Upgrade extractor overpriced?

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

So yes.
The upgrade extractor.
It costs 250 gems.
If you buy gold with 250 gems you currently get 14 gold.
If you buy 250 gems with gold it costs roughly 20 gold.

Personally I don’t know of any upgrade slot item that’s worth that much money except for high tier ascended infusions.

So isn’t that a bit costly?
Or is it only meant to be worth it if you want to use it for high tier ascended infusions?

In my experience, the reason people have wanted an item like this was to not have to spend 8 gold on a sigil of bloodlust for their new weapon…
But the cost of this item doesn’t really help for that.

Or have I missed something?

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

It isn’t just you. It’s price gouging. Simple as that. If you could buy a permanent version of this upgrade, I’d probably get it (provided that it’s reasonably priced). But 250 gem, single use items is absurd. It’s approximately $3.13 per USE. This is a quality of life item that shouldn’t be in the gem store. There should be an alternate way to perform this task in the game without having to sink that much gold into an item.

Mikuchan.7261

I mean… If I had a +10 Ascended infusion and would like to get a +11 I would for sure buy it to do it… But that’s probably never going to happen for me because I will probably never need to upgrade a high lvl infusion to a higher one.

Anything other than that and it costs less to just buy a new instance of the item.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

When in pretty much every other MMO that makes extensive use of a cash shop you can buy a DLC for $10 with a lot of content compared with GW2 were $10 will net you a single use skin for $10, it’s fairly in line with their pricing model.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

No it is way over priced. As I said in another thread it should be about the price of a transmutation crystal because the only thing it is good for it preserving a skin.

Posted by: Tigerlily.3765

Tigerlily.3765

It’s only worth it for high level fractals infusions, period. Even divinity runes aren’t 20g/per, and very few skins are 20g/ per piece. It would only be worth if both pieces were expensive (like divinity runes on t3 or something), otherwise just buy a BL salvage kit and rebuy the skin or paste over the runes. This will not help with the problem of recovering upgrades.

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

No it is way over priced. As I said in another thread it should be about the price of a transmutation crystal because the only thing it is good for it preserving a skin.

Well, no. It isn’t only good for preserving a skin. If you want to remove an expensive infusion from an item, it’s potentially worth using to recover that as well. A single +10 AR infusion is almost worth the same as a full set of tier 3 cultural armor. If we’re talking about sigils and runes, however, I agree that it isn’t worth it.

(edited by Zedd.8239)

Posted by: Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

I have a traveler’s rune currently stuck in an un-salvageable item. Anyone know whether these things will remove the rune?

I’ve already tried transmuting it onto salvageable equipment. Twice.

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa
Sanctum of Rall since beta 3. Mesmer since 1070 AE

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

The pricing does seem a bit…high. Maybe it’d got something to do with the game economy, but even so you wonder why they’re making these things in the first place if there’s just nothing worth using it on? Other than the infusions of course.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Falleo.1362

Falleo.1362

I agree too expansive. No point to buying it

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

This is only useful for recovering very expensive +1x agony upgradest at this point. If they made a permanent version though that would be fantastic for replacing sigils for specific dungeons etc… I would buy that for 5k gems.

Mikuchan.7261

I have a traveler’s rune currently stuck in an un-salvageable item. Anyone know whether these things will remove the rune?

I’ve already tried transmuting it onto salvageable equipment. Twice.

This item should do the job.
But why spend 20g on using it instead of buying a new traveler rune for much less?

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Why not make it permanent? Make it 800 gems and tack on a coin for of 1 gold per extraction.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Should just be the same cost as fine transmute stones, considering they’re just as capable of extraction.

Really, this item looks like it’s 100% pinned on Ascended gear. Not surprised that they’d make such a gouge on it.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

okay off topic :

i always wonder why would anyone really bother to make +10AR infusion considering the price, since +5 on each ascended gear (accessories, armor,weapon) can already give you total at least 80AR and the highest fractal agony rating at the moment is 50 i believe….

on topic :

yeah the extractor price is very expensive in terms of gold conversion…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

okay off topic :

i always wonder why would anyone really bother to make +10AR infusion considering the price, since +5 on each ascended gear (accessories, armor,weapon) can already give you total at least 80AR and the highest fractal agony rating at the moment is 50 i believe….

on topic :

yeah the extractor price is very expensive in terms of gold conversion…..

highest current fractal lvl is 50, you need 70 agony resistance to make that 1% damage. The devs already spilled the beans of the level going higher though, they talked about fractal skin chests before the LS dropping in higher lvls only to later say they aren’t in the current levels, implying a raise in fractal level coming.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.