Something wrong with Choir game?

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Jason.6719

Jason.6719

Did something change in the game in the last week or so, I just cant do it anymore. I used to finish the whole set, now I cant even do one part of it.

Posted by: Blads.6132

Blads.6132

I’ve suddenly got problems too, although I used to complete it with 600 points.

Last round it even kicked me out of my favorite song. Oo

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I once got kicked out once during the “play whatever you like” song….guess jingle bells was the wrong choice for me to play. o.o

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’ve been having some serious (and extremely random) lag spikes at the start of the songs. The lead clicks will start to give you the time, and then suddenly its raining notes before the clicks stop. Then when I hit the notes when they are in the ring, I start taking damage like I missed or played the wrong one, which isn’t the case. It’s like someone hit fast forward on the back end, but the front end isn’t keeping up, so it’s not registering accurately. Extremely frustrating.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

My guess is that the instance became desynced between the server and the game client.

Not much we can do, but rejoin and hope you entered a working instance.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ve noticed that it occasionally doesn’t seem to register my 6-9 keys. I nearly died a few times because every single right-hand note was missed.

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

Glad to know that this super lag in Bell Choir Ensemble (BCE) mini game doesn’t just happen to me.

Yes, this mini game has been freaking laggy in the last couple days.

All the colorful circles (the notes) are scattered all over the place.
Sometimes, the circles are clustered together.
Sometimes, they’re just disappeared before they even reach the blue circle in the middle.
Sometimes, they’re just separated too far away from the distance they’re supposed to be.
Because of those, all the songs became severely out of tempo and very distracting for my ears.
The key stroke sometimes didn’t get registered as well due to lag.

I used to be able to score 600 in every single part (upper, middle and lower), but lately, I even got kicked out several times from the stage even on the first/easiest song….

I already set my setting to the lowest as well, and my internet speed was just fine.
Those attempts didn’t help to reduce the lag.

Please take a look at your BCE mini game, Anet.
The lag is upsetting many frequent BCE players….

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

(edited by crystalpink.2487)

Posted by: Dargus Kelen.2831

Dargus Kelen.2831

Just to put my +1 to this, I’d like to do this event without missing that badly.

I thought it was related to my computer (Mac) client because I was able to do it on my PC client repeatedly before and after I had issues.

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

I had that several times too, especially when joining mid game. I just lost HP without reason (I was soooo hitting the notes correctly and had no problems with my internet connection). Dying and then rejoining fixed it then. But it still happens every now and then.

Posted by: Sir Black.7423

Sir Black.7423

I can do one session where I get over 570 points. Then turn around and do another session where I die on 4 of the songs (while other people are still getting all the notes). It seems pretty much down to luck whether a session is going to respond well or not.

It’s very frustrating when all I want to do is squeeze the last achievement points out of this minigame, but every failed song wastes my time since they don’t count.