Why not full grenth armor?

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Hood is great, already bought and gather +-matching armor, BUT it’s still not the same thing. Why don’t add full grenth armor? It looks absolutely amazing

Attachments:

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

oh if the dervish forms came into gw2 as armor I would be so happy, that might convince me to buy gems for some of them. But then again, why do a full set of armor for 800 when you can sell just the hood for 500.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Probably because the artists cannot create it with the current engine.. Sad because it looks stunning.

Posted by: DONO.8760

DONO.8760

Probably because the artists cannot create it with the current engine.. Sad because it looks stunning.

What?? How exactly did you come to this conclusion, and where is your evidence to support it? I submit that they could easily make the full Grenth set just like they made the full Primeval set or Braham set (or ANY of the other armor sets for that matter)…with a little time and effort.

(edited by DONO.8760)

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

Maybe they’ll sell the rest later and people will end up getting a very expensive armour set. Gotta buy them all.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

Grenth doesn’t like copy cats simple as that. ….

Posted by: Shadowwaka.1952

Shadowwaka.1952

It’s nowhere near perfect, but I was bored and took a stab at it a few days ago.
http://prntscr.com/29dyt5
I do agree though, a whole set would be awesome

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

It’s nowhere near perfect, but I was bored and took a stab at it a few days ago.

nice, mine necro (can’t get deathly shoulders, none on TP)

Attachments:

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

As a professional 3D artist, I can tell you that your art is never engine-dependent (unless you’re dealing with interactive cloth and programming limitations for animated textures, etc). You’re free to create whatever your heart desires, and your only limitations are time, talent and how much you’re being paid.

OmaiGodman.2098

What armour pieces are you using?

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

Very nice, there was a split second after I first saw it that I thought I was looking at GW1 shot of a Grenth-form dervish.

Thank you for thinking of us necros on Wintersday Anet! Well, aesthetically at least, not exactly enthused about our new heal skill but that’s a different matter entirely.

Posted by: UncleWinston.5410

UncleWinston.5410

It would be nice to have the skin but making a skin set that could be used by all armor classes would be unprecedented. I think all armor classes are supposed to somewhat recognizably distinct from one another.

A fun solution to this would be to put multiple god avatar armors out:

Grenth for light
Melandru for meduim
Balthazar for light.

Later, they could bring out armors for the other three gods, though it’d be less straight forward for who would represent each armor type since Lyssa and Dwayna favored casters and Kormir didn’t really favor anyone. Lyssa would best fight light. Dwayna either light or heavy (because of guardians). Kormir could be medium though there’s no reason for it as paragons (her class in GW1), technically wore armor equivalent to warriors and guardians are considered the blending of paragons and monks.

The other solution would be to make three three distinct armors for each God, one for each armor class. That would just be cool no matter how you cut it.

Posted by: Marco.8209

Marco.8209

I already have the Hood, but i would buy the whole set if it was in the gem store!
I also liked the idea of the Guild Wars 1 costumes you could put over your armor, i wouldn’t mind if they did it in Guild Wars 2.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Costume

Irelia The Frozen || Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks [AOD] ~ [DKB]
http://www.twitch.tv/marcovd226

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I decided to “mix ‘n’ match” armors

(LIGHT ARMOR ONLY!)

Tada!! On the bottom left.

Also, I found that several body (tunics) work to match Grenth!
Happy Wintersday!

• horrible dyes I know, but my sPvP gear has a different dye scheme….

Attachments:

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

They should have made a unique god armor for each temple to have a reason to keep running Orr.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

This armor is already available in game if you are a scholar : https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/56cc401-Holiday-Helms-275x290.jpg

(Yep, in game version doesn’t look as nice as the concept art, but hey it’s not the first time and it won’t be the last).

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Because if they can sell you a helmet for 500 gems, why would they take the time to make the whole armor just to sell it 800 gems?

A Massive Headache.1879

This armor is already available in game if you are a scholar : https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/56cc401-Holiday-Helms-275x290.jpg

(Yep, in game version doesn’t look as nice as the concept art, but hey it’s not the first time and it won’t be the last).

That second armor is just arah armor, i don’t get it.

Or are you saying that that armor is also not as good as it’s concept art? Because the first armor is avatar of grenth, not gw2 concept art.

(edited by A Massive Headache.1879)

Zanshin.5379

Yes, he’s saying that what you get in-game is rarely as good looking as the concept arts.

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

The same reason they didn’t release full outfits for other skins, something to sell later for the same price.

#ELEtism

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

That second armor is just arah armor, i don’t get it.

Or are you saying that that armor is also not as good as it’s concept art? Because the first armor is avatar of grenth, not gw2 concept art.

He was pointing out that the “avatar of grenth” is actually all armor in the game currently (well on the 10th, the feet are the light ascended armor) the shirt and pants are trickster, the shoulders are from last year halloween, etc. When you assemble all that in game though it isn’t as good as the fully rendered image though is what the poster was getting at.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Frog.8217

Frog.8217

Anet will profit more by releasing 1 piece at a time

Kalevala – Far Shiver Peaks

RedStar.4218

Zanshin and Protavis got it.

I’m not the one who assembled all those armor pieces to create something that looks alike the Grenth concept armor. It’s on the promotion page for the winsterday gem store. It’s basically Anet’s way of telling us “if you want to look like the concept art, here is what you need”.
So the chances of having the full armor in the gemstore for medium and heavy classes are incredibly slim.

A Massive Headache.1879

that’s a very very very shoddy replication of it as, that’s really not it. I mean http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Avatar_of_grenth
you can see it’s multiple skulls on the shoulder, the legs and gloves have mouths. It’s still not really close enough to call it a look alike

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

As a professional 3D artist, I can tell you that your art is never engine-dependent (unless you’re dealing with interactive cloth and programming limitations for animated textures, etc). You’re free to create whatever your heart desires, and your only limitations are time, talent and how much you’re being paid.

The last two things you said are probably a large factor here

OmaiGodman.2098

The talent and how much they’re being paid? I doubt it, I’m pretty sure it’s time.

Posted by: Winzzy.9435

Winzzy.9435

why do a full set of armor for 800 when you can sell just the hood for 500.

And that ladies and gentlemen is the answer… The return is far greater on a single piece for the time invested. The Grenth hood is cool enough that many people will buy it at an inflated price, as a single piece.

Posted by: Askarian.7924

Askarian.7924

Thats my Necromancer
I want to buy the Coat from the Arah-Armor “Corrupted Orrian Vestments”, it would look kitten ed nice on my Necro ^^
The Leggings are “Flame Legion Legguards”
Shoulder and Gloves are " Tactical Armor" from Fireheart Rise

If there were longer Gloves i would have bought the Flame-Legion Coat (i hate those Flames on the upper arms.

Attachments:

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Like others have said. 6 pieces at 500 gems or a whole set for 800. I’m just envisioning a pac man eating the dots. nom nom nom.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Posted by: CountzuCrytus.7256

CountzuCrytus.7256

Thats my Necromancer
I want to buy the Coat from the Arah-Armor “Corrupted Orrian Vestments”, it would look kitten ed nice on my Necro ^^
The Leggings are “Flame Legion Legguards”
Shoulder and Gloves are " Tactical Armor" from Fireheart Rise

If there were longer Gloves i would have bought the Flame-Legion Coat (i hate those Flames on the upper arms.

Agreed Same here, the way the hood looks with the flame armor is amazing, its just the burning skin that doesnt look nice.
But i did my own take on the armor myself as well and il post screenshots later today(at work ATM)

CountzuCrytus.7256

As promised heres what my guy looks like atm. The preview pic is what i plan on doing with the Grenth look

Attachments:

RedStar.4218

that’s a very very very shoddy replication of it as, that’s really not it. I mean http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Avatar_of_grenth
you can see it’s multiple skulls on the shoulder, the legs and gloves have mouths. It’s still not really close enough to call it a look alike

Well personally, I find it as close as the orrian light armor and its concept art (It’s sad how such a beautiful armor got ruined by the accumulation of small changes).
Once again, this isn’t my suggestion at Grenth’s armor. It’s Anet’s.

A Massive Headache.1879

Other than the females armors chest being exposed, really chest has differences, and there not being the bones and skeletal stuff, I can’t really see much difference between concept art and execution.

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Too explain WHY we don’t have a full set yet. The devs have strict time constraints and a very tight content schedule. They need this done by the next LS then INSTANTLY they are going to have to work on the next set. This includes your artists. Give them time i’m sure we’ll see alot of god armor as the devs get the alloted free time to make it by the higher ups.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Eh it isn’t perfect but I think it’s close for heavy classes (and keeping with spirit of the Dervish). I think the Grenth Avatar looked more “regal” in a sense with the gilded cloth and all that. My version may be more “Nurgle” or something like that but…close nonetheless.

Attachments:

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

They would have to make the skins for every race/gender its easier to make 1 piece especially gloves/back piece/etc

Posted by: Kolwin.4950

Kolwin.4950

pauldrons and guantlets are different but those are the arrah leggins

Attachments:

CountzuCrytus.7256

pauldrons and guantlets are different but those are the arrah leggins

That looks pretty sick, the phalanx Chest piece and the hood go much nicer together than i thought they would. Kind of gives off a Final Fantasy Vibe.

Zanshin.5379

Too explain WHY we don’t have a full set yet. The devs have strict time constraints and a very tight content schedule. They need this done by the next LS then INSTANTLY they are going to have to work on the next set. This includes your artists. Give them time i’m sure we’ll see alot of god armor as the devs get the alloted free time to make it by the higher ups.

Then why not sell it 1/6 of the price of a full armor (134 gems)?

For me, it was probably a test to see if people would buy a single piece for 500 gems. So prepare to see more single pieces in the gemstore in the future.

Posted by: Kolwin.4950

Kolwin.4950

updated my grenth look. also have the predator in the last pic

Attachments: