Testers: Today's the Day!

in WvW Desert Borderlands Stress Test

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

If you were invited to this week’s Desert Borderlands test, the test ends tomorrow morning (Pacific time). Please jump into the game and help us test this important content.

You may have been invited! Check your e-mails from last Friday. If you haven’t opted-in to emails from ArenaNet, and want to check if you were invited, log in, go to My Account on this page (immediately below your display name in the upper right) and then check “Game Content.” Or click this link. If you see “GW2-PTT” offered, then you’re invited. Feel free to download and join in!

Attachments:

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

I would love to play it! Unfortunately I did not get invited this time. Will there be another before release?

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

If a WvW focused player gets an invite can you please post feed back somewhere on the forum?

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: Dethl.2875

Dethl.2875

If you were in a previous beta, chances are pretty good that you still have access despite not getting an email.

Either that or my friends and I got ignored by the email fairy.

some server who knows
Foolsworn (M) | Dehtl (M) | Iofo (G) | Foolburt (W) | Fooloop (T)
Fools Foolentine (EN) | Fooliqi (EL) | Fooniols (N) | Foylshen (R )

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Gaile,

Some people in the Desert BL map have stated that they have access but have not gotten the email. I asked the people that stated this if they checked their spam folder but they also checked their spam folders.

If there is to be another Desert BL test, other than the shield generator feature, the sending out of emails should be looked into.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

Posted by: obastable.5231

obastable.5231

Gaile,

Some people in the Desert BL map have stated that they have access but have not gotten the email. I asked the people that stated this if they checked their spam folder but they also checked their spam folders.

If there is to be another Desert BL test, other than the shield generator feature, the sending out of emails should be looked into.

Yeah, out of over 2 dozen people in my Guild that we know for sure (now, thanks to this PSA by Anet) only 3 of us got email notifications and we are ALL signed up for them.

So that’s the bulk of one Guild at least, in its entirety, that has missed 2/3rds of this stress test. How many others?

I’m pretty sure they KNOW now that something isn’t working right, otherwise they wouldn’t be reminding people about the beta. I was playing in it for HOURS and barely saw anyone else, either team mate or enemy.

Hello Kitty Krewe
“Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare!”

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I’m in a WvW focused with 400 members. Between the guild list, my friends list, and my blocked list, I see a total of zero people in the new map.

Either this is a cluster of a stress test or people got bored really quickly.

Posted by: Bettik.4982

Bettik.4982

I don’t think people got bored – they just didn’t know about it – that was certainly true in my (WvW oriented) guild. I didn’t get an email but did get the client download option, so only a few of us ended up being able to play…

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

I guess it would be cool if in a 2 day stress test, just downloading the client didn’t take practically on entire day… ok well it looks like it will only take around 3 hours, I got home started the download and my window of opportunity to play will be basically done before it’s even downloaded… good job on the invites and download servers.

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Yea I think people who were in the last stress test don’t realize they are able to play in this one too. I want to see how this map plays with a big zerg rolling around.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Posted by: wrong.1950

wrong.1950

Unfortunately, it only downloads an .exe file. While this can be good, it is not going to work on my mac version.

Posted by: Trecksack.1385

Trecksack.1385

Missed it too. How long does it take to download? I have 2,5 hours time left after work this evening.

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

Missed it too. How long does it take to download? I have 2,5 hours time left after work this evening.

To get to “playable” is about 8 gb. I’ve downloaded only that stuff then played, you’ll need to download only the maps after that. So it depends how long it takes to download 8gb

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Delete it. The test ended 9/10/15 at 11am PDT.

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

Great i was invited, not so great, the client downloaded with 2KB/s so i could not test anything. Please fix your stuff Anet.

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

(edited by draugris.9872)