Wrecking ball: can be solo'd?

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

I remember seeing somewhere people saying they solo’d the achievement(can’t find the topic and search can’t find it either). So, ammm, is it possible(still) and if yes, how?

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

Yeah it can be but it takes a lot of time.

Actually the whole story instance of Toxx’s dungeon can be soloed depending on which scenarios you get (taking back the doll village is pretty hard to solo but the others are pretty easy, just time consuming)

In any case, either solo the story instance and then go around an wreck everything or wait for one of the scenarios that can’t fail (like one of the collection scenarios or the paint the dolls scenario) and wreck everything before completing the scenario.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Just be very methodical and equip something with a wide swing arc.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: SvenVolfeid.3295

SvenVolfeid.3295

If all you need to do is complete wrecking ball you don’t even need to pick a “path” or complete the dungeon, just destroy everything and the achievement will pop then you can leave, plus this way there are no mobs chasing you around while you try to smash everything

The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

I suggest an engineer with a flame thrower. Even if you just create one with a spare character slot it makes for an effective way to clear away all those cute little homes, villages, and trees.

Posted by: Holion.5604

Holion.5604

i soled it on my guardian while wielding a staff

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

i did as necro with dagger and plague

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

TWMagimay.9057

O.O When I enter it, I end up with no weapons equipped and some toy related weapons lying on the floor… Did I miss the actual entrance or something?

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

It can be soloed, just ask Miley!

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

O.O When I enter it, I end up with no weapons equipped and some toy related weapons lying on the floor… Did I miss the actual entrance or something?

You’re entering Toypocalypse, go to the “other” one; I forget its exact name but it isn’t bell choir, winter wonderland or snowball mayhem.

TWMagimay.9057

You’re entering Toypocalypse, go to the “other” one; I forget its exact name but it isn’t bell choir, winter wonderland or snowball mayhem.

Where is the entrance? I looked around, but didn’t see anything else.

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

It’s the Infinirarium. In LA it’s to the west of the Toypocalypse soldier. You have to step onto the peppermint portal on the ground. You can see it in this pic.

Attachments:

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

I just jumped on top of that wrecking ball naked and swung like a champion. I sang my heart out too while I did it.

Ehh.. ehh.. anyone?

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Someone gives a kitten about this particular achievement :-D

(turn volume down a bit :-P)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnvrojsGLNM

See what I did there.

On topic… sorry I don’t know :-/ the only way I got my wintersday meta achievement was through a few donations to the npc’s and 16 or so from dailies because I couldn’t do the jumping puzzle, or be bothered going with randoms to do the Tox thing or the Wrecking Ball thing or the Choir Bell thing.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)