Snowball Mayhem is awesome

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

Just wanted to say thanks! I really haven’t enjoyed too many of the mini-games in the past, but this one is really fun. Reminds me a lot of Team Fortress and I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it out. Thanks again and keep up the good work. Also, the rewards felt at a right pace for it too!

Posted by: signahead.7281

signahead.7281

It’s a fun game, but it is veerrrryy dependent on finding a good instance, one where most (or, Tixx forbid, all) of the participants are playing the game and not just marking time to get the “Play 15 Matches” achievement.

It would be oh-so-very-much better if that achievement actually encouraged people to play the game, instead of standing aside and hoping for a quick 500 to 0 finish.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Eh, it’s OK. There’s plenty of room for good skill and strategy, but you really need a team that knows what they’re doing to win. I tend to dislike activities where you have to rely on an unreliable team for victory.

Posted by: Grapher.5342

Grapher.5342

I like this PvP and i have the feeling main PvP should be like this as well. This is the closest thing we got to GW1 PvP in my opinion, some of you may or may not like that though.

Isn’t it just amazing what they’ve achieved with only 3 random classes put together, no gear no traits no runes/sigils needed and you can have a blast and be on equal footing.

Granted this map is mostly of the type when you run to the middle and fight it out there but i have succesfully stalled the enemy team from delivering the present and even managed to steal it using the shortcut over the snowflakes.

Duking it 1v1 is also good for every class, especially if you use the terain and boost to your advantage.

If this kind of PvP made it to non living story i’m sure a lot of people would play it, but just remember to remove the silly achievement as it promotes afking. And if you want to shove weapon specific skill then you need to turn to GW1 for advice, we need a lot more skills, traits and runes alone don’t make for a build diversity.

Just 2 quick tips for getting first present as scout or support:
- Scout: run in use stealth when almost there, grab the present do 180° and use #6.
- Support as bait: use #3 to make foes fall, if you’re all alone grab it otherwise use #5 and have fun running people over. While doing this distraction hopefully one of your teammates has picked up the present.

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

I have not come across the afk issue yet, in fact most matches have been quite competitive. Either way, the afk issue is secondary to the actual mechanics of the map, which is what the point of my post was about! Looks like most people are done with the achievements now anyways.

I’m not saying this mode is better than spvp, that is still far surperior regarding class variety/build variety/etc, but as far as a game modes go; this one was stellar!

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Yes this one is a lot of fun.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

It would be oh-so-very-much better if that achievement actually encouraged people to play the game, instead of standing aside and hoping for a quick 500 to 0 finish.

agreed. I’ve yet to find a match that was even remotely a competition. It ends 2 way. I’m on a team that can’t do kitten or i’m on a team that rolls over the other team.
Its never 400-500 or something like that its always more like 500-100

#ELEtism

Posted by: Ikaros.7219

Ikaros.7219

i’ve been stuck w/ afker’s sitting at the spawn.. drooling over themselves…

but overall i’ve had fun playing.. especially when im in a really close match..

“Raw overwhelming power. He who has it, rules. He who doesn’t, begs.”