Stop changing our armors in the JPs!

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

Seriously Arenanet, the only reason I refuse to try sPVP is because you remove my armor set, I worked so hard to get, once I step in the mysts and look like a lvl 1 all over again.

Why on earth would you do that in the jumping puzzles too? It almost feels like you take away my beloved character and replace it with someone completely different.

Are you worried some people will wear big obstrusive clothes? Make it like the halloween JP then where everyone else besides you is a cloud…but no, you also had to remove our clothes in the halloween update too, which makes no sense at all.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

They already have plans to remove the difference between PvE and PvP clothes, allowing you to wear your PvE gear in PvP and vice versa.

Posted by: Berkhof.5804

Berkhof.5804

it is because for whatever reason, these jumping puzzles use the pvp code for creating the instances.
on the pvp roadmap is letting you bring in your pve cloths into pvp so it will get fixed by then at least.

Posted by: islarose.7356

islarose.7356

Seriously Arenanet, the only reason I refuse to try sPVP is because you remove my armor set, I worked so hard to get, once I step in the mysts and look like a lvl 1 all over again.

Why on earth would you do that in the jumping puzzles too? It almost feels like you take away my beloved character and replace it with someone completely different.

Are you worried some people will wear big obstrusive clothes? Make it like the halloween JP then where everyone else besides you is a cloud…but no, you also had to remove our clothes in the halloween update too, which makes no sense at all.

I don’t think they’re worried about big, obtrusive armor, seeing as the pvp collections include some of those pieces. I think they included it so that PvE players who get PvP skins from Achievement chests can actually use them. I kind of enjoy playing around with my gear skins for various characters at the PvP locker; so I’m not stuck in the lame starter outfit for the daily/event activities, plus it’s the only place I can see all of the random PvP gear I’ve received.

Posted by: Tyragon.2496

Tyragon.2496

it is because for whatever reason, these jumping puzzles use the pvp code for creating the instances.
on the pvp roadmap is letting you bring in your pve cloths into pvp so it will get fixed by then at least.

They have a pretty good reason. sPvP makes makes you unable to use any sort of bundles which can be used for exploit, it also makes it easier to keep the map open with a timer and I also believe that having sPvP maps up is easier than having Overflows, seeing as the JP only has a few people and an Overflow is meant to house about a hundred or more.

It all comes down to technical reasons, instead of having to create a new type of server map that isn’t sPvP or PvE. That might come down the line, but it’s not a priority given how time consuming and probably requires additional resources.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

They have a pretty good reason. sPvP makes makes you unable to use any sort of bundles which can be used for exploit, it also makes it easier to keep the map open with a timer and I also believe that having sPvP maps up is easier than having Overflows, seeing as the JP only has a few people and an Overflow is meant to house about a hundred or more.

It all comes down to technical reasons, instead of having to create a new type of server map that isn’t sPvP or PvE. That might come down the line, but it’s not a priority given how time consuming and probably requires additional resources.

But there weren’t any problems last year in this JP and we could use our regular PvE armor…. or did we do the JP in our town clothes (can’t remember).

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

It’s to force the more vain of us into sPvP (a game mode I don’t particularly enjoy) so you can earn the same appearance items you’ve already spent money, gold, or time on.

[/conspiracy]

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Good thing I look sweet in my PVE and PVP clothes.

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

They made it a PvP game to eliminate all possible speed buffs, giving everyone equal footing.

It sounds like they would have to recode instanced PvE to put in the same restrictions, and they are likely spending their time on other stuff instead.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

They already have plans to remove the difference between PvE and PvP clothes, allowing you to wear your PvE gear in PvP and vice versa.

^This, the solution already in the works.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

All the activities use PVP architecture, and it’s technically classed as an activity (hence that timer at the top that resets the instance when it ends) so it does too.