xmas jumping puzzle ........

in A Very Merry Wintersday

Posted by: Whoopmeister.7493

Whoopmeister.7493

apart from the fact that there is a bug in the jumping puzzle which im sure others have mentioned , which is after a couple of failed attempts u end up lying flat on ur face , and still being able to move around , and not being able to ressurect urself . i have found that as a guardian doing the puzzle by the time i get to the candy bars nr the top of the tower , im down to under half life and it goes down even quicker at that point , i have been told that i need to move quicker , but to me im moving quick , yet i cannot see myself getting to the end of it , if by the candy bars im under half life , is there any other way apart from being told to move quicker ?? ( screenie below is of me flat on my face still being able to move ….

Attachments:

Dont expect forums staff to do help its not there job !!!!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

That’s a bug with the game generally, not specific to this puzzle. And you can fix it by dodging, when the animation ends you’ll be back on your feet as normal.

As for the puzzle what profession you are doesn’t make a difference as far as I know. Everyone gets the same amount of time to do it.

Are you using your keyboard to turn? If so then that will be the major thing that’s slowing you down. You need to use the mouse to turn because it allows you to turn instantly and on the spot instead of needing to slowly rotate or run in a circle.

Other than that it’s just a matter of practice and (although this sounds contradictory) not rushing. You only need to get to the big candy circle next to the wall of presents before your health runs out, and depending on what path you take by the time you get to the candy bars you’ll be over 1/2 way there. You need to move quickly but you’ve got enough time to stop once or twice to adjust your position if you need to, so it’s better to do that than rush and mess it up.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Whoopmeister.7493

Whoopmeister.7493

ty i will try that

Dont expect forums staff to do help its not there job !!!!

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

You do have to be ridiculously quick for this.
I consider myself very good at JP’s and they’re one of my favourite things about GW2, but certainly there’s not a huge allowance of time for getting to the platform. You have the chance to take a little bit of extra time on maybe 3 or 4 jumps before it starts to hugely negatively impact you. You have to be quick.

Posted by: dognosh.6327

dognosh.6327

As said, use the mouse. Last year I was using keyboard, never made it once to the end, 3 months ago my friend suggested I use the mouse to turn, now that I am proficient in using the mouse I get to the gifts with between 1500 and 3000 health, and to the end around 1500-2500 health. i have managed 14 jumps in a 30 min period.
You need practice to get used to using mouse to turn

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I’ve never made it to the end. At least this year I can at least make it to the middle point. I just wish the frostbite was just a tiny bit slower after the mid-point. I can almost make it to the final presents but then I die and go all the way back to the beginning. sigh

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

you don’t need to make it to the end before health runs out. you need to make it to the peppermint platform that tixx is next to (just before the stairway of presents).
when you are on that platform, you are healed to full and don’t take damage. you can then talk to him for some choices. after the stairway is the snowballs – you need to be patient for that one, but quick as well
I think I’m a pretty good jumper and I make it to his platform with about 2500 hp left (about 15%). That is close to the fastest it can be done in. so not a lot of time to lollygag. using a mouse for turning is a requirement. Basically the only time I’m not holding down the forward key is for those two candy canes sticking out of the wall.

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

you don’t need to make it to the end before health runs out. you need to make it to the peppermint platform that tixx is next to (just before the stairway of presents).
when you are on that platform, you are healed to full and don’t take damage. you can then talk to him for some choices. after the stairway is the snowballs – you need to be patient for that one, but quick as well
I think I’m a pretty good jumper and I make it to his platform with about 2500 hp left (about 15%). That is close to the fastest it can be done in. so not a lot of time to lollygag. using a mouse for turning is a requirement. Basically the only time I’m not holding down the forward key is for those two candy canes sticking out of the wall.

I usually have 4k hp left for mid or right path. I’m on a necro maybe that’s why?

For the planking bug, dodge roll and you’re good. It also happens sometimes outside the JP after you fall.

last, it’s not xmas. It’s wintersday

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

You still have to make it from Tixx’s platform to the end before your health runs out. That’s the part I can’t do yet >.<

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

The platform with Tixx has let me finally complete this jumping puzzle. That and not having to wait for the whole group to finish. You pretty much have to be running almost all the way to Tixx with a handful of spots were you can pause to get lined up correctly. I recommend the Gingerbread men path.

The presents are the really hard part. You have to get clean jumps every time and get lucky with what presents are going to disappear. Once you get to the top of the presents the rest is easy.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

You still have to make it from Tixx’s platform to the end before your health runs out. That’s the part I can’t do yet >.<

That part is actually pretty easy once you know what to do.

1. Exploding presents – The trickiest bit. You can actually take a running leap and jump onto the red presents before the blue presents even appear. This gives you an additional second or two to run before the presents start exploding. If this portion is proving to be your undoing, talk to Tixx and get his checkpoint; that will give you an additional try if you fail.

2. Candy cane bridge – There is a wind gust that can knock you off just before the bridge. To get through safely every time, just dodge roll through it.

3. Snowball slope – The key with this part is to take your time. Wait at each peppermint ledge for the snowball (and the icicles fired by the Skritt) to pass before running to the next ledge.

To get a bit more speed on the last part of the slope, dodge roll up the hill twice then leap onto the presents.

4. Final present jumps – Jump on the BLUE presents (along with one candy cane). I sometimes see people mistakenly trying to jump onto the red/orange presents and falling.

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

Another holiday jp that I’m probably just not gonna do. I made it past the presents twice and immediately got flattened by a snowball upon crossing that little bridge thing both times. Sent back to the start and just didn’t feel like trying again. Still more than a month to try, but I never did go back to the Halloween jp after the first week. Just not worth it.

Posted by: Grapher.5342

Grapher.5342

when you get to the middle platform, choose the hearth dialogue which gives you a check point there. The hardest part are the gifts but what you should do is jump on the closest gift that spawns and just jump straight up. Once over be careful of wind so you don’t get knocked off. Balls area easy to avoid but if you can’t you can always dodge. And you have to dodge the red rings that spawn otherwise it will most likely be the end.

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

At least you can find the jumping puzzle. I’ve searched across all of Tyria and no one can tell me where the Jumping Puzzle is located.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Talk to the kid standing near the Mystic Forge in Lion’s Arch. All the Wintersday activity NPCs have peppermint icons above their heads.

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

At least you can find the jumping puzzle. I’ve searched across all of Tyria and no one can tell me where the Jumping Puzzle is located.

In the main area of Lion’s Arch by the mystic forge. It’s the “winter wonderland” activity. It’s highlighted on your map by a peppermint symbol.

Google is your friend when you need information, but alas, it seems like people like to cleverly act like things are impossible to find when all the information you will ever need is right at your finger tips.

Posted by: MoshiMoshi.9582

MoshiMoshi.9582

when you get to the middle platform, choose the hearth dialogue which gives you a check point there. The hardest part are the gifts but what you should do is jump on the closest gift that spawns and just jump straight up. Once over be careful of wind so you don’t get knocked off. Balls area easy to avoid but if you can’t you can always dodge. And you have to dodge the red rings that spawn otherwise it will most likely be the end.

I respawned to the checkpoint twice, but on the third time that I died, it sent me all the way to the beginning.