ruined one of your only good events for me.

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Zevilo.9304

Zevilo.9304

same, 3k+ gifts and I got 2 grenths and no dwayna. If it was tradable then I would have bought it already and not have to deal with this constant clicking.

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

Getting a precursor as a drop is essentially winning the lottery in this game. It’s so rare that it’s hard to use that as an indicator of anything except extreme good luck. But I definitely understand how that added insult to injury after opening that many gifts. And that sucks. I’ve been there. :-/

Which gifts in particular have you been opening? The giant ones? I managed to get 3 recipes after opening about 400 of the giant gifts (2 Grenth and 1 Dwayna). I should also point out that at the moment, the Shadow of Grenth recipe is tradeable and can be bought on the TP. Whether this is intentional or not, I have no idea.*

If you want both of them this could potentially save you a bit of a headache. If you want Light of Dwayna, which is account bound, then you’re out of luck and will have to keep playing the RNG game, unfortunately.

* Note that this is simply the way the item behaves. There is NO exploit involved here and in no way am I endorsing cheating of any kind. It’s unclear if this is a bug or if it’s intended behavior.

Zevilo.9304

I only opened giant ones. Im on 4k gifts now. 3 grenths total, still no dwayna.

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

Wow. That’s just really bad luck. I’m sorry to hear that.

Posted by: eva lin mcdowl.3978

eva lin mcdowl.3978

So wait Shadow of Grenth is tradeable, but Light of Dwayna is not?

Zevilo.9304

yes, shadow of grenth is so common right now it costs 50~60 silver

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Grenth is but I think it was a boo-boo on anets part and wouldn’t be surprised if it’s patched.

I just opened 800ish and got 3 dwayna recipes and 1 grenth (so I just bought two more for each armor class).

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Zevilo.9304

:c
Why cant I get dwayna?

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

i got three dwayna and 1 grenth.

MERRY XMAS

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

Sry to hear :/ I opened 200 bags (glory bought) and found both recipes … Hope you have more luck next days

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

Zevilo.9304

Pls anet make it tradeable already.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Wow. That’s just really bad luck. I’m sorry to hear that.

No, its not bad luck. It seems to be a pretty common outcome. Getting it with fewer than 1,000 tries is the unusual occurrence…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Sander.8516

Sander.8516

What’s the point of this thread man, seriously… You’ll receive a crapton of these gifts by just simply playing the game. And if you’re too lazy for that, just buy them off TP, they’re pretty cheap. I received both recipe’s after opening +/- 1k gifts.

Zevilo.9304

cant you read. I opened 4k already, jeez.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I just opened about 1200 giant gifts and got 3 grenths and 1 dwayna.

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

Are the complete items dropping from the boxes, or just the recipes?

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

Protoavis.9107

cant you read. I opened 4k already, jeez.

It’s also only the first day of the event, do the various meta’s and see what happens. The rage just seems a little early with the event being around for quite a bit of time yet.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Sander.8516

Sander.8516

4k is quite a bit, but if you like the backpiece that much. Why cry about it on the forums, instead of opening more gifts until you get it? If you buy 4k gifts on TP, you’re spending less than 50g. They’re cheap, because they drop like water. I had to spend 300g to get 2 Fused Tickets, back at Flame and Frost. I had to spend 150g to get enough scraps for 1 ticket, so I could get me a Aetherized Pistol. But i’m not complaining about it, just man up and stop creating these useless threads, they’ll get deleted anyway…

Ps: They just made the recipe non-account bound.

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

With the new update, im sure it will be super cheap on the TP

Protoavis.9107

With the new update, im sure it will be super cheap on the TP

Just noticed that too, it’s no longer account bound so just watch the trading post

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Wait, how did the event become ruined with ADDED content, you liked the event before, it’s the same event +…. This makes far to little sense.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Ona Demonie.7401

Ona Demonie.7401

I opened well over 2,100 Giant Gift Boxes. 5 Shadow of Grenth recipes before I managed to get 1 Light of Dwayna recipe. That… definitely says something about the RNG. But it’s good to hear that they have now made the Light of Dwayna recipe non-account bound.

Fernling.1729

Are the complete items dropping from the boxes, or just the recipes?

Just the recipe.

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

200 giant gifts bought at glory vendor. 1 of each special skin recipes and 15 quarzt and <20 or <10 low quality luck essences. Some 50-150 of each of the 3 tradeable clothes items for wintersday vendors…. if I remember correctly. Bought this few hours ago. I am only sure about 15 quartz and the skin recipes 1 of each.

So that recipes seem pretty common(I usually have bad luck).

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Bug fixed. Light of Dwayna recipe now tradable. All is right in the world again.

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Yeah. Seems cheap at TP because it is pretty common. 200 more giant gifts opened and 2 dwayna 1 grenth. Selling them later. That unbreakable bell and the endless tonics seem to be pretty rare. Let’s see if I get one with 600 more(then 1000 total) giant gifts. Good I have tons of glory and don’t care about other glory vendor stuff or about selling the gifts for money. This time I’ll try my luck and use up all the glory on gifts and open them all(and then buying new mouse from all the clicking lol).

Edit: Another 200. Now I am going to sleep. More 400 missing to 1000 tomorrow(and then even more as long as I have glory). This time from the 200 no recipe but finally something rare: the mini(forgot about that). Need bell and tonics still(endless). I got some legendary luck essence(1 and 1 the 200 I opened before). Also insignia seems a lot more common than the recipe for giver inscription(at least for me. TP says otherwise but who cares with prices <1 silver lol).

(edited by Luthan.5236)

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

You guys finally added a decent back skin, then made it RNG based which has now completely kitten ed me off, ( Yes I will be sour about it all month )3k gifts opened so far with no dwayna drop, yet my guildie who also got his precursor doing dailies gets it within 3 gifts. kitten you all, I was also going to stick money in this month for the stack expansions, but nope not again till you make decent non RNG involving content.

Devs should read LA map chat more often, you might actually hear what you know, your paying customers want, instead of you know, being the gods of RNG. You guys want constructive threads etc then just ignore them and their advice, so from now on its full on in your face kitten you.

1) You’re not a “paying customer”, as you yourself said you refused to purchase gem store items. [I know you purchased to boxed game, but you got out of it was the boxed game and anything extra is just that, extra. Not paid for, but basically free, whether random or not. Only stuff purchased in the gem store makes you a “paying customer”.]

2) The backpack item is an extra surprise ‘gift’ out of all the random stuff you can get too. Heck, they didn’t have to make and add anything at all and could have made the event 100% the exact same as last years. You’d have had issues with that too, right?

3) How does not instantly getting something on Day #1 out of the over 40-day event “ruin” it for you? I’m sorry ,but that seems like taking INSTANT GRATIFICATION to the super extremes. I’m guessing that 100,000’s of gifts will be opened over the month’s period and many more of those pack pieces will go up for sale on the trading post at a decreasing price throughout the event. Patience is a virtue that many people need to start to learn and use.

4) Please don’t curse out the developers just because you don’t get something that you want. It rude, a kittenildish (the act, not you directly), and highly against the rule of the forums.

Zaxares.5419

Bug fixed. Light of Dwayna recipe now tradable. All is right in the world again.

Guys, please calm down and see above.

Fernling.1729

Guys, please calm down and see above.

My recipe isn’t tradable.

Zaxares.5419

Hmm, maybe it has the same bug as previous stuff. Try buying another copy of the recipe from the TP, combine it with yours, split it again and see if they become sellable?

Posted by: islarose.7356

islarose.7356

Getting a precursor as a drop is essentially winning the lottery in this game. It’s so rare that it’s hard to use that as an indicator of anything except extreme good luck. But I definitely understand how that added insult to injury after opening that many gifts. And that sucks. I’ve been there. :-/

Which gifts in particular have you been opening? The giant ones? I managed to get 3 recipes after opening about 400 of the giant gifts (2 Grenth and 1 Dwayna). I should also point out that at the moment, the Shadow of Grenth recipe is tradeable and can be bought on the TP. Whether this is intentional or not, I have no idea.*

If you want both of them this could potentially save you a bit of a headache. If you want Light of Dwayna, which is account bound, then you’re out of luck and will have to keep playing the RNG game, unfortunately.

* Note that this is simply the way the item behaves. There is NO exploit involved here and in no way am I endorsing cheating of any kind. It’s unclear if this is a bug or if it’s intended behavior.

Yep, I wound up purchasing the Grenth recipe for about 40s. Dwayna is now tradeable. No more RNG tears.

(edited by islarose.7356)

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

Yep, I wound up purchasing the Grenth recipe for about 40s. Dwayna is now tradeable. No more RNG tears.

Well, I can’t see the light of dwayna recipe on the TP so I don’t know.

Zevilo.9304

still no entry in tp. I dont have a problem spending gold on it, its just all I get is Grenth recipe and ho ho tron.

Zevilo.9304

To the kind soul, Ahren Shamal, that gave the recipe to me in the mail.
thank you.

Its tradeable via mail it seems.