skritt hit daily is rude

skritt hit daily is rude

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Cyto.9401

Cyto.9401

in the name of the Cumulative Union of Smart Skritt (or CUSS) i call out to Anet to change the daily that consists of hitting skritt (and only skritt) with snowballs.

i know the intent was to hit the “theiving skritt” that try to steal presents from the ministril and ho ho tron, but ever since the daily released more and more skritt have been the subject to pummeling after pummeling with snowballs. not only that, when pointing out it was racist to some one who was doing his daily on the LA plaza, he told me he deserved it because the skritt in question must be a theif.
the skritt in question was just trying to enjoy a nice time on the LA plaza with a multicultural snowball fight when he was ganged up upon by multiple players, and while he kept on a brave face by laughing it off, i know he was crying inside.

while it is true that a lot of skritt have to resort to thieving this is not only there fault, as skritt are currently not accepted as one of the major races (so they can’t get loans to start businesses or build suitable housing), and with how the skritts cumulative intellect makes it hard to understand the meaning of ownership, these are all things that make it hard for skritt to integrate into society.
i have no doubt in my mind however we can overcome these prejudices and move into a better future with education and open minds!

as for the daily issue, you could fix the intended purpose and make it so only the theiving skritt count (and make another daily that is, lets face it, a goldsink).
or
you could make it a universal thing. trow 10 snowballs to all participating npc’s or players! this would increase the feeling of unity amongst the races and bind us together in a bit of harmless fun!

end joke topic

skritt hit daily is rude

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

What do you mean “more and more skritt have been the subject to pummeling after pummeling with snowballs”? I’m pretty sure it’s just the one snowball figher in Grand Plaza :P

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

skritt hit daily is rude

Posted by: Neoheart.2750

Neoheart.2750

Ah the world today. “Back in the day” throwing snowballs at anyone wasn’t offensive but funny…for both parties. Makes me wonder, its probably banned in school these days as it could be [insert over sensitive PC word here].

skritt hit daily is rude

Posted by: ibbyuoi.1976

ibbyuoi.1976

lol i think you shoulda written the post as skritt would.

skritt hit daily is rude

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

From the skritt getting hit point of view.

Ooohh long legs has shiny. Long legs let go of shiny. Shiny is coming closer. Come to me shiny. smacks shiny hit me ?!? Shiny is dripping from face. Don’t leave me shiny, don’t leave me smack oh shiny came back, me so lucky.

skritt hit daily is rude

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I’ll admit, I picked on that one skritt in the plaza, and I wasn’t alone. Occasionally it seemed I and the other players would throw snowballs at each other, yet, it was a mere ruse. Shameful.

I’m not sure there’s a defensible position for my part in this.

:/

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

skritt hit daily is rude

OmaiGodman.2098

From the skritt getting hit point of view.

Ooohh long legs has shiny. Long legs let go of shiny. Shiny is coming closer. Come to me shiny. smacks shiny hit me ?!? Shiny is dripping from face. Don’t leave me shiny, don’t leave me smack oh shiny came back, me so lucky.

If the skritt actually considered snowballs to be shinies, they’d have taken all the snow in lion’s arch by now :P

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

skritt hit daily is rude

Posted by: Organization Sekhen.2481

Organization Sekhen.2481

specist. The achievement is specist.
To reffer to skritt as a race rather than a species is to diminish their culture and oppress them. check your player character previliges

skritt hit daily is rude

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

Dear CUSS

Will be more then happy to put our snowballs down when your skirt stop attacking us innocent adventures out out of blue and cease all criminal activity.

Sincerely population of guild war.

P.S I apologize for the unusual red…ink. A skirt stole my ink container for my fountain pen while I was writing to you so I had to find….ulterative means.

#ELEtism

skritt hit daily is rude

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

the skritt in question was just trying to enjoy a nice time on the LA plaza with a multicultural snowball fight when he was ganged up upon by multiple players, and while he kept on a brave face by laughing it off, i know he was crying inside.

Truly, truly heartbreaking. tear No words…

skritt hit daily is rude

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Nothing a few well-placed shinies couldn’t smooth over…

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

skritt hit daily is rude

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

alas i tried a snowball drop so that no skritt got hurt but i did it alone calling on all citizens of lions arch to drop their snowballs and not hit innocents. i was taunted and yelled at by many citizens of lions arch til i gave up in futility

skritt hit daily is rude

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Ah the world today. “Back in the day” throwing snowballs at anyone wasn’t offensive but funny…for both parties. Makes me wonder, its probably banned in school these days as it could be [insert over sensitive PC word here].

Actually its been banned in schools for several years here because it is ‘dangerous.’ Of course, dodgeball is also banned. So is holding hands… and standing too close together in a group. But tackle football is ok….

Wtf is this world coming to…..

/end rant

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

skritt hit daily is rude

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

Actually its been banned in schools for several years here because it is ‘dangerous.’ Of course, dodgeball is also banned. So is holding hands… and standing too close together in a group. But tackle football is ok….

/end rant

Need to ask? We’re going into the anti social age were its not acceptable to interact with another human in real life because we’ve become terrified of germs and any activity that might in any form hurt us. Surprised schools haven’t banned outdoor recess and all forms of sports.

#ELEtism

skritt hit daily is rude

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

/end rant

Need to ask? We’re going into the anti social age were its not acceptable to interact with another human in real life because we’ve become terrified of germs and any activity that might in any form hurt us. Surprised schools haven’t banned outdoor recess and all forms of sports.

chuckle It was a rant, it didn’t need an answer.

But yes, I completely understand what you mean.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

skritt hit daily is rude

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Holding hands in schools is frowned upon, because it is thought of as a sexual act.

Holding hands with skritt is frowned upon, because skritt have cooties (according t many asura).

Throwing snowballs at skritt is seen as a way to keep the skritt from spreading cooties.

Of course, since no asura researcher has ever proven the existence of said “cooties”, this practice is an act of blatant speciesism of asura towards skritt. Does Tixx (an asura) even give Wintersday presents to skritt?

skritt hit daily is rude

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Just thought about a funny idea: What if a bunch of players stack up right on top of the skritt to shield him from snowballs?
Bonus points, if they equip stun-response traits.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

skritt hit daily is rude

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

That one skritt should come back as a vengefull grinch-kinda character next Wintersday. It must happen. Tixx needs an arch-nemesis.

skritt hit daily is rude

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

This is how A-Net see the one good non-thieving skritt in Lion Arch.

That laugh is not the laugh of happiness, but A-Net doesn’t care. I need my achievements and this skritt will have to endure.

Attachments:

skritt hit daily is rude

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

To be fair, since he was a Solo Skritt, he was probably manifesting the cognition and short-term memory of a goldfish. He’d need a pack of his buddies to actually understand that he was being oppressed. So go ahead and keep him isolated with your snowball barrages, and the trauma will never actually sink in!

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

skritt hit daily is rude

OmaiGodman.2098

Typical how people complain about the Skritt being hit, and even when the Skritt just laughs it off, you still have to use that as an argument against people throwing snowballs at it. The skritt obviously likes it, I have seen no complaints from skritt around here, just a bunch of hippies who claim to speak on behalf of a minority that never asked for your “support”.

Stop being a bunch of goody two-shoes and let the skritt enjoy the snowball fights instead of using them to stroke your own ego.

skritt hit daily is rude

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Yeah, I thought it was a bit odd that Anet wouldn’t mix it up a bit – perhaps chucking a snowball at Norn or Charr. You’d think there’d be a bit of variety innit?

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

skritt hit daily is rude

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

Typical how people complain about the Skritt being hit, and even when the Skritt just laughs it off, you still have to use that as an argument against people throwing snowballs at it. The skritt obviously likes it, I have seen no complaints from skritt around here, just a bunch of hippies who claim to speak on behalf of a minority that never asked for your “support”.

Stop being a bunch of goody two-shoes and let the skritt enjoy the snowball fights instead of using them to stroke your own ego.

but does this skritt understand he is being unlawfully targeted more then other participant. no his brain capacity isnt big enough so i say he needs his sponsors to protect him and his rights