Why was Wintersday JP changed?

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Any one know why the Wintersday JP was changed from last year’s format to this year’s PvP format?

While the Halloween JP last year had everyone starting at the same location creating issues with seeing your own character, they pretty much fixed that with the Wintersday JP by having different start points.

Last year’s format did force people to wait at the starting platform, but I don’t recall the wait being so long — plus, it really created a sense of community .. everyone doing the JP together. Now, while you can go whenever you want, everyone is basically playing by themselves.

(btw: search is broken, couldn’t find a thread with similar topic.)

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

Any one know why the Wintersday JP was changed from last year’s format to this year’s PvP format?

While the Halloween JP last year had everyone starting at the same location creating issues with seeing your own character, they pretty much fixed that with the Wintersday JP by having different start points.

Last year’s format did force people to wait at the starting platform, but I don’t recall the wait being so long — plus, it really created a sense of community .. everyone doing the JP together. Now, while you can go whenever you want, everyone is basically playing by themselves.

(btw: search is broken, couldn’t find a thread with similar topic.)

My guess is someone important complained about the JP so they had to “fix” it. only logical thing left because I don’t recall there being a large flood of complaints last year about it that would trigger such a change.

I still think it has it’s community aspect. Its just no longer 10+ trying at once now. My biggest grief is the fact that instead of being chased by the breaking snowflakes I’m now the one chasing after them. Nothing ruins a JP like having to actually wait for the path to finish forming.

#ELEtism

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

I do miss pelting people with snowballs in the waiting area, and playing with friends is harder now. But I like it more than Clocktower.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /