Jumping Puzzle

Jumping Puzzle

in WvW Desert Borderlands Stress Test

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

Q:

Will there be a jumping puzzle in the new borderlands map?

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

Jumping Puzzle

Posted by: Tyler Bearce

Tyler Bearce

Game Designer

Next

A:

We have no plans to add a jumping puzzle to the desert borderlands.

Jumping Puzzle

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

The whole freakin’ map is a puzzle.

Jumping Puzzle

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Needs hidden cat room.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Jumping Puzzle

Posted by: Ludovicus.7980

Ludovicus.7980

We have no plans to add a jumping puzzle to the jumping puzzle borderlands. FTFY

Sorry, I had to… I mean no harm >_<

The glory of my ancestors shall be restored.

Jumping Puzzle

Posted by: Tyler Bearce

Previous

Tyler Bearce

Game Designer

Needs hidden cat room.

It may already have such a thing.

Jumping Puzzle

Posted by: Dyrus.6507

Dyrus.6507

could you make the obsidian sanctum reward more interesting for players ? currently almost noone does it, yet it has its own wvw map.

and after the guildhalls there wont be anyone even in the gvg arena.

i love this map !

Jumping Puzzle

Chaba.5410

Needs hidden cat room.

It may already have such a thing.

Purrfect.

Is it right next to the entrance to the secret cow level?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

Jumping Puzzle

Posted by: Lacrisma.1540

Lacrisma.1540

Assuming that they’re big enough to have 15vs15 / 20vs20 or even bigger fights.
And judging from what we’ve seen so far, they’re not.
Still hoping that this isn’t final / they’ll add bigger ones (upgrades? depending on guildhall?)

Also, glad to hear that there won’t be a JP.

Jumping Puzzle

Dyrus.6507

even if the os stays a good place to gvg, i have to say that this isnt the single purpose of this map. at the moment the map gets almost only used for duells and gvgs, but i miss the original purpose of the map, as it was at the start of the game : a wvw style jumping puzzle arena.

Jumping Puzzle

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

and it’s good. period.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

Jumping Puzzle

Posted by: Lacrisma.1540

Lacrisma.1540

even if the os stays a good place to gvg, i have to say that this isnt the single purpose of this map. at the moment the map gets almost only used for duells and gvgs, but i miss the original purpose of the map, as it was at the start of the game : a wvw style jumping puzzle arena.

Or guilds forcing you to pay them 20g to let you through. Hell yeah.

Jumping Puzzle

Dyrus.6507

Or guilds forcing you to pay them 20g to let you through. Hell yeah.

well, there has to be some competition… its wvw afterall.

Jumping Puzzle

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

How will you work out the completion of the JP achievements then? That’s 30 AP that will become incapable of obtaining with nothing to replace it.

Plus, jumping puzzles are the best part of the game, how can you deprive WvW’ers of this fun!?

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Jumping Puzzle

Posted by: Odesseus.1472

Odesseus.1472

and it’s good. period.

Sez you.

Jumping Puzzle

Posted by: DymondHed.9026

DymondHed.9026

this makes me sad

i have too many hours logged >_>

Jumping Puzzle

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

:( but jumping puzzles are the best

Jumping Puzzle

Posted by: abclemons.7093

abclemons.7093

So do Mistwrought Vaults now?

Koffix (ele) | Koffix Sprockets (engi ) | Koffix Shadows (teef) | Koffix Clones (mes) |
Koffix [xxx] (all the rest)
[Phnx] Phoenix Rises from the Ashes | Crystal Desert

Jumping Puzzle

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Glad to see there are no plans to add JP’s to the borderlands map. WvW should be about worlds fighting each other, not players jumping around a puzzle. There will be plenty more JP’s in the PvE areas of HoT I’m sure. Lets keep the BL focused on conflict please.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Jumping Puzzle

Chaba.5410

Glad to see there are no plans to add JP’s to the borderlands map. WvW should be about worlds fighting each other, not players jumping around a puzzle. There will be plenty more JP’s in the PvE areas of HoT I’m sure. Lets keep the BL focused on conflict please.

How could anyone say that the OS JP was not a place of conflict? The QQ on these forums about it was epic.

Chaba Tangnu

Jumping Puzzle

Rin.1046

How could anyone say that the OS JP was not a place of conflict? The QQ on these forums about it was epic.

Ok, maybe I should clarify my point a bit more. WvW is about worlds fighting a war, not having small skirmishes in an area that doesn’t effect the war effort in any way. Do you capture towers and add to your world score by fighting in OS? No. Does fighting in OS help your world win the overall war in any way? No. So why was it added to WvW in the first place? I never did understand that, just like I never saw the point in adding JP’s in the normal BL’s, as they served no other purpose than to be a distraction.

Don’t get me wrong, I think JP’s are great, I enjoy doing them myself, but I don’t go to WvW to do them and I don’t think they should be a part of WvW. They take players away from the focus of the game mode. I would not want to see JP’s in sPvP matches either, for the same reason.

However, if a JP just happened to be the scenery you fought over, for example lets say a Tower was a JP that you have to navigate and fight over to capture it, then that would be fine. Providing you got no reward for doing it other than capturing the tower. If you had to complete a JP to get to a keep, that would be fine too, so long as there is no reward for doing it other than getting to the keep.

I guess what I am saying is, I have no problem with the terrain having jumping puzzle elements in WvW or PvP, so long as there is no JP related titles or rewards gained from doing them. Because the moment you give rewards for completing them you will get players filling up slots not doing WvW or PvP. I hope that clears up my view a bit better.

Simplicity is complex.

Jumping Puzzle

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

The only reason I think they should be there is so that we can have a jumping puzzle pvp zone, I specifically asked if there would be ones in the new maps to see if there would be some different landscape. It’s super easy when roaming with a small group to ditch another group if needed in the jumping zones in each map as most won’t follow you in there. This makes it a safe haven for players that are comfortable fighting in a jumping puzzle. I don’t think it is something required in the WvW maps so I won’t be ‘disappointed’ if there isn’t one. I think how they made the OS a separate map was a good move for a pvp jumping puzzle.

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

Jumping Puzzle

Chaba.5410

However, if a JP just happened to be the scenery you fought over, for example lets say a Tower was a JP that you have to navigate and fight over to capture it, then that would be fine. Providing you got no reward for doing it other than capturing the tower. If you had to complete a JP to get to a keep, that would be fine too, so long as there is no reward for doing it other than getting to the keep.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but that was the original intent of the JPs. There was a connection to the war effort before superior siege blueprints account bound status was changed to allow to be sold on the TP. Commanders used to run pugs into the JPs in order to get some free siege blueprints to be used for the night.

Aside from that, I consider it extremely important to have something “fun” and seemingly unrelated to the effort of the game mode in a game mode that is 24/7 and 365 days which is why I asked about a hidden cat room. If anything, leaders use “fun” stuff like that (jp, hidden cat room, grub, arboreal spirit, etc.) to keep morale up, which is arguably the most important element to “war effort”.

Chaba Tangnu

(edited by Chaba.5410)

Jumping Puzzle

Rin.1046

Correct me if I’m wrong, but that was the original intent of the JPs. There was a connection to the war effort before superior siege blueprints account bound status was changed to allow to be sold on the TP. Commanders used to run pugs into the JPs in order to get some free siege blueprints to be used for the night.

Aside from that, I consider it extremely important to have something “fun” and seemingly unrelated to the effort of the game mode in a game mode that is 24/7 and 365 days which is why I asked about a hidden cat room. If anything, leaders use “fun” stuff like that (jp, hidden cat room, grub, arboreal spirit, etc.) to keep morale up, which is arguably the most important element to “war effort”.

I am all for them adding fun and different activities into WvW, however, I do not see the logic in making them unrelated to the war effort. It would be like adding a JP to the side of a PvP map, which offered nothing to the actual match. The PvP players wouldn’t touch it and they would get annoyed at the PvE players joining matches just to do the JP. If the activity didn’t effect anyone else’s game in any why, like JP’s do in PvE zones, then I wouldn’t have an issue with it, but when there are limited slots per BL, you need to ensure that every players is contributing in some way.

If the JP’s are a way to get free blueprints then I guess that is ok, but in my opinion it is not much of a contribution when you can get them from the TP/vendors for a small amount of coin. That’s basically comparing a few seconds buying them, then getting back to caping towers etc, vs many minutes trying to complete a JP just for 1-2 blueprints. If you got a lot of supply at the end of the JP instead, for example there could be a special supply depot that allowed players to carry 25 supply each or something, then that would be worth doing and could also improve a world’s chances at capturing a keep.

I understand WvW is much bigger than PvP, and the ‘match’ lasts a lot longer, so I agree there needs to be more variety in the fun stuff. Like I said, I am perfectly ok with JP’s in WvW, so long as it is relevant to the game type. If completing a JP gave you a siege buff, or gave you access to a special supply camp, then I would be ok with that JP being part of the map. So long as it is part of the game type, and not some unrelated activity thrown in just for the sake of it, I would be perfectly happy with it. In fact I would be very happy, because I enjoy JP’s. But I dislike unrelated activities taking players away from the purpose of the game type and using up limited slots that other more dedicated WvW players could have used. If the JP was a useful part of the war effort, then that would be ok.

Simplicity is complex.

(edited by Rin.1046)

Jumping Puzzle

Chaba.5410

If the JP’s are a way to get free blueprints then I guess that is ok, but in my opinion it is not much of a contribution when you can get them from the TP/vendors for a small amount of coin.

See, this is one of those “cruft” things in WvW. Blueprints used to be account bound and could only be bought for badges or obtainable through the JPs. Just like you can look at the Alpine Borderlands map and see how they haven’t updated the old orb area.

But yea, I agree it seems kind of a waste to have something as large as a JP be unrelated to the war effort. A hidden cat room on the other hand, morale doesn’t need something as large as a JP.

Chaba Tangnu

Jumping Puzzle

Posted by: Bristingr.5034

Bristingr.5034

What about the Achievement Points for the old Jumping Puzzles in the Alpine BLs? Will those be going away or what? Because I never finished getting the last of the JP achievement points from those BLs…