31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

in WvW Desert Borderlands Stress Test

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

This is a thread about the things we disliked or are worried about
To make this the easiest to read possible let’s do a presentation when we post!
>I play WvW a lot on Underworld (tier9 EU)

-The map is HUGE very HUGE. And I am certain it will cause a MAJOR problem regarding population (ex: we in Underworld don’t have people to cover 3 regular BLs so I do not dare to imagine what will happen if you replace them by 3 new ones who are at least twice as big). You guys really need to find a solution to the whole WvW pop thing before the new BLs ship. Otherwise we’ll be with ghost maps most of the time.

-The new map is giving of an Edge of the Mists vibe and it is worrying me (as in this looks cool but will be destroyed by players asap).

-Supply depots in tower/keeps should be either more numerous or bigger. They just get lost in those gigantic environments otherwise.

-The map (and wvw in general) could use more “indication” tools (sentries despite a stat boost still do nothing but standing there, when they could ping on the map if they get blobbed for example. Like sentries do irl.). Players should be able to send an alert easier to encourage all the lazy ppl that just ignore mapchat all the time^^

-Each tower/keep is unique in form and layout. And I like that. However it will require cautious monitoring to fix the advantages/exploits that WILL rise from that. I mean this more as a warning than a dislike.

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

(edited by DiscoJacen.1590)

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Biggest negative is the map is far to big for current WvW pops, its big enough for 500v500v500. It will be a disaster for low pop servers

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

morrolan.9608

In line with everything else keeps are massive it will be impossible to find mesmers hiding, now that may be the intention but it takes forever to get anywhere

Jade Quarry [SoX]

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I like the fact that the new map is large and a bit hard to navagate. People will learn the fastest ways to get around given time but having it take longer to get to an objective is actually a good thing. The biggest problem with the current maps is the ease of wich you can move the zerg from place to place.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: Canooc.9378

Canooc.9378

I don’t think this is a good effort and a good waste of resources
- It’s not just one huge map but three. Bronze servers will problably be dead, and maybe some silver
- Therefore, the chance of this becoming a new EOTM 2.0 is high, just a karma train going around
- I find the mini-map very messy, some parts have too much details to guide myself, others barelly have it (ex: to reach Scorching Undercroft Keep)
- Some siege is kinda rubbish to reach and so many platforms you need to jump around untill there
- The damage and CC dealt by mobs and enemy engines around forts is ridiculous insane compared to other WvW maps (including EOTM), aswell the amount of them
- There are some glitches around that I uploaded with imgur:
http://i.imgur.com/xhZJU9c.jpg – somehow I fell down under this stairs and couldn’t leave this spot, and i doubt this is on purpose (I tried to leave through that little openning)
http://i.imgur.com/rr2rWox.jpg – why is this laser solid?
http://i.imgur.com/ZO4Qse2.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/wvTShPF.jpg – wall behind Mystic Forge isn’t solid
http://i.imgur.com/T8Focqf.jpg – splashing water while on fire (and that’s not from Air Attunement animation)

(here’s my positive feedback: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuvtest/31-07-POSITIVE-Feedback/first#post5337184 )

Lupi Dooms You – Necromancer
[dT] Desolation

(edited by Canooc.9378)

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

morrolan.9608

Towers having effectively 32 doors are ridiculous

Jade Quarry [SoX]

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

DiscoJacen.1590

I did get lost in fire keep several times^^

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

I put this in the too much PvE thread, but i’ll throw it in here too.

Several of my guildmates were in the stress test yesterday, and their report wasn’t positive.

They said it was too big, they said there was too much empty space, they said there were too many PvE mobs all over the place, and they said it was too vertical. The thing that they said that resonated a lot with me was that they said it would be too easy to completely bypass the enemy.

It’s like they are going to force us to play EotM version 2 all the time, when over and over we’ve said we don’t want that.

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: ShadowStep.3640

ShadowStep.3640

I feel like the low population problem could kind of fix itself. I feel the new keep lords are too powerful to take on with anything less than a full group. Also, the guards respawn insanely quick. If there is only one defender in the keep against the say ten invaders, then I think they could hold them off.

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Narrow roads which are basicly choke points all the way.
Guilds wont be interested in playing this.
Cya GW2, guilds will leave this game when the map will be introduced and then WvW will fall apart.
Servers wont be able to play without guilds, in wvw guilds there is too many players and comamdners.

Oh btw 2 NPC archers can apply more than 25 stacks of bleed on you.

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

They said it was too big, they said there was too much empty space, they said there were too many PvE mobs all over the place, and they said it was too vertical. The thing that they said that resonated a lot with me was that they said it would be too easy to completely bypass the enemy.

I pretty much agree with this. The map feels more like one that should replace EBG. I’m worried for smaller servers (like my own) that can’t have people all over the map. It might just be an issue with me not having time to explore the entire map and the routes around… But I think it will be very easy for a zerg to sneak around unnoticed.

I was playing a mesmer, and there still seem to be some “Invalid path to target” issues. I was pushed to the edge of a cliff at air keep, and when I tried to blink back to the gate I got that message, even though it should be a clear shot.

(edited by rhapsody.3615)

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: Begon.8365

Begon.8365

supply was hard to find with no icon on the map(in keeps), we will get used to it like all the other things like finding the exit. But when under siege and stresslevels are a bit higher, its nice to have a location on the map to aim towards when time is of the essence.
have been looking around for spots to use that was not intended but have not been good enough :p

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: TirzahBauer

TirzahBauer

Environment Artist

Next

supply was hard to find with no icon on the map(in keeps), we will get used to it like all the other things like finding the exit. But when under siege and stresslevels are a bit higher, its nice to have a location on the map to aim towards when time is of the essence.
have been looking around for spots to use that was not intended but have not been good enough :p

I think we’re going to attach supply map markers to all the depots so they’re easier to find. We’ll also be updating the map/minimap to better show objective layout/walls/breakable walls. Thanks for the feedback!

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: TirzahBauer

Previous

TirzahBauer

Environment Artist

I did get lost in fire keep several times^^

The interior map for the fire keep was not working on two of the borderlands Hopefully when that is fixed, and with some updates we’re going to do to make objective layouts clearly visible, it should be easier to see!

The map will also point out locations to elevators and teleporters.

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: Laureh.2097

Laureh.2097

This map should replace or add to EOTM and leave the existing borderland maps.

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Map looks really nice from the streams. I just wonder how the 40 or so total active world vs worlders on my server are gonna try to hold down 3 of these boarderlands and eternal.
We would be lucky to get a big enough group together to down one of these new lords 90% of the week. WvW on my server boils down to get camped at entrance till the enemy gets bored and goes to another boarderland. They let us cap a few things then they steamroll over us and camp us at the entrance again.

(edited by Chuck Zitto.2367)

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

DiscoJacen.1590

I’m almost thinking that the only way this new map “would” work is by only having ONE version on it + Eternal battlegrounds and not 3. For us in Underworld it will be dead due to a lack of players. But with maps this big I imagine it will also be a problem for higher tiers who also can’t field 100 players at all times on all 4 (+EB) maps.

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: Lionwait.4815

Lionwait.4815

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: Dash.8027

Dash.8027

The design of the new BL maps basically is a PvE Karma train to let those players feel like WvW players.

WvW players DO NOT LIKE THIS MAP.

If you took a poll right now, I’d wager most of my wealth that it’d be overwhelmingly negative from people that only play WvW as their primary game mode.

Conversely, many of the PvE players I know love the design; we call that a clue.

I made a large post in another thread about this but it boils down to:

1) Getting places is like a line at Disney; long and winding, only making short distances seem extremely long.
2) Way too many mobs. Most open field fights are going to happen where these veteran and champ mobs are because those are the only actual open fields to fight in….
3) 10% dmg incoming and outgoing buffs have NO PLACE IN WVW. STOP IT. STOP.
4) Fight guilds are already becoming rare. Your game mode is going to be left with PvE players that need karma only. WvW players are going to start leaving this game for other games that offer actual PvP content in the same fashion. (Crowfall)
5) It fills me with sadness to know that the game mode I love is being turned into a PvE oriented game style where guilds can literally never see each other and karma train instead of fighting.
6) Keeps / Towers can have siege placed where attackers have no choice but to throw bodies to the blood gods and die because siege are located at impossible places, across narrow beams and PvE environmental blockers that have no place in actual WvW. One-Three people on ACs can hit 1-2-3 with no skill and stop an entire entering force? …. ….
7) It’s too late to scrap it. I’ve been a fan since launch, spending over $5,000+ in US currency to Gems to support the game and I am no longer able to justify giving my money over to a company that has systematically killed the only game mode I enjoy.

[Os] Guild | Engineer | Sauer | :3
| http://www.sheriffsauer.com – “Engineer Hanbook” |

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: Piteous.4165

Piteous.4165

I agree with most of the negative points here, this is like a big pve dungeon, not a wvw map, but with most things in this game, this is how the map will roll out whether we like it or not, they never change anything once the have it the way THEY like it.

Blackgate
Stay frosty! Keep it tight!

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

-Map is too big for the current population cap
-Too many NPCs that would disrupt “open field” guild fights
-Some NPCs are actually too “strong” (6s immob from a common Spider? U kidding me right?)
-Some buffs are too strong (Just keep the movement speed increase, it would still be really good to have)
-The minimap is very unclear, I got lost many times trying to figure out a way to reach my destination
-Too many locations are buggy when using Teleports due to “No valid path to target”. The top platform in Garrison is a clear example of this
-Shield Generator abilities are too strong: if you “rotate” 3-4 people to use a single Shield Generator, you could keep a permanent Stability Field on a zerg and 2 permanent lines on the enemy zerg. Solution: make the cooldown of the Shield Generator skills be bound to the device, and not to the player.
-Superior Trebuchets are too big

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

WvW players DO NOT LIKE THIS MAP.

oh, that statemant.

/facepalm

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

DiscoJacen.1590

It’s not that we dislike it. Personally it’s just that we don’t want to see it transform into a generalized version of Eotm but for regular WvW henceforth removing your last WvW players in favor of silverwastes farmers who wanted diversity in the terrain they farm…

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Gosh no please.

What they need is to remove the server system from EotM and bring it to the borderland rotation with the 2 other maps. This way we have 4 different WvW maps instead of 2.

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

So are they just going to announce that WvW is going to merge over to the Mega Server setup, as from watching streams etc this map is way to big for even T1 WvW servers, even on a reset night I usually only see a Queue of around 50-100 on a T1 match up.

Given the size of it, its clear the map is designed for the K-Train eotm group. Kinda sad really as it does seem to have some nice features.

The server I play on, wants open fields battles, not more siege humping behind walls.

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

This map should rotate with edge of the mists (4h eotm, 4h this new borderland map etc) instead of replacing the old borderlands

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

this, so much. i never go to eotm.its too confusing, too annoying with npc and if u die u gotta run for aaaages and if u dont run with the zerg u will die to npc and other pve elements. this new map has the same issue imo. too large, not enough wp and too complex. and then there are all those pve elements i hate, like jumping and ai traps…. wvw is about the players. its a sandbox kinda gamemode where we are in charge of it not npc or pve element or pve events!

now the new map is great looking and has some fun parts, but it shouldnt replace our borderland maps. i can see myself going there if im bored with the current wvw but i want it optional not forced upon us.

im in a fighting guild and we bust zergs. thats what i always did and always loved. this new map takes this away as there are too many complex things on this map, like air keep is a joke to me.i would not go there. …..it is tough to find a good spot to engage a zerg for example and the npcs everywhere will rallie the zergs multiple times which destroys zergbusting groups (there is a reason why zergbusters run tagless…pug rallie the zerg!!!)

so for me its like, ill only queue for eb as i dont like this map as my wvw map.

in wvw less is more, we dont need fancy vertical maps as vertical= more room for exploits, siege overload spots, non stability heavy classes are rendered unviable (eg necro and mes have very little stab access)

oh and people like me that suck at jumping…this map is not fun!! i mean how am i on my mesmer supposed to kite 2 warriors that have stab on and can just stand there and spam their abilities if i have no room or will simply be pushed over the cliff over and over again and then on top of that i have to jump over multiple obstacles( yeah blink and ileap and 90% of our skills dont work well in such areas)

this map is mainly for warriors , eles and guards and probably remenant.

just make it optional, so eb is not our only hope to actually have fun= 2-5 hour queues.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Xillllix.3485

This is a new WvW map, not a karma farm map. Yes people will defend. I’m in a fight guild too and we’re looking forward to this new map.

If you’re fight guild cannot adapt itself to a varied terrain than maybe you should just go to EBG. Anyway the problem is the same as in the first year the game was released: They are removing content again (Alpine map) instead on working on a better implementation of all the maps.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: cillard.3986

cillard.3986

This map is pretty much EOTM on steroids ….

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: cillard.3986

cillard.3986

1. There are freaking PvE mobs all over the place, some of which are quite the pain in the kitten to deal with. Why? Seriously, if I wanted to fight PvE mobs, I would go PvE, but like most WvWers, I hate it.

2. I really don’t want to WvW in a giant jumping puzzle. Too many elevation changes, jumping locations, and confusion. I fully realize that some of this is not being intimately familiar with the new map, but at the same time …it is grossly overdone.

3. Stupid gimmicks all over the place. If EOTM were a crack addict and had a baby, it would be this map.

4. Way too large. Bigger maps are good if the terrain was flatter and had less twists/turns and NPCs ….but bigger in addition to all the other crap just gets in the way of game play.

I suspect my thoughts (which are completely echoed by members of my entire guild) will fall on deaf ears, but this map is basically everything we hate about EOTM on steroids. We want large, flat areas free of NPCs to fight in, mixed in with some places that smaller forces can use to spread out and choke a large force if they are tactically smart and out play them. We don’t want stupid gimmicks that get in the way of game play (like the ones there now), but we DO want some mechanics in place that help to spread out blobs. The current implementation on the new map is crap.

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: Tako.7894

Tako.7894

@TirzahBauer

Can we please get a statement about the fact that this threat is full of we do not like the new Map comments. I would like to know the thoughts of the Developers why we get this map as it is now? Maybe it helps us to understand the reasons which lead to the actual map design.

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Xillllix.3485

I like the new map design for fights, it’s going to be super varied. If there is a karma train going around it’s going to be our job to ruin their day.

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

you guys are seriously scaring me, i haven’t pre-order yet the expansion but WvW is all that interest me in GW, is all i play mostly. But for what i have read in the comments this is just EOTM 2.0 why? why doesn’t anet learn from there mistakes, we don’t want PvE into WvW, we don’t want bosses. I hope wvw becomes better but for what i have read this will mark the end of it and is probably to late to change anything so that is what we will get EOTM 2.0 and karma trains. Sad

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

-Too many choke points, choke points in the current meta are just boring because nobody pushes. Nobody pushes because they really can’t, and those that do ends up getting farmed most of the time.

-There needs to be open fields with maybe hills, ruins, some trees here and there, but that’s about it for people to enjoy open field battles. NPC’s rally people, they are annoying. I’m a necro and I hate blowing my horn and get in combat because locus swarm tags random mobs. Open field battles are fun. Fields with npc’s or next to keeps/towers where people can hide in & cast over you are not as fun.

-If EOTM was a test, then you should know the result of that test. Yes I took an alt in EOTM recently because it’s a place to gain easy exp. All I saw was zergs of people exchanging objectives, totally completely avoiding one another. When I, the lowly uplevel, tried to initiate a fight, I watched the zerg run another way because hey there’s another tower to cap. It was like 2 hours of circle capping, and when I tried to initiate a fight, people didn’t want to waste even 1 minute to fight another group. Please for the love of Lion’s Arch don’t turn WvW into EOTM.

I mean GW2 modeled WvW after DAOC’s RvR right? So we all know what happened after ToA expansion when Mythic added too much PvE into a game that was all about RvR. They drove RvR players away because people just hated grinding PvE.

I’m totally fine with EOTM being EOTM, because WvW players didn’t have to play EOTM. I’m 100% fine if PvE or part-time PvP players like to ktrain. But it would seem HoT expansion will be forcing EOTM on us all.

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Anet will have to increase the cap to like 250 on each side, and cut off a lot of servers. It’s the only way for a map this big to work.

And by doing that, they’ll have to improve A LOT their hardware and game engine to handle that number of players fighting.

[HUE]

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

I dont get it. There has been vast amounts of feedback of how we dont want WvW turning into another EOTM… how we want less PVE, less gimmicks, less vertical, less karma train – just a solid map which makes big battles possible and logical. You chose to completely ignore us and actually do your best to offend us in any possible way by doing the exact opposite… why do you hate us WvW players so much?

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

I dont get it. There has been vast amounts of feedback of how we dont want WvW turning into another EOTM… how we want less PVE, less gimmicks, less vertical, less karma train – just a solid map which makes big battles possible and logical. You chose to completely ignore us and actually do your best to offend us in any possible way by doing the exact opposite… why do you hate us WvW players so much?

yep exactly that. we told them what we wanted. there were a ton of GREAt ideas and constructive threads. there were also a ton of feedbacks about eotm…. and i know that a ton of the guilds i play with and people i got to know since the release of gw2(and me mainly playing wvw…over 4k hours…) lots and lots of wvw people will not like this map… at all.
i think anet ignores us on purpose, cause THEY know better and THEY only want NEW players. and they hope NEW players will only like wvw if they make it as complex and pve heavy like eotm….well gg anet u just turned your gold called wvw u had into stone!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Xillllix.3485

yep exactly that. we told them what we wanted. there were a ton of GREAt ideas and constructive threads. there were also a ton of feedbacks about eotm…. and i know that a ton of the guilds i play with and people i got to know since the release of gw2(and me mainly playing wvw…over 4k hours…) lots and lots of wvw people will not like this map… at all.
i think anet ignores us on purpose, cause THEY know better and THEY only want NEW players. and they hope NEW players will only like wvw if they make it as complex and pve heavy like eotm….well gg anet u just turned your gold called wvw u had into stone!

The new map looks fine for fights. It’s not the mobs around that are going to prevent that.

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

The new map is just godawful garbage, its large, confusing, and full of abused gimmicky garbage.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

I like the map design itself with the levels and able to get some silly plays with verticality. For roaming, it’s fun but then counter intuitive design with the NPCs and objectives.

I dislike how long it takes to get back into the fights.
I dislike the NPCs/trash mobs/etc. Overtuned and way too many of them.
I dislike the buffs from guild upgrades/owning certain objectives. They are unpleasant and feel unfair to be honest.
Also the marked upgrade from guilds has to be broken, being tracked from one tower for hours even at the opposite of the map…?! It’s really annoying.

I dislike the focus of the design but the map itself isn’t the issue in my opinion. I don’t find choke points to be an issue for zerg fights since i found plenty of open areas to fight in but I understand other’s opinions on it.

I dislike being able to place siege in areas that are out of reach for assailants.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

(edited by Kitta.3657)

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: cpryme.4830

cpryme.4830

Being a mostly wvw player I actually like the map. It does give off a slight pve vibe but I can see how it might be challenging with the blobs of people I get in my server all the time. The negative stuff I have to say is that I, like the poster above me, dislike how easy it is to overturn the NPCs, especially at the camps and keeps. I feel there’s challenge lacking in the NPCs and Lords. I also don’t like the being marked for my entire roam in a map either. It keeps me in combat, which is why it bothers me so much. I’m not sure if it’s supposed to do that or not but make it stop please. Shouldn’t it have a max range? I do like all the choke possibilities though, fun times coming

On a side note I also have the same fear that most of the posters above me have. I do not want this map to become the latest victim of pve champ/karma train. From the design of the map currently the fear of this is very real. WvW is very sacred to me. We are a people who like strategy, good fights against other players and we expect a certain standard. The game really does not need another mindless EOTM (I know you guys meant well but really, where there is possibility of a champ/karma train Guild Wars players will find it and they will clog my already queued maps to get at it.)

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: Snake.8235

Snake.8235

They released the WvW beta for a reason, while i’m sure most of your negative feedbacks are being heard and will probably be addressed… do not shut down the new WvW maps right away.
There is room for improvement.
I have been in game for only a year but i have logged close to about 3,000 hours (with including about 5-months inactivity – i used to play 12hours a day most of the time – while having a job, and social life on the side… i’ve forgotten all about sleep LOL) and i have been bored to hell with the current maps. I cant imagine those people who has been here since launch 3 years ago.

Now there is a new map for WvW and a lot of people wanna shoot it out the window right away.
AGAIN – This is BETA TEST.
To be fair to GW2 Devs, they have listened to some (if not all) whines, complains, grunts and scoffs at them. They do listen to people’s feedback, which what makes this game downright enjoyable, as it is not solely focused on money making. ANet does want to make the game fun as much as possible, so just saying… try thinking it through if you wanna get stuck in the same old boring map with no challenge whatsoever…
Just sayin…

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: Rosy.5194

Rosy.5194

I think I feel bad for the developers and Anet here.

They’ve designed this huge, pretty, complicated map. And, really, I think it’s too big for the server capabilities right now. However, Anet is hardly going to scrap the map, or cut it in half, or whatever, after spending so much time and resources in creating it.

Which means we have a massive problem that I don’t see a solution to.

If all three servers have “a map queue” size mega blob running around the map, it’ll be hard to find the other two blobs, even if you want to. If they all split into multiple 10-15 man groups, it’ll be easier to run across another group, but at that size significantly harder to take a walled objective (particularly with the new guild buffs).

There was a group of 5, with an Omega, pounding on a reinforced wall of a tower, and it took me more than 5 minutes to find them. Part of that was due to unfamiliarity with the map, but part of it was simply due to “run over here and check this wall….nope, okay, run waaaay over there and check that wall… nope… okay run way over there and -ah-ha!” And even after all that, they were handily defeated before getting even vaguely close to the tower lord.

That was a tower. Not a fortified keep, all of which are apparently 1.5 miles wide, as best I can tell.

So we have two situations:

- defenders present in objectives: nothing can be taken unless you have seriously overwhelming numbers; if you succeed in taking the objective, we wind up with:
- no defenders present in objectives: karma-train EOTM-style

The only “solution” I can think of is to make this the new EB, and keep the current borderlands as-is. Replacing the current alpine set with this will just wind up with everyone playing normally on EB, and using this map as Yet Another EOTM, I fear.

Which is a shame, because there’s lots of neat stuff there. Too much.

Rosy Dawn – [CNB]

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Felt like the map was empty tonight, did people forget the beta is on?
Did the first beta wave people not know that they were open to join even if they didn’t get a second email about it?
Or did people give up on the map already?

Roamed with a havok sized group 5-10 for most of the night, it was tougher to take certain objectives, no +5’s, longer run to camps, it took much longer to break into fortified structures.

Hate the fire keep side of the map as there’s no map for the underground portion, or maybe it wasn’t showing I don’t know.

The automated turrets were too much, you can’t even kill them as far as I know, I couldn’t target them. Couldn’t build the force fields so don’t know if that changes things, but it forced us to take walls down instead.

Didn’t even bother with garrison, too much golem guards that spam ranged attacks.

I like that sentries marked enemies on the map. I don’t like the marked debuff on me for pretty much the whole night, which I’m sure was bugged.

I did enjoy the event in the middle, it did draw in the zergs(did this earlier in the day) from all sides.

Honestly though, the map feels like it would be more of a pain in the beep for roamers and havok groups, you might as well bring your zerg and get things done.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

They’ve designed this huge, pretty, complicated map. And, really, I think it’s too big for the server capabilities right now. However, Anet is hardly going to scrap the map, or cut it in half, or whatever, after spending so much time and resources in creating it.

If all three servers have “a map queue” size mega blob running around the map, it’ll be hard to find the other two blobs, even if you want to. If they all split into multiple 10-15 man groups, it’ll be easier to run across another group, but at that size significantly harder to take a walled objective (particularly with the new guild buffs).

There was a group of 5, with an Omega, pounding on a reinforced wall of a tower, and it took me more than 5 minutes to find them. Part of that was due to unfamiliarity with the map, but part of it was simply due to “run over here and check this wall….nope, okay, run waaaay over there and check that wall… nope… okay run way over there and -ah-ha!” And even after all that, they were handily defeated before getting even vaguely close to the tower lord.

That was a tower. Not a fortified keep, all of which are apparently 1.5 miles wide, as best I can tell.

- defenders present in objectives: nothing can be taken unless you have seriously overwhelming numbers; if you succeed in taking the objective, we wind up with:

The only “solution” I can think of is to make this the new EB, and keep the current borderlands as-is. Replacing the current alpine set with this will just wind up with everyone playing normally on EB, and using this map as Yet Another EOTM, I fear.

Definitely a +1 on all accounts here. The map clearly has had a lot of work put into it. Like, A LOT. You can tell from the detail of the map itself from map creation and the art all the way into how the map itself functions. Rock walls, Oasis event (haven’t been able to try it yet), and all the changes to how camps, towers, and keeps work.

Getting around the map isn’t too kittence you play for a little bit. Its overwhelming at first because of the layers/levels the map has however, if you look at it and compare the layout to that of the Alpine BL’s then it starts to make more and more sense. The minimap didn’t correct itself when I moved between them which was also confusing. The map as a whole does focus a little too much on height and not just good WvW fighting and taking objectives. The size of the map doesn’t really concern me but when I question myself about the current lag in live matches along with the ever increasing player size cap, I get a little nervous that these new maps will be extremely laggy.

The map has a lot of small corridors which don’t do well for fighting. If you have servers with 80+ people in one spot, the amount of AOE spam will be ridiculous and make pushing extremely hard. It also feels like there is a lot of useless clutter and junk on the map. Pointless rocks, valleys that lead you down winding roads instead of just being able to walk to the objectives, and view obstructions like trees and structures related to towers or keeps.

I’m assuming rewards are getting updated from both physical and mental approach. It seemed really easy for a disorganized group of about 5 to defend 6 Omegas and 3-4 normal players on the ground. Yeah, they did have two AC’s going but against 6 Omegas? Something was off about that.

Maguuma Guardian

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: Sealreth.1425

Sealreth.1425

Onky thing I dislike is these buffs like x amound of extra damage / defence blabla kitten. Rest seemed ok to me. But I fear for low pop servers.

Sethy Alre [Main: Thief, 19 Characters] -
[TSP] The Shadow Phantoms – Guild master
Gunnar’s Hold

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

That is a very good analysis!
And when you consider there will be 3 versions of this map… they will most likely be dead soon after people got it out of their system.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: Darklight.5487

Darklight.5487

Why is there no feedback on the negative feedback aka the true concerns the players have?

This map is the biggest Fail A-Net could have had done to our wvw community. I already cann see the queues on the EBG map and lost and empty border maps

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: Darklight.5487

Darklight.5487

Honestly guys, which part of the sentence “We do not want another EOTM map (in case u dev and pr guys dont know what eotm is, it is the overflow map called t”he edge of the mists" map) did u not understand?
Honestly tell me which part of this sentence u do not understand and ill change that part so u do understand it.

We told u a million times how much we do NOT like the eotm map and that it is not WvW and has nothing to do with WvW and that we do not want to see that type of map architecture in the real WvW. We had the cdi with the communitymanagers where we told them that we do not want another eotm map. In every situation we had the chance to talk about WvW we told you guys always that another EOTM is NOT the solution for the existing concerns in WvW.
Lets take a look at what we have at the moment:

1. Lags all over the place
1.1 Unstable servers
2. Empty servers in lower tier
2.1 Bad ppt system
2.2 Bad Reward system engaging winning team joiners to leave their servers (made sfr big btw. )
2.3 Bad match up system
3. Forced to pay for server transfer
4. Buggusers
5. Karmatrainers
6. afk bot users stayig afk on a map for hours just to avoid the Q on primetime
7. As if all of that and many more already existing concerns are not enough, now we are getting forced to play on EOTM / PVE Wonderland 2.0

Thank you A-Net for NOT having listend to us again and again and again.
At least fire your community guys so we can blame them for not having informed you correctly.
:) Im just kidding, no one should lose his job just because a bunch of players do not like the only relevant contend for them. We can just stop playing/paying and all be good i gues.

31/07 [NEGATIVE]Feedback

Posted by: Zxavier Augistine.7312

Zxavier Augistine.7312

I do like how big the map is, i feel that for high population servers it’ll offer great variety.

HOWEVER, there needs to be some kind of incentive for players to not just defend but to go on the offensive instead of just hugging a tower all night. I still think some kind of “mega-buff” spawning on the map at some point would be a great inclusion here.

other than that if the population can be increased i think it would benefit such a big map.

people are the reason we cant have nice things…
Guild Wars 2: waiting for content simulator.