Wintersday Achievements stuck at 17/20

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

I have completed all the achievements, but they are stuck at 17/20.

Posted by: Spendingallmytime.7249

Spendingallmytime.7249

Do the Wintersday daily to finish it off, gurl.

Why you bein’ cute?

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

This seems to be a new theme with LS content. They’re only going to spell out 90% of the achievements and leave the rest to be finished out by the appropriately themed daily achievements.

Welcome to a new level of time gating.

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

That is not a bad thing. What ArenaNet wants to avoid is certain people having a 17-hour gaming session immediately after an update, in which they complete all new content in one go. The next day, these people start whining on the forums that “we want more new content”.

Players are encouraged to take their time at the new content, instead of compulsively rushing through towards the rewards (and never stopping to actually enjoy their play experience).

Besides, I find the accusation of “a new level of time gating” a vast exaggeration, given that it only takes 5 minutes in 3 additional days to finish a meta-achievement.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Besides, I find the accusation of “a new level of time gating” a vast exaggeration, given that it only takes 5 minutes in 3 additional days to finish a meta-achievement.

What is there to exaggerate? That’s the definition of time-gating.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

This seems to be a new theme with LS content. They’re only going to spell out 90% of the achievements and leave the rest to be finished out by the appropriately themed daily achievements.

90%?

If we assume that some people simply cant finish certain achievement (for me, choir is impossible. It just is. I have the musical sense of a wet sponge), then the daily achievements is more than 50% of required achievements.

So if you havent done them yet… Better get to it. Or you loose the finishing achievement.

I dont mind having lots of achievements (20+) but it should be “complete” at a far lower threshold.

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

90%?

If we assume that some people simply cant finish certain achievement (for me, choir is impossible. It just is. I have the musical sense of a wet sponge), then the daily achievements is more than 50% of required achievements.

So if you havent done them yet… Better get to it. Or you loose the finishing achievement.

I dont mind having lots of achievements (20+) but it should be “complete” at a far lower threshold.

Choir is like, 2 achievements? Hit some poor Skritt with snowballs instead or whatever the daily is for the WHOLE MONTH the achievement category is here.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

What is there to exaggerate? That’s the definition of time-gating.

Yeah, but I wouldnt really call it a new level.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Oh come on, it is here for another 23 days, I am sure appropriate and easy dailies are not hard to find.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I really wish A-net would move the extra dailies that are needed, under the appropriate section in the Achievement panel. Having to sift through all the dailies in the Daily section is ridiculous.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

No need to sift, just do a fast scroll down to the Wintersday symbol. Takes under 2 seconds once you are in the panel.