Unacceptable Change

Unacceptable Change

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Taisia.2813

Taisia.2813

With the recent patch, normal quartz crystals will drop instead of charged ones from the Giant Gift boxes… Some people already opened tons of those boxes and stashed away a lot of charged crystals. The rest who planned to do it later are now put in a terribly unfair situation.

Dear anet, this is simply unacceptable and unfair. If it was unintended, why punish the player base like this?

My 2c.

Unacceptable Change

Posted by: Anen.1742

Anen.1742

Charged crystals in gifts => people complain. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/wintersday2013/Charged-Quartz-in-Presents-Disappointed
Crystals in gifts => people complain (this thread).

What is going wrong with you people?

Unacceptable Change

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Charged crystals in gifts => people complain. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/wintersday2013/Charged-Quartz-in-Presents-Disappointed

People don’t know what they want or need.

This is why ANET shouldn’t listen to most of the forums’ populace.

Unacceptable Change

Posted by: Taisia.2813

Taisia.2813

I’m talking about the “change” what they give does not matter, changing it half way is lousy. It’s unfair to people who are yet to open those boxes..

Unacceptable Change

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Half way? Thing has been barely up a day.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Unacceptable Change

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

I’m talking about the “change” what they give does not matter, changing it half way is lousy. It’s unfair to people who are yet to open those boxes..

It’s unfair for them to patch the game.

Got it.

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

Unacceptable Change

Posted by: bOgz.7263

bOgz.7263

Funny how people try to derail the subject.

What? Halfway only means midpoint of something?

Got it.

change = patch?

Unacceptable Change

Sawnic.6795

*It’s unfair for them to patch the game.
Got it.*
change = patch?

By definition. You’re calling it change, I’m calling it patch. You’re doing it on purpose, too, because it sounds worse.

I’m willing to bet you dropped several gold on presents and are now upset.

(edited by Sawnic.6795)

Unacceptable Change

Posted by: bOgz.7263

bOgz.7263

Got it.

change = patch?

By definition. You’re calling it change, I’m calling it patch. You’re doing it on purpose, too, because it sounds worse.

Create your own thread and call it patch. I understand you want to be noticed.

I was in the same boat with OP, planning to buy and open hoping to get charged quartz for leveling crafts to 500.

Unacceptable Change

Sawnic.6795

Got it.

change = patch?

Create your own thread and call it patch. I understand you want to be noticed.

I was in the same boat with OP, planning to buy and open hoping to get charged quartz for leveling crafts to 500.

Or, I can call it a patch here, because that’s what it is.

Unacceptable Change

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Thanks for making me sell half my cache of 20000 crystals before the hotfix anet. Get it right the first time so you don’t screw players out of money for no reason.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Unacceptable Change

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

it’s cool – very few would actually use the charged quartz. At least the regular quartz can be sold.

The real Unacceptable Change, is that Generosity Sigils no longer drop this year.
Whyyyyyy???

Unacceptable Change

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

..If you was after charged Q’s from those gifts.. why store soo many up and not just open them… like soo many people did.
Yer it might of been unintended… but nothing was stopping you opening them when you had them

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Unacceptable Change

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

It’s almost as if different people have different opinions. Mind blowing!

Unacceptable Change

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Well when someone prefaces it with “unacceptable change” rather than simply “undesirable change for some people” it’s hard to tell whether posters realize that folks have different opinions…. Just saying.

I’d give y’all all of my charged quartz if I could. I have no interest in it.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Unacceptable Change

Posted by: Slushey.8236

Slushey.8236

Funny how people try to derail the subject.

Got it.

change = patch?

1) Yes, half way generally means half way.

2) Well the patched changed things, and the changes were in the patch. So in this particular case they are one and the same.

Grand Duke Slushey of the Knîghtmare Court
Blackgate | Knîghtmare [KnM] | Knights of the Temple [KnT] | Attuned [Att]

Unacceptable Change

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Er… By definition, pretty much. Yes.

Got it.

change = patch?

Again, by definition, most changes come with patches… Since, outside of very minor things, they need to patch the game to change it. And patching does equal change, by definition, since patching implies/requires some change of code, however minor.

You’re really struggling there… I’m not weighing in on the argument, but if you’re going to argue semantics please do it right…

Unacceptable Change

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Instead of charged you have regular crystals. Charge them yourself. Sure it takes some to charge up, but with this change, the market will be flooded with them again, so they will be cheap.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Unacceptable Change

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Charged quartz = 25 quartz + 1 day
Downside is they’re account bound

Getting all those charged quartz meant not having to wait days to charge the regular ones. Also, what’s the drop ratio at now? Are they dropping roughly 25 times as many quartz as they were charged quartz? If not, then now we’re getting less materials.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Unacceptable Change

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Yes. Glad I opened a lot of gifts already. Still have tons of glory… too bad. If I knew this I would have opened even more before patch. They also heavily nerfed the drop rate of recipe for back items(price for Grenth already about at 3 gold from 60 silver increased). Glad I still have the skins in my bank which I got from yesterdays opening 1000 chests(about 5 each skin recipe). Now 2000 opened, not a single one.

I guess they wanted to counter the people from sPvP that would not get too much stuff with all their glory because cheap access to gifts. Wondering why giant gift price still is at 2 silver tp now that they contain less stuff(before it even was lower I think, 1 silver x copper and better stuff).

Edit: Change seems about 1:1. I have 198 normal quartz from 2000 chests. Yesterday I got almost 200 charged from between 1000 and 2000(more like 2000) chests. So it is much worse. 25 times better + you saved time.

(edited by Luthan.5236)

Unacceptable Change

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

I prefer the regular quartz, at least I can sell that.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Unacceptable Change

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I liked the charged ones incase they are used for legendaries. Cant hurt to have a stack of them just in case.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Unacceptable Change

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Its a tough situation.

On one hand, it was obviously unintended to drop Charged Quartz in the first place. So of course they want to fix it. Charged Quartz is intended as a time-gated item, and they don’t want a change to bypass that.

But on the other hand, now you’ve created a situation where a certain group of people has an advantage over everyone else just by being “first”. Some people opened thousands upon thousands of packages and got insane amounts of Charged Quartz. Someone in chat yesterday was saying they got 5 stacks of it. Those people are set, like, forever. They have enough charged quartz for pretty much ANYTHING they could ever introduce that would use it (because any item that takes anywhere near 5 stacks of Charged Quartz would be completely unreasonable for anyone else). Meanwhile everyone else is back to the “status quo” of time-gating.

Its debatable whether they should do as they did, fix the problem ASAP and minimize the damage it did at the cost of giving some an advantage, or whether they should just accept that they done screwed up, leave it alone, and give everyone a level playing field at the cost of marginalizing the material.

I’d almost say they should do the latter and just accept their mistake, except for one thing. This is still a limited-time event. Its going to end. And once it does end, it’ll be back to the time-gated status quo anyway. Now, if they left it in pretty much anyone playing the game right now would be set, even casual players would be able to amass substancial amounts of charged quartz over the 6-week period. But once the event ended, any new players would be SOL. Pretty much the entire playerbase would have enough Charged Quartz for a lifetime, and anyone coming in brand-new would be stuck with the time-gated nature. So in the end there’d still be a big Quartz “gap”, except there’d be a lot more people with the vast amounts.

So in the end I think they did the right thing switching it back. Of course, it would have been much better if they hadn’t made the mistake at all, they need to be more careful with this type of thing.

They could go and remove any excess Charged Quartz from people based on the number of days its been since it was introduced to help alleviate the problem some. If Charged Quartz has been available for 200 days, for example (I have no idea how long its actually been), then figuring in the rare chance of getting Charged Quartz while harvesting the home node you could probably safely remove any amount over 230. People would probably still end up with extra Charged Quartz (because I doubt anyone has made a CQ every single day and not used a single piece of it), but it would at least limit it to an extent, make sure no one has insane excesses of it. I have no idea if they’d be willing to do that or would even have the capability to do that, though.

Unacceptable Change

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

Well when someone prefaces it with “unacceptable change” rather than simply “undesirable change for some people” it’s hard to tell whether posters realize that folks have different opinions…. Just saying.

Then make exotics with them to sell or decon for ectos and darkmatter. I have no use for kitten to do with PvP, yet I have to still tolerate getting PvP kitten in my achieve chests. I don’t PvP, I demand all PvP kitten be removed from achieve chests

Unacceptable Change

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Then make exotics with them to sell or decon for ectos and darkmatter. I have no use for kitten to do with PvP, yet I have to still tolerate getting PvP kitten in my achieve chests. I don’t PvP, I demand all PvP kitten be removed from achieve chests

Oh sure I’ll waste gossamer and ectos and stuff to get less ectos and gossamer and more dark matter than I need. You can’t sell celestial armor. It isn’t worth making if you don’t want the stats. Period.

And why are you getting mad at me? I didn’t say anything other than I wish I could give the lousy crystals to people who need them. Geez.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Unacceptable Change

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Therefore, it’s halfway as this is day 2… Math! The more you know!

Math isn’t relevant behind determining if the mid way point is equidistant. Seeing as this event is more than 3 days (ie it’s up for at least a month) something patched within the first 24 hours probably indicates more of a beginning than mid way due to have far from being equidistant it is. English, the more you.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.