Th-thanks

Th-thanks

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

I-I didn’t really want to be in your c-choir anyway.

Attachments:

Th-thanks

Posted by: Chrises Assa.1264

Chrises Assa.1264

RAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEEEER

Attachments:

Th-thanks

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

can’t you just rebind your keys?

Th-thanks

Posted by: Tetriandoch.6145

Tetriandoch.6145

Geez, what the heck of a keyboard is that?
Joking, but more seriously: you CAN rebind your keys. Not, of course, that you miss anything amazing with Bell Choir… -.-

Th-thanks

Posted by: Leto Atreides II.2153

Leto Atreides II.2153

So it’s their fault you bought a hipster keyboard?

Th-thanks

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

I don’t get it. What’s the problem?

Th-thanks

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The 6 key and 7 key are far apart? And he hasn’t re-bound the keys?

I’m guessing here….

Th-thanks

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

I think/hope most people would need to rebind keys when playing bell choir or instruments in general, anyway.

Th-thanks

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

The 6 key and 7 key are far apart? And he hasn’t re-bound the keys?

I’m guessing here….

Yeah, but all those slots are used everywhere in the game so there is a way to use them all. :P I mean that he can use the skills in 6 and 7 slots (and every other slot too) in normal gameplay but suddenly it’s impossible to use them in bell choir

(edited by Ameepa.6793)

Th-thanks

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

It takes longer to make a forum post with a screenshot than to reconfigure 4 keys. I know, because I just did both.

Attachments:

Th-thanks

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think/hope most people would need to rebind keys when playing bell choir or instruments in general, anyway.

Actually bell choir is the one place where I feel like the default layout works.

I position the camera overhead and then I don’t need to move it so I can have one hand on 1-4 and one on 6-9. Because I can keep both hands where they are I don’t have the same problem of losing my position like in normal game-play (where one hand has to try and cover all the keys).

But I’m pretty sure most people have rebound their keys for combat and use their new set-up for bell choir too so I assume there’s lots of ways it can work.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Th-thanks

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

What on earth is that keyboard and why?

And are you using both hands? I put my left hand on 1-4 and right hand on 6-9.
My keys also have those functions as secondary hotkeys, so I didn’t have to change my original hotkeys, both do the same thing.

Gotta play it like a piano. :o

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Th-thanks

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The why of that keyboard is ergonomics. People with carpal tunnel really benefit from them because they position the hand more naturally for normal typing.

Gaming is not normal typing.

Me, I’ve tried typing on those style keyboards when at a colleague’s desk at work. It does mean retraining muscle memory and so I sure hope I never get carpal tunnel.

Th-thanks

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

Actually bell choir is the one place where I feel like the default layout works.

I position the camera overhead and then I don’t need to move it so I can have one hand on 1-4 and one on 6-9. Because I can keep both hands where they are I don’t have the same problem of losing my position like in normal game-play (where one hand has to try and cover all the keys).

But I’m pretty sure most people have rebound their keys for combat and use their new set-up for bell choir too so I assume there’s lots of ways it can work.

Exactly, but it’s terrible for quickly using your skills if you also expect to ever move. The hoping part was that most people have realised this and changed their keybinds, but now have to change them back.

Th-thanks

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Exactly, but it’s terrible for quickly using your skills if you also expect to ever move. The hoping part was that most people have realised this and changed their keybinds, but now have to change them back.

Ah I see.

I moved my skills to the number pad, but I haven’t found another use for the number keys so I’ve kept both.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Th-thanks

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Ah I see.

I moved my skills to the number pad, but I haven’t found another use for the number keys so I’ve kept both.

Oh hey, a fellow Numpad skill user. Thumbs up!

Same here as well. I’ve got my normal skills bound to the Numpad, but as the secondary keybinding. I left the default keys intact in the primary position. So I can do Bell Choir on the original 1-9 keys and then go right back to playing with the Numpad for normal gameplay.

There are 2 bindings for each key, so why not? I doubt most people would have any use for 2 separate bindings for normal use, but it works for special instances like Bell Choir here.

Th-thanks

Posted by: BiJay.9830

BiJay.9830

Just curious, how do you get to the number pad during combat? Do you have like a third hand?

I’m having the utility skills bound to my mouse and some keys closer to ESDF (my movement keys, actually like them better than WASD) but still have the numbers as a second binding, so I’m fine with Bell Choir.

Th-thanks

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Just curious, how do you get to the number pad during combat? Do you have like a third hand?

I’m having the utility skills bound to my mouse and some keys closer to ESDF (my movement keys, actually like them better than WASD) but still have the numbers as a second binding, so I’m fine with Bell Choir.

A third hand would be awesome. But no, alas I do not.

I use the arrow keys for movement, the Numpad for skills (as well as some of the non-numbers like / and * for various stuff like weapon swapping), the Ins / Delete / Home cluster for my profession skills, Right Shift is my loot button, 0 for jump, ect.

So basically all the keys I need to press are on the left side of my keyboard. I put my left hand on the left side of the keyboard, my right hand on the mouse, and neither one has to move much except when I need to type actual text. And for Bell Choir, I use the default keys for that as mentioned.