snowball mayhem

snowball mayhem

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: niki king.3904

niki king.3904

am i the only 1 who thinks that heavy gunner is op.I mean while i use heavy gunner i kill like 30 ppl with no problem but when i put on scout i die in 5 min.Tell me what you think
and also i wanna ask is spvp trait builds affecting in any way snowball mayhem cuz on my thief i got 18k hp and 26k on my warrior

(edited by niki king.3904)

snowball mayhem

Posted by: hyman.7526

hyman.7526

yeah, im wondering the same thing. I get blinded when thieves stealth using scout.

snowball mayhem

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

IDK about hitpoints, but the point of the game is to bring present back to the base, and scout is both better present carrier and interceptor.

snowball mayhem

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I just started playing the event yesterday, and after a few games, I was suspicious of gear being a factor or that the scout was nerfed compared to last year. Last year I remember being able to take out anyone using a combo of the a full length snipe shot and a few attacks. This year however, I’ve seen a full length snipe hit for under 50% of someone’s health and have even had it hit for only 4000 damage (10k usually). Rapid fire also greatly annoys me, since it fully misses what seems like 90% of the time and if I get to close, it shoots right through my target as if they’re not there.

I didn’t fully test everything, but it seems like stats from traits, runes and sigils don’t have any effect. The amulet however does, but any stats that modify your damage doesn’t seem to apply. I’m guessing your armor rating matters, which explains why some people take less damage than others, even though they’re the same class (ie, heavy gunner). I’ve also heard that certain traits apply to some of the skills.

The other odd thing I’ve seen is I was doing a 1vs1 with a heavy gunner who suddenly started healing for like 5% every second once they got below 10% health. Considering there were no pickups or other players around, I’m guessing something else is also a factor.

Doing this as an elementalist, I only had 13k health.

IDK about hitpoints, but the point of the game is to bring present back to the base, and scout is both better present carrier and interceptor.

And a supporter is a far better interceptor and runner because icy ground forces the carrier to drop the present. Just run in and steal it. If anyone follows, drop the present and do it again, or place a wall, or heal yourself. All the scout can really do is stealth and pick it up, which can be good, but overall, it’s not.

snowball mayhem

Posted by: niki king.3904

niki king.3904

I just started playing the event yesterday, and after a few games, I was suspicious of gear being a factor or that the scout was nerfed compared to last year. Last year I remember being able to take out anyone using a combo of the a full length snipe shot and a few attacks. This year however, I’ve seen a full length snipe hit for under 50% of someone’s health and have even had it hit for only 4000 damage (10k usually). Rapid fire also greatly annoys me, since it fully misses what seems like 90% of the time and if I get to close, it shoots right through my target as if they’re not there.

I didn’t fully test everything, but it seems like stats from traits, runes and sigils don’t have any effect. The amulet however does, but any stats that modify your damage doesn’t seem to apply. I’m guessing your armor rating matters, which explains why some people take less damage than others, even though they’re the same class (ie, heavy gunner). I’ve also heard that certain traits apply to some of the skills.

The other odd thing I’ve seen is I was doing a 1vs1 with a heavy gunner who suddenly started healing for like 5% every second once they got below 10% health. Considering there were no pickups or other players around, I’m guessing something else is also a factor.

Doing this as an elementalist, I only had 13k health.

And a supporter is a far better interceptor and runner because icy ground forces the carrier to drop the present. Just run in and steal it. If anyone follows, drop the present and do it again, or place a wall, or heal yourself. All the scout can really do is stealth and pick it up, which can be good, but overall, it’s not.

ya heavy gunners regen health while in combat.and thats the reason why you sometimes feel like you hit him and he immediately heals

snowball mayhem

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

Actually, IMHO, swiftness is almost as important as stealth is.. You can’t cast wall or icy ground if your enemy is already out of the range, so if you get blocked by say a support from other team you can kiss that present goodbye.
Same goes if you are the carrier. If you avoid combat, by the time stealth wears off you need much less distraction from your teammates to evade the hot pursuit.