Problems with Mac client

Problems with Mac client

in WvW Desert Borderlands Stress Test

Posted by: MinerBob.5312

MinerBob.5312

My character was stuck in a pose with his left arm raised, right arm lowered. I never noticed it leaving that pose. (Stayin’ alive, stayin’ alive…)

I could never map the scroll wheel of my mouse to zoom in and out. My character was stuck in one view level unless I used [Fn][Up Arrow] or [Fn][Down Arrow]. The keybind mapping did not recognize me using the scroll wheel and the Razer’s keybind mapping does not allow mapping [Fn][Up Arrow] or [Fn][Down Arrow].

Other than that, no other issue detected with the Mac client. That said I was not able to get on when there were a lot of characters on. This will usually cause the Mac client to crash, after about an hour’s play. (Same with World bosses.)

Problems with Mac client

Posted by: Odesseus.1472

Odesseus.1472

I’ve had that stuck pose before, and that’s a bug both with the Mac and PC in the normal client. Waypointing, dying, using an Asura gate sometimes fixes it. Sometimes you just have to relog.

I managed to get the Mac client to run ok, too. I wish Anet had actually thought to give us Mac users some direction. It really wasn’t that kittence you got the proper instructions.

The mouse wheel is an issue where in the prefs the mouse wheel is set to “Use scrolling gestures to change direction” option. Uncheck that and the scroll wheel works for zoom.

I am happy to report I had no undue crashes. My Mac client performed fine even in 3-4 hours of play.

Problems with Mac client

Posted by: MinerBob.5312

MinerBob.5312

Thanks for the tip and the response.