better not be a repeat of Halloween!

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: tim.1280

tim.1280

This for me was the most memorable event in GW2 so far! If it’s bad I’m out. Jus sayin

Posted by: Wesley.4590

Wesley.4590

I wouldn’t expect a repeat of Halloween, but I would definitely expect a repeat of last years Wintersday :P

But seriously though, you actually liked Wintersday more than Halloween in 2012? I was rather disappointed with the Wintersday content in terms of how enjoyable it was over time. The JP was way easier and the content stayed pretty much the same during the patch, where Halloween 2012’s content really evolved over time. Also Halloween was more rewarding, so ppl were actively farming the content but in Wintersday the content just wasn’t really worth repeating after a few times anymore.
The content itself was fun in general, but the combination of the patch being live way too long and the content not being worth repeating was pretty boring.

EDIT: However it could still be that they have some cool surprises left for us. The patch will be running for six weeks which is double the time of Wintersday 2012. Last year I know that more ppl were complaining about there being too less durable content to fill those three weeks, I can’t really imagine them knowing that and still decide to add (basically) nothing and double the duration. Then again, we just left the disappointment of Halloween behind us so who knows any more

(edited by Wesley.4590)

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Wintersday was my favorite event- from what I understand instead of leaving it as it was- it will now be different.

Doesn’t sound like Tixx will be going to all the cities.
I want my snow patches

I have a horrible feeling that instead of just good lighthearted fun it will turn into just another farm this farm that meta that no one will do in 3 days.
I am a disappoint and it is not even out yet- I was looking forward to this all year

Gunnar’s Hold