[Question] WvW mega server?

in WvW Desert Borderlands Stress Test

Posted by: KiritoBR.9783

KiritoBR.9783

I’m just thinking about the possibility on the future ANet unite servers of the same colors and transform the WvW in Mega Servers with the addition of this new huge map that comes with the expansion.

PS: sorry for the bad english, i’m trying to pratice, its not my native language.

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

That already exists. It is called Eotm.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Yes, that would be EoTM.

In theory EoTM could be the only WvW that GW2 got (lets assume its been designed not to be karma train, as opposed to now), but you would loose the heart and soul of WvW – the feeling of being in a war and the community effort around it. Megaservers EoTM style completely ruin that. No way around it.

The only way this would work is if you completely redesign WvW from the ground up and tbh… I have no idea how exactly one would do that and make it work as good as current WvW. That probably a 100 page design document on its own. There is no single line answer to “WvW megaserver?” other than a resounding “NO!”.

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

There is no single line answer to “WvW megaserver?” other than a resounding “NO!”.

+1 for that.
Not everybody enjoys every map being full all of the time, I personally enjoy my tier where each server will have 1-3 large zergs around, 2 or so mid sized groups, and anywhere between 3-10(depending on time zone) groups of 5 or so all moving about the different maps at any time. Massive zerg vs. massive zerg combat is great in specific battles, but dull if that’s most all of what happens for the entire war.

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass