other ways of getting quartz crystals?

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Little.1635

Little.1635

Seriously there should be other ways to obtain it rather than wait 8-9 days just to have enough to make ONE charged quartz not to mention it being account bound and craft-able once per day. Not to mention it takes 42 days mining that node in your home instance just to make 1 exotic inscription.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

There is a reason why it is tradeble.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Anasurimbor.5763

Anasurimbor.5763

Guess you can’t fault lack of foresight. Mine that node daily and charge too, been doing it for sometime.

Not like they surprised you with ascended armor, the party line’s been that it’s sometime 2013. it’s the end of 2013.

Borlis Pass

Swedgin [FFT] – Norn Guard

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Seriously there should be other ways to obtain it rather than wait 8-9 days just to have enough to make ONE charged quartz not to mention it being account bound and craft-able once per day. Not to mention it takes 42 days mining that node in your home instance just to make 1 exotic inscription.

few silver each on the tp right now… no need to wait days to charge 1 quartz

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If you have the node, you should have more than enough. When exotic celestial gear was first introduced, it was already outdated considering they announced ascended gear shortly after. Either quartz was going to be worthless or used for something else later. When ascended weapons were announced and revealed to use exotic inscriptions, that confirmed that use of quartz. They gave a fairly early warning to stock up.

If you do not wish to buy it, the next source of quartz will be within the next 6 months when the Zephyr Sanctum makes a return.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I hope they add gathering nodes to maps if qc are required mats for any ascended gear.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Roymahboy.9318

Roymahboy.9318

I’m thinking that they might add more quartz crystal nodes back when Bazaar of the Four Winds comes back, but other than that your only current way will be the tp

Posted by: OrianZeta.1537

OrianZeta.1537

If you do not wish to buy it, the next source of quartz will be within the next 6 months when the Zephyr Sanctum makes a return.

You say that like people have a problem with, or don’t acknowledge the act of buying quartz as a viable option. Everyone knows it is; not everyone can nor should sustain 4.25g per recipe just on quartz alone.

None of this was a problem when there was a supply; that has since been completely ransacked. And I love how people say there was “fair warning”; neither has everyone been around long enough to get that message nor does everyone have a quartz node in their home instance.

It’s ok to admit when a process is poorly designed, and in this case it totally is. The frustration, as much as can be spent on the issues that arose, extends to those whom, for whatever reason, don’t see a problem.

At the very least, whatever intention there was to limit production of Celestial items should be lifted and quartz made more accessible. For starters, every player should have the opportunity to put a quartz node in their home even outside this silly living story sequence. It’s completely unfair to people who either missed it or didn’t arrive in GW2 until after the opportunity passed. We’re not talking about some uber-exclusive reward here, like a skin. Item nomenclature doesn’t deserve this ridiculous supply and time-gated choke, at least not anymore.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

at least you have the node…

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Don’t support the tp flippers. Quarts was under 50 copper before the insider leaks and speculation made people buy up all the cheap quartz and resell it at 1000%+ profit.

My only hope is that quartz isn’t involved at all and those people will have lost all their ill-will potential gains.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Posted by: OtakuDFifty.2965

OtakuDFifty.2965

Don’t support the tp flippers. Quarts was under 50 copper before the insider leaks and speculation made people buy up all the cheap quartz and resell it at 1000%+ profit.

My only hope is that quartz isn’t involved at all and those people will have lost all their ill-will potential gains.

Or, y’know, people saw quartz becoming more expensive due to a massive decrease in the amount of available nodes coming a mile away and stockpiled all the easy quartz while they could.

Posted by: Solus.3926

Solus.3926

I never got the chance to get a “home-instance node”, I bought the game after that ‘event’ … and I won’t be buying off the TP

At least the game was properly priced for what it offers.

I am the menace. The one whose will is done. The haunting chill upon your neck. I am the Conundrum.

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Or, y’know, people saw quartz becoming more expensive due to a massive decrease in the amount of available nodes coming a mile away and stockpiled all the easy quartz while they could.

That’s what I did. The crystals were only really available in bulk during the event, and I knew that the supply was going to dry up after it was over. So with whatever limited funds I had, I bought about 50-75 stacks of them, and I stuck them in the bank for when the price rose.

What I bought for about 1g per stack now sells for about 8g+.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Here’s the deal: We have known about Ascended Armor for forever now. I have made a set of Celestial armor for my Ele (Exotic) and a weapon for my Guardian and I have 90 Charged in my bank for when this update happens. That’s 3 months worth that takes all of 10 seconds to charge everyday.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

You say that like people have a problem with, or don’t acknowledge the act of buying quartz as a viable option. Everyone knows it is; not everyone can nor should sustain 4.25g per recipe just on quartz alone.

None of this was a problem when there was a supply; that has since been completely ransacked. And I love how people say there was “fair warning”; neither has everyone been around long enough to get that message nor does everyone have a quartz node in their home instance.

It’s ok to admit when a process is poorly designed, and in this case it totally is. The frustration, as much as can be spent on the issues that arose, extends to those whom, for whatever reason, don’t see a problem.

At the very least, whatever intention there was to limit production of Celestial items should be lifted and quartz made more accessible. For starters, every player should have the opportunity to put a quartz node in their home even outside this silly living story sequence. It’s completely unfair to people who either missed it or didn’t arrive in GW2 until after the opportunity passed. We’re not talking about some uber-exclusive reward here, like a skin. Item nomenclature doesn’t deserve this ridiculous supply and time-gated choke, at least not anymore.

Your fairness argument is invalid. If you bought the game too late, that’s too bad. Not everything can, nor should it have to be, fair all the time.

Having said that, I agree with you. This time gating of celestial is silly and poorly implemented. The least anet could do is post about this explaining why they think it’s a good idea to time gate one set of armor completely different than the rest. I would love to hear their logic and that’s coming from someone who doesn’t even want celestial armor. What they should really do is make the charged quartz tradable so the people who have them and will never use them can sell them to the people who can use them. Such a simple solution.

Posted by: mcjason.6123

mcjason.6123

I have a hard time believing that anet would add crafted armor in to the game, with a requirement for an item that isn’t able to be acquired naturally, somewhere within the game. Especially with the whole “migration” push, anet should expect an influx of new players, and I doubt they would be so exclusionary with the required materials.

I know these things can be purchased on the BLTC, and I know that (if you had the game, and were able to complete the living story requirements) players were gifted a home base node to harvest, but the guys and gals at anet are smart enough to know that those who didn’t get it during the Four Winds event will be relegated to buying from the TP, at the (lack of) mercy to those who did get it. That situation, given the fact that it is a rare, controlled material, has a potentially high requirement for each piece of gear, may be used for each of the 3 crafted armor classes, and is already time-gated, could cause the prices on the TP to get stupidly high, incredibly quickly. This would be enough of a similarity in elite gear being a breaking point, as it is in so many other MMOs, that the new players could/would be turned off immediately.

I’ve seen too much common sense, thoughtfulness and adaptability from the devs, to believe that this is a possible situation. They’ve given me every reason to have faith in them.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

A few notes:

Zephyr Sanctum is a returning event, so quartz will be available again, maybe even the home node (though expect it to cost something unreasonable like 25k quartz, because that’s what they’ve been doing).

Quartz will not be used in general ascended gear. Quartz is used to make celestial exotic inscriptions which is used to make ascended celestial inscriptions. This is already known because of ascended weapons. They’re not going to change up the recipes just for the armor.

The least anet could do is post about this explaining why they think it’s a good idea to time gate one set of armor completely different than the rest.

Because if they could go back in time, every exotic set would be time gated. This time gate further time gates ascended celestial however.

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

The least anet could do is post about this explaining why they think it’s a good idea to time gate one set of armor completely different than the rest.

Because if they could go back in time, every exotic set would be time gated. This time gate further time gates ascended celestial however.

But we aren’t back in time and that hasn’t changed. So, making it so only one set of armor is so heavily time gated as opposed to zero time gating on anything else, just makes no sense. It’s like they are trying to punish players for some mistake they made.