Posted by: xxgrimxx.3510

xxgrimxx.3510

they forgot to say you need a group so i cant play thanks anet

LS makes me want scream!

Toypocalypse

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Magnus Heartseeker.7958

Magnus Heartseeker.7958

Because how dare they make something require some social interaction.

Toypocalypse

Posted by: xxgrimxx.3510

xxgrimxx.3510

some people don’t have a giant pool of friends you know

LS makes me want scream!

Toypocalypse

Posted by: Magnus Heartseeker.7958

Magnus Heartseeker.7958

Utilize LFG, find a guild, post in chat that you are lfg. There are several options.

Toypocalypse

Posted by: Dranos.6208

Dranos.6208

5 people is a giant group of friends

Toypocalypse

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

Actually, the update notes do state that a group can enter.

But I’m certain there will be enough players you can form a group with.

Toypocalypse

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

some people don’t have a giant pool of friends you know

This. I’m in the same boat. And probably no section in the LFG tool, so thats out, without guesting to other servers, which is limited to only 2 other servers…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Toypocalypse

Posted by: Fantastic.5298

Fantastic.5298

First off, poorly titled post. Gives readers almost no detail about what the post is actually about. Please retitle.
Second, pretty exaggerated to say you don’t have a large group of friends and that you blame Anet for requiring you have one. Its release day, groups are forming by the second. If its anything like last years you can run with 3-5 comfortably. And utilize the LFG tool if you are in a remote server, just post you are LFG in the living story section and someone will see it and join you. Its not the end of the world

Toypocalypse

Posted by: Nimuial.9714

Nimuial.9714

Adamryason, just because it fits your playstyle doesn’t mean it fits everyone’s. I’m finding this highly annoying as well.

I am grateful Toypocalypse is back, and I am extremely grateful you can enter with groups this year. However, I don’t get why it has to be either/or. The beauty of being able to join on the fly was being able to play continuous games, without having to break to re-form a party between each game or two because one person wants to/has to quit. Again, I love the increased co-ordination this will bring, but I also wish I had the ability to jump into a game randomly without having to set up the darn thing first.

Adamryason you inadvertantly bring up a good (contrary) point, in the sense that yes, it is release day… but what about weeks 3-6 of wintersday? Why should I have to sit around waiting for a party because the enthusiasm of others has waned?

I love what they’ve done this year, but I’m disappointed that the decision was to jump all the way to the other side of the spectrum in regards to solo/party play.

Toypocalypse

Posted by: XDeathShadowX.2619

XDeathShadowX.2619

I agree, it should be a mix of both. If you and a friend want to play then you should be able to start and have others fill in the empty slots. It’d still allow more coordination that last year but wouldn’t make you sit and look for a full party. As it is now if someone has to leave your shafted out of manpower. Also how is a group of random people that join off of LFG any better than a group of randoms that joins automatically? It just adds a step in between those who want to casually play and actually playing.

(edited by XDeathShadowX.2619)