This event should make us happy...

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Gieniusz Krab.8259

Gieniusz Krab.8259

Hi guys,

This event should make us happy (as in title). I saw mini ho-ho tron on tp but for 40g :<. This miniature can drop from large gifts. Of course chance is only 0.00….1% and that is the problem. I feel very angry because I spent 14g on those gifts. Arena Net, this event should make us happy (as in title, again)! You must increase chance for this miniature. I hope you will do it!

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Happiness is subjective; something that could make you and others happy could lead to the unhappiness of many others.

Say, if they increased the drop-rate, the TP prices would sharply fall and those selling it would find it much less profitable, and that’s without even mentioning those others who bought it for 40+g already.

In short, you can’t make everyone happy, as not everyone shares the same opinion.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

You have to keep in mind that people getting something as rare as this will most likely be very happy, but if you increased the drop-rate it would no longer be as special, and thus less people would be very happy.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Selling my mini ho-ho tron made me very happy, indeed.

Posted by: drowze.3709

drowze.3709

Haven’t gotten said drop, but I’m having fun with Toypocalyps, the jump puzzle and ringing the bells. After opening a couple stacks of presents (which I didn’t pay for, but got by having fun doing the minigames) I got both backpiece recipes. And to top it off I got a nice unbreakable bell I could sell for a bit of gold.
Wintersday is still my favorite GW holiday.

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I don’t think this specific Miniature is one to get too worked up about, it can be obtained within the game for Gold. Mini Mr. Sparkles however, that was something different. Expecting players to go to PAX and Gamescom in order to not have their collection broken.. yeah, how about.. no. ArenaNet made me sell my entire collection of minis because of that one blunder. I am no longer a collector, and I am no longer spending real money (nor Gold for that matter) on their added minis to the Gem Store. (I did buy the recent one to get the Puppy, which I actually use all the time, but that’s probably the last that I’ll ever buy.)

Sure, they are now giving Mr. Sparkles to those that purchase at least 4000 Gems within the duration of December, but it’s a little bit too late when I have already skipped on other packs is it not (Edit: Urgh.. the censorship of the combination of isn’t and it is getting really annoying..)? Now I have a even larger hole in my collection should I start collecting again.

Poor business sense on that one, ArenaNet. Oh well, less money I spend on the game, their loss, not mine. Only thing that annoys me is that I had a long-term goal of collecting them all, but I’ll live without one goal in the game.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

What event? I log in and see presents sitting around and snow and stuff but not a clue as to how to play or even start any of it. There’s nothing but an achievement screen and it isn’t talking.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

What event? I log in and see presents sitting around and snow and stuff but not a clue as to how to play or even start any of it. There’s nothing but an achievement screen and it isn’t talking.

Perhaps the Event NPCs in LA, visible from the map have something to do with this LS. Or those Dolyaks being attacked by Skritt.

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Perhaps the Event NPCs in LA, visible from the map have something to do with this LS. Or those Dolyaks being attacked by Skritt.

I haven’t a clue as to what you are referring. All I know is this content is on a timer and nothing exists in-game to help direct your time. I read on one of the achievements that I am supposed to open presents. I saw tons of presents around LA but none with which I could interact. What am I missing?

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

I don’t think this specific Miniature is one to get too worked up about, it can be obtained within the game for Gold. Mini Mr. Sparkles however, that was something different. Expecting players to go to PAX and Gamescom in order to not have their collection broken.. yeah, how about.. no. ArenaNet made me sell my entire collection of minis because of that one blunder. I am no longer a collector, and I am no longer spending real money (nor Gold for that matter) on their added minis to the Gem Store. (I did buy the recent one to get the Puppy, which I actually use all the time, but that’s probably the last that I’ll ever buy.)

Sure, they are now giving Mr. Sparkles to those that purchase at least 4000 Gems within the duration of December, but it’s a little bit too late when I have already skipped on other packs is it not (Edit: Urgh.. the censorship of the combination of isn’t and it is getting really annoying..)? Now I have a even larger hole in my collection should I start collecting again.

Poor business sense on that one, ArenaNet. Oh well, less money I spend on the game, their loss, not mine. Only thing that annoys me is that I had a long-term goal of collecting them all, but I’ll live without one goal in the game.

I hear ya. Limiting it to December purchases only was really annoying. I mean some of us support during the whole year and can’t drop like 50 bucks just for a mini. =/

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

I’m going to guess it’s referring to either the big presents (they’re bigger than a charr, hard to miss) scattered all over the world (on maps with enemies) or it’s referring to opening the presents you get as rewards for doing things or as drops – that appear in your inventory.

The text of whatever you’re referring to would probably clarify exactly what.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I believe the drop rates should be higher for Wintersday. It’s not the right time to play the Grinch.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

My gripe is the risk versus reward for opening the explorable zone presents. I’m really sick of 4-5 things spawning ALL with multiple interrupts or with stacking might/regen so it takes all my necro’s skills to stay alive. Not complaining about the difficulty since I CAN stay alive, but it’s disgusting that by the time the battles over two things happen. One: the presents have disappeared which have dropped for me because you have to pause to pick them up usually causing me to die, and two: the drop rate of the spawn is disgustingly low for even the event salvage used that can be traded in for useless junk (granted that may be fixed if I had greater than 85% magic find but really shouldn’t be).

The endless “living world” without an expansion really isn’t feasible because I CANNOT see them adding Cantha or Elona back in without an expansion, the map doesn’t support it. I know it’s only year one but don’t forget Factions came out one year (exactly) after Prophecies did. Also, nothing’s really happened in this past year. Zhaitan was defeated but instead of turning to fight the other elder dragons (Primordius, Kralkatorrik, Jormag and the unnamed one preventing trade with Cantha) they brought back Tequatl? How does that work? If Tequatl’s master is dead, wouldn’t you think the lieutenant could NOT come back in a world event because he is dead too? I guess I had an issue with the endless living world too. A lot has happened, but nothing truly noteworthy or game progressing. All they’ve done is introduce distractions (fractals and Scarlet) while the Elder Dragons continue to ravage Tyria. Furthermore, Scarlet’s existence and the power she has doesn’t make any sense either with Zhaitan’s defeat. The Nightmare court only exists because of Zhaitan’s influence on the dream which is fading. Guess I should have brought this up elsewhere since this event is a yearly thing but meh.

Good thing I joined up with the Vigil to stop the Elder Dragon… wait, there’s more? I didn’t sign up for that!

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

It’s made me happy. Don’t be a greedy little elf.

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

I haven’t a clue as to what you are referring. All I know is this content is on a timer and nothing exists in-game to help direct your time. I read on one of the achievements that I am supposed to open presents. I saw tons of presents around LA but none with which I could interact. What am I missing?

It’s not on a timer. At some point a NPC (there are actually 2 different NPCs) will spawn next to the crafting stations. An event will begin. You’re supposed to give him money until the bar is full, then the dolyak will start walking. At this point you have to follow it and protect it from the skrits. It will drop gifts on the ground from time to time.

Posted by: Kerishan.8460

Kerishan.8460

I’ll be happy when all that annoying white in lion’s arch will go away. I love snow, i love norns landscape but THAT white in lion’s arch is really unwatchable. Break my eyes completly.