New Eotm map?

New Eotm map?

in WvW Desert Borderlands Stress Test

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

Q:

Now i know many of you will say eotm isn’t wvw, but that’s irrelevant to the thread

Were getting a new WvW map, does that come with a new Eotm map?

and if not will there be any changes to the eotm or will it stay the same?

New Eotm map?

Posted by: lordvroom.1274

lordvroom.1274

They should kill it imo. Its original purpose was supposed to be a testing ground for us WvWers but things like golem week prove that they don’t even care. As long as it remains while unique and cool in its design is a worthless imitation to all serious WvW players. We all view it as the easy place to karma train(which we don’t need) and uplevel city.

I think it should just be scrapped and with HoT leave only 2.1 maps in existence: Eternal Battlegrounds, The Desert Oasis, and Obisdian Sanctum (for larger GvG’s?)

-Vrontios
Leader of The Backup [CREW]
Fort Aspenwood

New Eotm map?

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

If the EOTM map was inserted into actual WvW, the way it gets played would change real quick. As it is now, it just sits out there and does nothing.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

New Eotm map?

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

They should kill it imo. Its original purpose was supposed to be a testing ground for us WvWers but things like golem week prove that they don’t even care. As long as it remains while unique and cool in its design is a worthless imitation to all serious WvW players. We all view it as the easy place to karma train(which we don’t need) and uplevel city.

I think it should just be scrapped and with HoT leave only 2.1 maps in existence: Eternal Battlegrounds, The Desert Oasis, and Obisdian Sanctum (for larger GvG’s?)

The last thing they need to do is remove content, that’s never a good idea

also is real intent was an overflow map for people waiting to get into WvW. It’s also a way to play with people in your guild or friends who arn’t in the same server(since the megaserver)

and eotm is way more fun than WvW(imo) just for the falling off the edge, its just pure fun.

but lets not derail the thread, i just want to know if there will be anew one or not.

New Eotm map?

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

Just because you do not like it doesnt mean your opinion should force others to stop playing what they like. I play both, and on average, EoTM is ALOT more populated than WvW on most days at any given time (and i’m on a t1 server). So EoTM is popular with some folks.

Let them play what they want and ask for buffs/new features for the content you like, rather than remove the content you don’t like.

New Eotm map?

Posted by: Simzani.4318

Simzani.4318

The new eotm is already done and will remplace the borderlands maps.

New Eotm map?

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Actually, its intention was to give wvwers who were waiting in long queues to have something to do until their queue was up. Didn’t quite turn out that way though lol

New Eotm map?

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

If I was Anet I would make tweaks to EotM and make it a PPT WvW map. It would be really nice to have 4 WvW maps.

New Eotm map?

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

Since the old borderlands will be replaced, what if they make them as “alliance maps”, similar to the “alliance” we have in EotM. Maybe give it a try for a week or two? You never know if you found a winning formula until you’ve tested it. Don’t mistake “theories” with bias and opinions. Like for instance, your business arenanet. Who would have thought MMORPGs would become so popular? Heck even kids as young as 8 years old are playing MMORPGs nowadays. Yeah I know, problems may arise with experimentation, but you learn and evolve and improve. Golem week is a good try at having “tanks” in battle. I think it’s an interesting idea. Maybe work on it more, maybe add another golem type? Maybe make more WvW mastery lines for these new golem types. Maybe make a real “siege golem”, such that you have a casting time to deploy and undeploy the golem, and the golem is rooted while attacking, but it would deal massive damage. Think of it as the artillery type golem. In Starcraft, we have what we call a moving siege line, that is Siege Tanks alternately go in siege mode and push the line of battle. Maybe if we have newer types of golems, it would open up new tactics in WvW. Maybe take inspiration in RTS games when it comes to WvW additions and improvements?

Anvil Rockers Unite!