly.

I can see the shoulders on heavy working really well with a Grenth hood though, it has that deathly look to match it.

Smart move Anet

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

It’s not like draconic was known for looking good, that’s the former BiS craft armor.

This.

Previous BiS crafted gear all looked like kitten for the most part. Remember all of the crafted lvl 80 exotic gear? Pearl weapons? Yeah.

Think about it… Isn’kitten bit conspicuous that ascended weapons/armour started popping up shortly after most of the player base was “done” with their main gear? What was the point of ascended armour/weapons having higher stats other than forcing people to buy a whole new wave of Transmutation stones? Ascended gear was nothing but detrimental to the rest of the game… Or you can believe that it was accidentally lucky timing and misguided well wishing from them! Up to you.

Smart move Anet

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

Do you?

Does anyone?

To do fotm 50 daily you need 70 AR and its actually cheaper to get the armor then it is to make a +20 infusion

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

Smart move Anet

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Do you?

Does anyone?

The only time you’d need is if you are doing level 50 fractals, even then I’m not entirely convinced you absolutely need it however.

Smart move Anet

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Do you?

Does anyone?

The only time you’d need is if you are doing level 50 fractals, even then I’m not entirely convinced you absolutely need it however.

Well you need 70 AR for lvl 50-59. You can get 40, not counting the agony resistance slots. Getting 3, +10s is rather expensive (too lazy to compare it to ascended armor right now).

Then you can say “need” in terms of getting the best gear. For people that do WvW it will make a difference, and for people that want speed runs it will also make a difference. Each armor piece has a ~5% increase in all 3 stats from exotics, so it does add up.