Will Toypocalypse Allow Groups?

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Outlaw.3421

Outlaw.3421

Q:

Can you now play Toypocalypse with friends / groups like a dungeon instance?

One thing that I know triggered a lot of discussion last year was the fact that Toypocalypse was a PvP mini game (PvP in the sense it changed your armor to the sPvP armor and sPvP levels). You were not able to bring friends in with you. This was mainly brought up because the rest of the Wintersday event did allow you to bring in your friends.

It’s not really a big deal for me as I was able to do it before, but some did not play Toypocalypse because they could not go in with their own groups.

Apologies if this was brought up before because I did not see it

(edited by Outlaw.3421)

Outlaw.3421

A:

The end of the twitch stream about Wintersday today (12/9) confirmed that you will be able to go into Toypocalypse as a group

Posted by: Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

you can have a group of friends and guildies in airship
you can do it like guild missions and jumping puzzles or dungeons
jut lfg or lfm or lfp somebody might join in

(edited by Sonja Teh Trapper.7012)

Outlaw.3421

you can have a group of friends and guildies in airship
you can do it like guild missions and jumping puzzles or dungeons
jut lfg or lfm or lfp somebody might join in

In the normal instances you can have a group of friends and guildies in the airship. Those were the missions where you get all of the toy frames. I am not talking about that.

Toypocalypse was different as it was a PvP mini game. Sure, you can try to time it right with your friends and get in the same instance, but there was no guarantee of that. It throws you in with random players so the LFG, LFM, LFP tactic doesn’t work here

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

Toypocalypse wasn’t PvP unless there was a way to play as the rampaging toys that I was unaware of. o.O

At any rate I do agree that not being able to enter the same instance of it as your friends was rather annoying, fortunately the game itself was lots of fun and I look forward to playing it again regardless.

Outlaw.3421

Toypocalypse wasn’t PvP unless there was a way to play as the rampaging toys that I was unaware of. o.O

I should clarify that. When I mean PvP in this: it converts you to PvP armor, the PvP leveling bar at the bottom, like the Clocktower from Halloween.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I don’t think any one knows and are as clueless as the two other posters in this thread. We’ll find out in 3 days.

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

I sure hope so. If you can’t play with friends I hope you can at least still do the JP with your friends, unlike the Mad King’s clocktower.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Posted by: Kioshi.6597

Kioshi.6597

Yes it does, they just confirmed on lifestream.