Wintersday repeat

Wintersday repeat

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

I was disappointed with The whole Wintersday Event so far. And Halloween to some extent. But Halloween is a bit better because of the PvE arena which is sadly lacking in the Wintersday Event. Instead it goes back to the boring old 5 man instance.

I do enjoy the Yak Event except you have to pay for it. But you do get some nice presents.

But for the most part with these repeat events that’s what they are REPEATS. You need to build on last years event and add more to this years event. Not just add follow the yak. You seem to remove as much as you add at present. If you did all the mini’s last year you only take the deluxe Wintersday gift with 100 giant gifts in it. There is nothing special for this year.

You need to work on the idea of this is what we did this last year so how do we make it bigger and better. Instead of working on the idea that, Ok, Wintersday and Halloween are done we did most of it last year so let’s add 5 cents worth of content and move along to January 21st.

We just expect better than that from you. Also, as someone who actually buys a lot of gems. A lot of gems. I expect more of you. This game probably costs me 10 times what my monthly cost to another game is. 8000 gems is 100 dollars. A yearly subscription to the main competition was running me about 120 dollars a year.

Wintersday repeat

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

A few months ago, they talked about repeat events and how they would use them as just that. The main content is already there so it gives them time to work on bigger projects.

According to the recent living story update, which I expect to be an exaggeration, the finale of the Scarlet arc is supposed to be big. What it basically comes down to is, would you rather have them spend a few months to improve Wintersday, improve the living story, or work on expansion-esque content. (they chose the last two)

Wintersday repeat

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Maybe I’m in the minority but based on how festival events worked in GW1 and what I’ve heard about other MMOs I expected it to be exactly the same as last year.

I was disappointed that they removed some things, like the ability to make the minis in the Mystic Forge, but the fact that they added anything was a nice surprise, I assumed it’d be all the same stuff we got last year.

As it is I assume they’re experimenting with a few different ideas after a year or two these events will settle down and become straight repeats of previous content.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Wintersday repeat

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Someone’s going to be angry when next year, we see the same old Dragon Bash, the same old Queen’s Gauntlet, and the same old Bazaar of the Four Winds.

Wintersday repeat

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Someone’s going to be angry when next year, we see the same old Dragon Bash, the same old Queen’s Gauntlet, and the same old Bazaar of the Four Winds.

And yet other people that didn’t get to experience them the first time around will be angry if they’re too different as well (see the complain threads on the halloween event).

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Wintersday repeat

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

And yet other people that didn’t get to experience them the first time around will be angry if they’re too different as well (see the complain threads on the halloween event).

It seems like the best solution is to keep the old stuff in and add more new stuff as well each year. This is how it has been done in many MMOs over the years.