Stealing from US (again and again)

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They are necessary. Gold sinks help slow down inflation.

Posted by: Holion.5604

Holion.5604

Op obviously never studied economy.

Posted by: Yaj.5973

Yaj.5973

The way this game is set up is rediculous:
1. You charge us to go to a WP, which is just stupid.
2. You charge us to list our stuff on the TP, another stupid idea.
3. Whenever we do find a way to make money you guys nerf it by stopping it or way lowering the drops we get.
4. Donate to Winterdays to get part of the achievements, is outragous.

This is suppose to be a game that is fun and you doing all the above is not making it fun. Why are you guys constantly looking for ways to take the money we spend hours trying to get? Where does the money really go? into thin air as the NPC’s are not real people, WP, TP and Winterdays Donation do nothing but STEAL FROM US.
We spend grinding hours of trying make money or get items which is getting to the point of NOT FUN. NOT FUN GET IT????

1. don’t like waypoints? you can do what some cheap members in my previous guild did, WALK. yes, they chose to walk from lions arch all the way to Brisban for guild bounty and then walk all the way to Fields of Ruins for guild rush.

Pay a fee for a “short cut” or walk. I choose the fee. of course when returning, i just go to the mist and then return to LA.

2. I haven’t played a game that never used this mechanic. even in life, they use this mechanic. so no issue here.

3. Anet tries to keep the game balanced and fresh by balancing certain things. Most things people use to make money are exploits, which is not actually playing the game the way it was meant to be played. Anet wanted everyone to do all dungeons so they created this new system. Everyone ran cof for days when it was the old system.

4. You don’t have to do this. Donate 1 copper for the daily. are you that cheap that you can’t donate 1 copper for 1 achievement points? Anet gave us many alternatives to achievements for the meta. you can skip on the silver and gold achievement and just do daily.

Posted by: Noxaeternam.6214

Noxaeternam.6214

The way this game is set up is rediculous:
1. You charge us to go to a WP, which is just stupid.
2. You charge us to list our stuff on the TP, another stupid idea.
3. Whenever we do find a way to make money you guys nerf it by stopping it or way lowering the drops we get.
4. Donate to Winterdays to get part of the achievements, is outragous.

This is suppose to be a game that is fun and you doing all the above is not making it fun. Why are you guys constantly looking for ways to take the money we spend hours trying to get? Where does the money really go? into thin air as the NPC’s are not real people, WP, TP and Winterdays Donation do nothing but STEAL FROM US.
We spend grinding hours of trying make money or get items which is getting to the point of NOT FUN. NOT FUN GET IT????

My thoughts:

1) Look at any other MMO ever. If you want to get across the map quickly, you pay. If not, drop the whole ‘quickly’ thing. A good point was brought up with the ‘gold sink’ comment earlier. This is an example of some money disappearing from the system and not going into goods, items, et cetera. This, however, is a good example. More on why the Ho-Ho-Tron and shifty bard aren’t a good example later.

2) Through all my experience with MMOs, there have been three options for trading. One- stand in a crowded area and scream “SELLING TWILIGHT AND GLOBS OF ECTOPLASM” for hours on end until someone wants to underpay you for it. Two- Limited transactions at a time, but free listing. Three- Unlimited listings, but with a fee. This is another gold sink, like the WP cost, that helps balance the amount of gold in circulation. Besides, it’s only 10%. I’ve played plenty of games where it’s 15%.

3) I hear ya on this one, if only halfway. I do feel like ANet is constantly making it harder and harder to make decent gold (through means such as drastically lowering the drops of certain materials- Seriously, why is a chili pepper 11 silver???- and utterly destroying the drop ratios from bosses and champions), but the game still has plenty of options for making gold. Play the gem exchange. Play the TP! I bought 250 silk scraps a few months ago when they were DIRT cheap (less than a silver each, if I remember correctly), and now they’re averaging just shy of 2s each. Look out for great deals and take advantage of them! Also, don’t discount Dungeons as a way to make gold. Even without selling the mats I get (I love crafting too much), I still get an impressive amount of gold after a run.

4) Dude, I got nothing here. Ho-Ho-Tron and his shifty bard friend are satan incarnate. Do we even have stats on how much gold is required to start that Dolyak? It’s ridiculous, putting so much money into an event that: 1- no one will likely help with, and 2- is EXTREMELY easy to fail… and lose everything. At least we get some Giant Wintersday Presents, though! It’s not like we don’t have those flowing out our ears already…

Also, a parting note.. Might want to avoid the rage in your original post. Blind anger never helps to forward an argument.

For the love of the Six, fix the Mac client.