Why can't we do events together?

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Tarrek.7436

Tarrek.7436

What is the point of joining a guild when we can’t do events together. The snowball mayhem game, for example, as well as the inquisition game from Halloween both exclude group gameplay. This is stupid. I should be able to play a game with my friends and my guild. This is a simple fix. If I am in a group and join one of these games, a prompt should appear on my group members screens and if they decide to join they should be brought into the same instance as me. I honestly don’t know how someone could come up with the idea to exclude this from a multiplier game. It is in the most basic sense, stupid.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

What is the point of joining a guild when we can’t do events together. The snowball mayhem game, for example, as well as the inquisition game from Halloween both exclude group gameplay. This is stupid. I should be able to play a game with my friends and my guild. This is a simple fix. If I am in a group and join one of these games, a prompt should appear on my group members screens and if they decide to join they should be brought into the same instance as me. I honestly don’t know how someone could come up with the idea to exclude this from a multiplier game. It is in the most basic sense, stupid.

Because ANET believes it’s more important to keep those teams balanced, rather than let friends play together. Psh.

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

its called balance and having an unfair advantaged as an organised team – Is it really that hard to understand why they do it this way?!

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

Is it really that hard to understand why they do it this way?!

yes, it is. adding a second player organization system (similar to team arena in pvp) to all those “minigames” (of course excluding those where it makes no sense) doesn’t seem like something not doable to me.

(edited by zaced.7948)

Posted by: Tarrek.7436

Tarrek.7436

A once a year event that is unranked and awards relatively little is very little cause to force balance over the spirit of a multiplayer game. And don’t act like this is something that obviously has to happen. The fact is these events are supposed to be fun little things where the rewards are the meta achievements and the things you can spend the items from the gifts on. Everyone has the opportunity to group up or go into something solo, and you get a reward either way, so killing the point of having guilds and groups is a stupid decision. Sorry, but there is no arguing that.

Posted by: Thaladred.1406

Thaladred.1406

Would be nice to at least play the bell choir together

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

A once a year event that is unranked and awards relatively little is very little cause to force balance over the spirit of a multiplayer game. And don’t act like this is something that obviously has to happen. The fact is these events are supposed to be fun little things where the rewards are the meta achievements and the things you can spend the items from the gifts on. Everyone has the opportunity to group up or go into something solo, and you get a reward either way, so killing the point of having guilds and groups is a stupid decision. Sorry, but there is no arguing that.

You’re right ofcourse. Once a year fun little things are exactly what these mini games are. And that’s probably exactly why ANet didn’t invest tonnes of time to make an option to allow joining as a team and still keep the game balanced and fun for your opponents.

Posted by: Tarral.5862

Tarral.5862

Would be nice to at least play the bell choir together

Or be in the same jumping puzzle instance. By pure chance I was in with a guildmate the first night, and it made it more fun to jump together, laugh at each other’s misses, encourage each other past hard sections, cheer when one of us made it to the end…

And an easy solution to worrying about “stacking” a team of an activity like Snowball Mayhem – if players are partied together, they can be in the same game but might end up on different teams. So you are still able to play with friends, but you might actually be playing against them, too. Still more fun than just random strangers in the game.

I just really, really wish ArenaNet would let us do these types of things with our friends. I don’t have a lot of time to play, and when I do I want to play with my friends, but I also want to experience the holiday content, too. No good reason I can’t do both at the same time!

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Yeah, the JP and the bells really could have been party based. They’d be way more fun.

We managed to get about six of us from the same guild into Sanctum Sprint once and it was AWESOME. I actually found myself comparing it to Mario Kart and not just in the sense of “this is an incredibly poor imitation of Mario Kart”. We’d run guild events in the activities weekly if it were possible.

Posted by: xerca.6135

xerca.6135

At least you can team up for the Toypocalypse this year. Last year, you got thrown into a random group and not the party you had chosen before entering.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

At least you can team up for the Toypocalypse this year. Last year, you got thrown into a random group and not the party you had chosen before entering.

At the expense of us that don’t have guilds/groups to join. We can’t just join an ongoing match(?) anymore.
But yeah, I’m glad they don’t allow guild groups in Snow mayhem. Would totally ruin it for the other side, especially if they’re using any communication tools.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

They couldve at least let the JP remain the same; doing it with my friends was one of the best things last year….

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Posted by: Keyce.8137

Keyce.8137

The best thing you can do to play with friends is to repeatedly join and leave these places until you end up in the same server. If you’re hunting with more than just two people, designate one player at the start to stay where they are until more people appear.

Edit: I did this with Lunatic Inquisition for Halloween with two of my friends.