Wintersday - A Real Disappointment

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Thugem Chi.6189

Thugem Chi.6189

I was really pumped for Wintersday (I remember it from GW and liked the holiday spirit) but must admit this is a real disappointment for GW2. It is nothing but monotonous events that are geared towards hardcore gamers with pro dexterity skills on the keyboard or a PvP or zerg fest. Where are the solo quests that players can enjoy? I remember the reindeer quests in GW that was really nice and gave the game a real holiday spirit. I see very little holiday spirit in this event, just repetition and frustration of doing things over and over and over and over and over. The game is already filled with enough monotony (slowed, crippled, stunned, slowed, crippled, stunned or zerg champ after champ after champ)….don’t add more monotony to the game. The JPS are just ridiculous (near impossible) and just not fun unless you are a finger pro or want to waste so much time and still possibly not get there. This is supposed to be a time of fun and holiday spirit, not a time of continual frustration and aggravation and little to actually enjoy except jumping over and over or being in some group zerg fest over and over. Anet really doesn’t have the casual or fun gamer in mind any more, at least that is the way it seems, or those that want to adventure and enjoy the game.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Theres a solo instance for Nightmare Ends.
There’s a PvP mini game for people who liked beating each other up
There’s a PvP mini game for people who don’t like fighting but likes to play against other players
There a PvE mini game for people who likes to work together (and likes tower defence games)
There’s a PvE solo/group activity for people who just likes to smash stuff

….. What else do you want?

However, having said that, I do have to complain that the rewards for everything just sucks. There’s nothing desirable to buy with ugly x and the droprate for anything desirable is so abysmal that they may as well not be there.

Posted by: grumbles.5412

grumbles.5412

Hey a block of text.

Anyways I think a majority of people have come to the conclusion that Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 are not the same thing. Therefor pretty much don’t play the same way or do the same things.

This Wintersday is effectively same as last year’s Wintersday with the exception that there was no roll out of toys/content paths and some of the activities have been adjusted. It sounds like you have more of an issue with the game than with this release; since everything you mentioned is actually nothing new.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet