in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Gaviston Hawkington.9647

Gaviston Hawkington.9647

what are the differences?

Wintersday '12 vs '13

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

Not much thank goodness, all the fun events are here.

Wintersday '12 vs '13

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

None I know of so far.

I do hope they have plans to introduce wintersday style mining pics, logging axes, and harvest sickles. Been holding off buying what’s been introduced so far in hopes they bring some for wintersday.

Wintersday '12 vs '13

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

If it’s like Halloween (and it appears to be): same stuff, with absolutely none of the returning awards (i.e. for halloween you couldn’t redo that meta and get the rewards). The end meta result is one of the mini’s from LAST year (at least you get to pick and its not RNG?)

At least if its the exact same content, which it appears to be, they have fewer excuses for a buggy release?

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

Wintersday '12 vs '13

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

Its going to last 6 weeks this year instead of 3 weeks. Maybe they have a few surprises left in store for us?

Wintersday '12 vs '13

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Oh dear, I hope the dreaded toypocalypse achievements aren’t returning.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Wintersday '12 vs '13

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Scarlet

Wintersday '12 vs '13

Posted by: Dark Adonis.5096

Dark Adonis.5096

are you guys seriously giving us the same old crap AGAIN?!? .. i was so excited for halloween and very let down that you just reused last years boring crap… no wonder you guys are losing players like crazy

Wintersday '12 vs '13

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Just like last year, only with new gemshop items and more bugs.

Wintersday '12 vs '13

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

They are doing with wintersday what they should of done with halloween:

Bring back everything from last year and add on top of it with new content.
We get the jp, the festive pvp, the bell choir, the ugly wool items, plus they are adding a meta achievement so people can get a mini if they missed out on some last year(which I did), and an attempt to finish the ones we have frames left for plus we can get new minis from the gem store and even make those minis into an exclusive mini.

doubt the quaggan mini is coming back though :/

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

Wintersday '12 vs '13

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

I missed out on Wintersday last year, (technical difficulties), so I am glad they kept it the same. It’s like I didn’t really miss anything, because I have the chance to do it all now.

And if Sc*rlet shows up, I’m stuffing her in a snow globe until she suffocates.

I should be writing.

Wintersday '12 vs '13

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Its going to last 6 weeks this year instead of 3 weeks. Maybe they have a few surprises left in store for us?

I noticed this also.

6 weeks.

6 long weeks…..

Wintersday '12 vs '13

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

I’m afraid that means there are at least two times when Scarlet can make her appereance, at the two and at the four week milestone.
Honestly, I don’t dislike her that much. And I know that she’s supposed to be the LS primary villain, but I vote for her to take a holiday break.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Wintersday '12 vs '13

Posted by: Alfador.7649

Alfador.7649

Scarlet shows up and it turns out she created Wintersday as a plan to subvert all the races of Tyria. She summons Jormag’s minions (because of course they’re working with her too) to Lions Arch via her secret agent Toymaker Tixx and the players conveniently drive back her assault just in time to enjoy the end of the holiday.

Wintersday '12 vs '13

Posted by: DeTechTive.9251

DeTechTive.9251

I honestly do like that certain rewards do not come back as this makes them more of a historical ‘been here this long’ type of thing. Achievements coming back is something that should not even be a question however. And in lieu of those old rewards, aka the halloween book back items, they should just add new different ones each year to differentiate them. I like to see the same events and games and JP’s return as well. Although I will never complain if new ones are added in ‘addition’ to the old ones.

Wintersday '12 vs '13

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

If it’s like Halloween (and it appears to be): same stuff, with absolutely none of the returning awards (i.e. for halloween you couldn’t redo that meta and get the rewards). The end meta result is one of the mini’s from LAST year (at least you get to pick and its not RNG?)

At least if its the exact same content, which it appears to be, they have fewer excuses for a buggy release?

Halloween while is was some of the same stuff, it wasn’t the same stuff. Sever things were taken out, for now reason what so ever.

The only thing I can possibly see different this year for wintersday, is the different instances for the cities. They didn’t really mention those anywhere in the release page. Hopefully they’re still there, with some kind of new one(s) added.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Wintersday '12 vs '13

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

Nothing new/exciting.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Wintersday '12 vs '13

Posted by: Kaisukii.7809

Kaisukii.7809

What’s the difference?

2012 Wintersday you could buy the Christmas Weapon skins from the Gem Store.

2013 Wintersday you cant.

Wintersday '12 vs '13

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

People complained about Halloween that it wasnt the same as last year.

People complain that Wintersday is the same as last year.

People complain. End of story.

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

Wintersday '12 vs '13

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

oh em gee… this means more of those incredibly scary dolls running around…

Wintersday '12 vs '13

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Hmm, there’s no mention of the mysterious presents (the open world presents that spawned the evil toy enemies) either on the release page. Are those supposed to be returning as well?
Magic snow as well, but thats probably going to be like the pumpkins in Halloween, which were only need in daily achievements.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Wintersday '12 vs '13

Posted by: CorneliusCoffin.3169

CorneliusCoffin.3169

are you guys seriously giving us the same old crap AGAIN?!? .. i was so excited for halloween and very let down that you just reused last years boring crap… no wonder you guys are losing players like crazy

In all fairness, though, this has been announced a while ago. They are bringing back all the holiday events so that the creative staff can go on an extended vacation focus their energy on bigger Living Story content. I just hope we’ll get to see some of that stuff next year, because so far all the LS updates were of the same scale or smaller than the content that was put out last year when Wintersday and Halloween were still new.

(edited by CorneliusCoffin.3169)

Wintersday '12 vs '13

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

People complained about Halloween that it wasnt the same as last year.

People complain that Wintersday is the same as last year.

People complain. End of story.

To be fair, Halloween was pretty kitten this year.