So let's try the new patch

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

.. Seriously though.. Great that you have thoughts on how to improve the game. It’s cool that you let Arena Net know when you are displeased with decisions they make. But for the love of god, please speak like you would do to a person in real life. It isn’t going to be less offensive because you sit safely behind your computers screens.
The forum would be a lot more enjoyable for both us and Arena Net that way.
I know a lot of people in game who stay away from the forums, because it’s to frustrating to read through all the posts. And can you blame them?

PS
Merry Christmas everyone <3
Lets all behave like we are suppose to this time of year

Post edited by moderator

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Yoji.1420

Yoji.1420

I intend to behave like I am supposed to at this time of the year. I will get ‘merry’ (read: drunk), eat until I am more than full and watch terrible, terrible television.

And here’s hoping all the staff at Arena Net enjoy their time off.

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

Agreed, Jokke!!! Merry Christmas to all! Great job on a great game, ArenaNet! You guys did (and continue to do) so many things right! You’ve created an immersive environment with great gameplay in so many different and diverse areas. I’ve been with you since Factions (missed the Prophecies release) and I’ll be here quite a bit longer. Thanks for my seven year addiction.

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

It’s cool that you let Arena Net know when you are displeased with decisions they make. But for the love of god, please speak like you would do to a person in real life. It isn’t going to be less offensive because you sit safely behind your computers screens.
I know a lot of people in game who stay away from the forums, because it’s to frustrating to read through all the posts. And can you blame them?

PS

Post edited by moderator

You are incurring in the same fallacious logic many others do these days: You assume anonymity, and the associated pseudo-immunity, the perceived lack of consequences for your actions, turns people into monsters. You think it’s power that corrupts people.

This is the biggest lie you’ve ever been told.

Power does not corrupt. Power has never corrupted anything in history. It merely lets you be as corrupt as you’ve always truly been. People “hiding” behind anonymity posting horrible and heartless comments on the internet aren’t being dishonest. They’re dishonest the rest of the time, when they pretend they’re nice and play along because they’re afraid of the consequences, while silently wishing we’d all die in a fire.

You assume people hide behind masks to be someone else, when in fact, it’s only when they’re behind masks that you truly get to know who most people really are.

So you sit there and you wish we’d all act here as we act “in real life”, while I wish for the exact opposite. Show me who you really are.

But then again, the thing that bothers me when reading forums is when people are stupid. Stupid and nice is still stupid. If anything the moderation censorship bothers me more than people being “mean”. Those I can easily disregard.

jokke.6239

It’s cool that you let Arena Net know when you are displeased with decisions they make. But for the love of god, please speak like you would do to a person in real life. It isn’t going to be less offensive because you sit safely behind your computers screens.

PS

Post edited by moderator

You are incurring in the same fallacious logic many others do these days: You assume anonymity, and the associated pseudo-immunity, the perceived lack of consequences for your actions, turns people into monsters. You think it’s power that corrupts people.

This is the biggest lie you’ve ever been told.

Power does not corrupt. Power has never corrupted anything in history. It merely lets you be as corrupt as you’ve always truly been. People “hiding” behind anonymity posting horrible and heartless comments on the internet aren’t being dishonest. They’re dishonest the rest of the time, when they pretend they’re nice and play along because they’re afraid of the consequences, while silently wishing we’d all die in a fire.

You assume people hide behind masks to be someone else, when in fact, it’s only when they’re behind masks that you truly get to know who most people really are.

So you sit there and you wish we’d all act here as we act “in real life”, while I wish for the exact opposite. Show me who you really are.

But then again, the thing that bothers me when reading forums is when people are stupid. Stupid and nice is still stupid. If anything the moderation censorship bothers me more than people being “mean”. Those I can easily disregard.

You are going a bit to far off topic.
Even if how they behave is who they truly are, doesn’t mean they should behave how they want on the forums. There is a reason why there is consequences to our bad actions. And those reason should apply here as much as in real life. That is common sense.
And I fail to see how “stupid” people bothers you. A persons IQ shouldn’t determine if you like him or not. The “stupid” people bought the game like you and I, and is perfectly inclined to post their thoughts on this forum. If I misunderstood your message, please do explain again .. I am from EU so not so used to “fancy” English language And I gotta say that you sure did “assume” a lot about what I wrote to fit your statement. My message was never about what color is peoples true color, but about how you should behave in a community.
But yeah .. like I said, a bit of topic ^^

(edited by jokke.6239)

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

+1 to the OP. I was telling my wife that I feel like such a dork because of how excited I am for the patch today. Sure there will be some changes I’m not thrilled with, but my build will adapt and that will be that.

Now if I can just make it through the work day with minimal mistakes due to thinking about GW2 instead of what I’m working on.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Posted by: Alora.6841

Alora.6841

Aaaaw, the original title was way better. More cats to the forums!

And let’s face it kids, Christmas should not be about behaving yourselves. The religious part set aside ( which we aren’t allowed to discuss on this forum, anyway I guess), you should BE good, and not BEHAVE good. Pretending to be good gets you all the candy, but the other kids still don’t want to play with you, once they find out you stole theirs too.

I am Commander Shepard and Evons Company is my favorite store in Lion’s Arch.

jokke.6239

And let’s face it kids, Christmas should not be about behaving yourselves. The religious part set aside ( which we aren’t allowed to discuss on this forum, anyway I guess), you should BE good, and not BEHAVE good. Pretending to be good gets you all the candy, but the other kids still don’t want to play with you, once they find out you stole theirs too.

Yeah I got edited by a mod. Guess they are dog persons ?

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Yeah I got edited by a mod. Guess they are dog persons ?

They should put more puppies in here then! (would you believe me when I said I typed “pur” instead of “put”?)