API CDI 2015

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: Pat Cavit.9234

Previous

Pat Cavit.9234

Web Programming Lead

Next

I just merged the PR for the updates to /v2/floors (moving it under /v2/continents, adding lots of new selection functionality). Hoping to ship it next week sometime.

https://github.com/arenanet/api-cdi/pull/2

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: Kasima.8143

Kasima.8143

I would like something that would allow voice chat software like Teamspeak, Mumble or Ventrilo to interface with the game (or vice versa) to display who is talking, as well as display text chat in the chat pannel. Overwolf is nice, but it’s still very buggy and interacting with it freezes the controls ingame.

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I would like something that would allow voice chat software like Teamspeak, Mumble or Ventrilo to interface with the game (or vice versa) to display who is talking, as well as display text chat in the chat pannel. Overwolf is nice, but it’s still very buggy and interacting with it freezes the controls ingame.

There are other options available. This would not be associated with the Guild Wars 2 API.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: The Geil.8605

The Geil.8605

Timestamps for when an account is finishing an achievement would be pretty nice for creating timelines on an account. If we’ll get access to what loot people get, then a timestamp for those would also be appreciated.

Seafarer’s Rest – Get off Me [LAND]
GW2.Ninja – Tickets.GW2.Ninja – Collections.GW2.Ninja – Directory.GW2.Ninja
Want a GW2.Link shortlink? Send me an in-game message.

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: aRestless.6213

aRestless.6213

Due to the current Overwolf App Contest… is there a (rough) ETA or priorization for the upcoming API functionality? I could start implementing without the API up and running as long as I knew that the functionality would come within the time frame of the contest.

Never lose track of your friends again, with Who’s Talking for Overwolf

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: Lawton Campbell

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

Due to the current Overwolf App Contest… is there a (rough) ETA or priorization for the upcoming API functionality? I could start implementing without the API up and running as long as I knew that the functionality would come within the time frame of the contest.

My informal roadmap basically looks like this:

1. Get the OAuth2 application registration bits deployed.
(1.5. Pat’s /v2/continents additions.)
2. /v2/account/bank, /v2/account/materials.
3. /v2/commerce/transactions.
4. /v2/characters.

So, basically all authenticated endpoints which aren’t really useful within the scope of a desktop application. No timeline for those, but that’s the general order they’ll probably happen in. The other endpoints I’m working on still need a bunch of manual verification (looking at /v2/skills, there’s a lot of wonky stuff still coming out of my current implementation) or are otherwise still in a half-implemented proof-of-concept state.

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Would /v2/characters expose everything that we currently see in the character select screen?

That would be …

• Order most recently played
  • Level/Race/Class
  • Represented guild
  • % Map Completion
  • Last location
  • World (presumably for if a character is guesting? Not sure, I never really guest)

It would be useful to me to see which guilds an account belong to, having the guilds each character is representing may not give a full list but it would be something I could work with.

I’ve also had some ideas about how I could use the name of the character they are currently playing, and order of most recent play would achieve that.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

Would /v2/characters expose everything that we currently see in the character select screen?

That would be …

• Level/Race/Class
  • Represented guild
  • % Map Completion
  • Last location
  • World (presumably for if a character is guesting? Not sure, I never really guest)

It would be useful to me to see which guilds an account belong to, having the guilds each character is representing may not give a full list but it would be something I could work with.

I’ve also had some ideas about how I could use the name of the character they are currently playing, and order of most recent play would achieve that.

I haven’t written up the RFC for /v2/characters (should probably do that today so we can get some eyes on it), but briefly — no order, yes level/race/class, probably rep’d guild, no % map completion, no last location, no last guested. There’s a bunch of other stuff in there like current equipment, inventory items, etc., that’ll make it useful at first for some applications.

This doesn’t preclude those features from ever being added, they just aren’t attributes that are currently pulled out of the character data on our side yet (and it takes awhile to make and deploy changes to the code that parses character data, unfortunately).

EDIT: In addition to recently played, time played per character would be nice as well (also perhaps deaths, heh).

(edited by Lawton Campbell.8517)

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: Alaska II.5819

Alaska II.5819

Is there anything that allows to pull outgoing damage? Like how much damage you are dealing to an enemy, everything (flat damage, condis) included. Possibly pull data from the combat data that’s already implemented as a chat option?

If not, that would be something nice to have.

Also, a way to pull transaction history (past buys and sells) from the trading post would be neat as well.

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

That would be …

• Level/Race/Class
  • Represented guild
  • % Map Completion
  • Last location

I haven’t written up the RFC for /v2/characters (should probably do that today so we can get some eyes on it), but briefly — no order, yes level/race/class, probably rep’d guild, no % map completion, no last location, no last guested. There’s a bunch of other stuff in there like current equipment, inventory items, etc., that’ll make it useful at first for some applications.

This doesn’t preclude those features from ever being added, they just aren’t attributes that are currently pulled out of the character data on our side yet (and it takes awhile to make and deploy changes to the code that parses character data, unfortunately).

EDIT: In addition to recently played, time played per character would be nice as well (also perhaps deaths, heh).

For guild-related things probably better to keep both list of guilds and currently represented one (basically “which guilds character is in” and “right now represented blah”).

This way an overlay can show all guild activities at once (i.e. “Guild A is doing rush” “Guild B activated +5 transport buff” etc)

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: Dr Ishmael.9685

Dr Ishmael.9685

Is there anything that allows to pull outgoing damage? Like how much damage you are dealing to an enemy, everything (flat damage, condis) included. Possibly pull data from the combat data that’s already implemented as a chat option?

The devs have stated repeatedly that they do not have access to real-time data. All of the API’s data is cached and usually at least 5 minutes old.

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

The devs have stated repeatedly that they do not have access to real-time data. All of the API’s data is cached and usually at least 5 minutes old.

I think this kind of thing (exporting chat/combat logs) should be handled directly by the client.

Either a real-time stream or a slash command to save the log.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: Alaska II.5819

Alaska II.5819

It didn’t have to be real time, just seeing the data from 5 minutes ago would be really helpful.

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

For guild-related things probably better to keep both list of guilds and currently represented one (basically “which guilds character is in” and “right now represented blah”).

This way an overlay can show all guild activities at once (i.e. “Guild A is doing rush” “Guild B activated +5 transport buff” etc)

The currently represented one is stored per-character in the character data, so I was going to put it in /v2/characters rather than /v2/account.

I think this kind of thing (exporting chat/combat logs) should be handled directly by the client.

Either a real-time stream or a slash command to save the log.

Yeah, the client has a wealth of data available to it that we don’t; I’m not even sure how we’d go about exposing that (or what the process for getting it implemented would be). While it’s definitely something I’d like to expose, it’s realistically not going to be in any time soon :/

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: rodadams.5963

rodadams.5963

Trying to keep this fairly concise:

https://github.com/arenanet/api-cdi/commit/c0aa094cebd52d1c9ce5040825be900e011ec3d9
Bank:

• Transmuted to a new skin?
  • Is soulbound/account bound? (can change from base item)
  • If soulbound, to whom?
  • Uses left on harvesting tools/salvage kit.
  • If armor, is damaged/broken?

https://github.com/arenanet/api-cdi/commit/5fe9d1470f54e7fcbeb36c2c635217f55aa1ec7b
Commerce:

• You have created timestamp, how about filled?
  • Any tracking for cancelled orders?
  • Have the gold/items been collected? (should I log in to grab my fat loot?)
  • Perhaps walk through what we’d see if we post a buy order for 250 ecto, 150 fill in various sized batches, and we then cancel the remaining order of 100.

https://github.com/arenanet/api-cdi/commit/7224da8e3c930f9635a902ce9f2592b34fb038b9
Skills:

• Without information like cooldown, aftercast, damage, boons, conditions, target type, number of targets, range, etc. the utility of this endpoint will be very limited.
  • Will ‘categories’ be canonical in determining which traits can mutate it? I could see Phantasmal Berserker have several categories to support trait processing: “phantasm”, “illusion”, “greatsword”. Having the client build this list from “weapon_type” and a hierarchy of categories seems expensive and error prone. Exactly what does the Shrapnel trait apply to again?

How far down your list is /v2/account/wallet?

Will I have a server side portal to review and revoke security tokens?

(edited by rodadams.5963)

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

https://github.com/arenanet/api-cdi/commit/c0aa094cebd52d1c9ce5040825be900e011ec3d9
Bank:

• Transmuted to a new skin?
  • Is soulbound/account bound? (can change from base item)
  • If soulbound, to whom?
  • Uses left on harvesting tools/salvage kit.
  • If armor, is damaged/broken?

IIRC, transmuted skins and charges show up (I’ll update the PR with the serializations). Binding and armor damage does not, and likely will not for the initial release. I’ll thread those through the pipeline and add them in later.

https://github.com/arenanet/api-cdi/commit/5fe9d1470f54e7fcbeb36c2c635217f55aa1ec7b
Commerce:

• You have created timestamp, how about filled?
  • Any tracking for cancelled orders?
  • Have the gold/items been collected? (should I log in to grab my fat loot?)
  • Perhaps walk through what we’d see if we post a buy order for 250 ecto, 150 fill in various sized batches, and we then cancel the remaining order of 100.

Filled dates are in there, I’ll update the PR with the serialization. Cancelled orders are, IIRC, deleted wholly by the trade engine so there’s no way to get any record of them on my side (you’d have to track that on the application side). Pending gold/items work through a separate system that we currently have no insight into, so that’s not going to make it for the initial pass.

I’ll create the walkthrough you requested on Monday.

https://github.com/arenanet/api-cdi/commit/7224da8e3c930f9635a902ce9f2592b34fb038b9
Skills:

• Without information like cooldown, aftercast, damage, boons, conditions, target type, number of targets, range, etc. the utility of this endpoint will be very limited.
  • Will ‘categories’ be canonical in determining which traits can mutate it? I could see Phantasmal Berserker have several categories to support trait processing: “phantasm”, “illusion”, “greatsword”. Having the client build this list from “weapon_type” and a hierarchy of categories seems expensive and error prone. Exactly what does the Shrapnel trait apply to again?

I’m intentionally omitting any skill attributes which can be modified by traits for exactly the reasons you mentioned — it needs to be clear exactly how traits modify skills. I have a couple of different serializations in mind, but want to hold off for a bit on posting them (too many other pots on the stove).

Rest assured, I want the returned data to be clear both ways — a skill should indicate that “trait 45 increases range to 1200” and the corresponding trait should indicate that it “modifies skills 14, 42 and 45”.

How far down your list is /v2/account/wallet?

Not terribly far.

Will I have a server side portal to review and revoke security tokens?

Yes.

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: Archomeda.6472

Archomeda.6472

Is it viable to have an API endpoint of the gem store itself? What I have in mind, is exposing the current available items with at least their prices, discount and deadline (maybe something more that I’m currently forgetting). This way people can provide automatic gold -> gem conversion costs for the gem store items (just an example use case I came up with at the moment).

Just to make myself clear: I’m not asking for providing a way to buy stuff with the API, just if providing the read-only data from the gem store is possible.

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Previous

Pat Cavit.9234

Web Programming Lead

Next

It’s possible, we’d have to discuss with the team responsible for the listings what filtering (if any) would need to happen to that data though. Worth adding to the backlog as a low-priority item, thanks!

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: smiley.1438

smiley.1438

This may be a little off topic, but https://hom.guildwars2.com/character/Lady%20Mimikry please?

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Archomeda.6472

It’s possible, we’d have to discuss with the team responsible for the listings what filtering (if any) would need to happen to that data though. Worth adding to the backlog as a low-priority item, thanks!

Cool ^^ thanks for the answer.

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Oh my, oh my! I didn’t know this CDI was happening in github! I’ve added a comment there.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: Wilz.8461

Wilz.8461

Hi,

I haven’t read everything in details about the new api but I don’t think this was mentioned.

• Would it be possible to have the list of ingredients on items that can be crafted, even Mystic forge recipes like legendaries or exotic weapons (i.e infinite light, mjolnir, etc…) ?
    This information is on the wiki but not in the API.
  • afaik, the vendor price when selling the item is included in /v2/items but not the vendor price when buying the item (if buyable from the vendor)

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

• Would it be possible to have the list of ingredients on items that can be crafted, even Mystic forge recipes like legendaries or exotic weapons (i.e infinite light, mjolnir, etc…) ?
    This information is on the wiki but not in the API.

Not in the forseeable future. Refer to this thread.

• afaik, the vendor price when selling the item is included in /v2/items but not the vendor price when buying the item (if buyable from the vendor)

There are some technical difficulties that prevent this from being feasible. More discussion in this thread.

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Archomeda.6472

I’ve got a small question, and I’m sure it has been brought up many times before, but I can’t find it at the moment.

Regarding the /v2/maps endpoint, is it possible to add a map_type entry for each map? With possible values like: city, dungeon, personal_story, living_story, instance, pvp, wvw. Or at least a way to separate instances from “normal” maps.

My reasoning is that, previously, with /v1/map_names.json, it would only return the major maps plus some random maps like the Crown Pavillion. This way I could “easily” identify which maps are actually maps and not instances. Granted, I was still missing the cities, but I could add those ids manually without much effort. However, at some day in the past (don’t know when), that endpoint got changed to include every map. So, my nice effort to get the major map boundaries is now a major disaster as I don’t know an automated way to separate maps by type other than this non-working workaround.

Also, now that I see this, I’ve got another question. Why are most instances located in Steamspur Mountains instead of their correct respective region? For example, map 1006 – Foefire Cleansing is clearly an instance from living story season 2 and is located in Plains of Ashford – Ascalon, yet it is tagged as Steamspur Mountains.

Also, using brackets in link titles doesn’t work on the forums apparently, had to resort to use dashes instead…

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: boomboompow.6185

boomboompow.6185

Would it be possible to add Daily Achievements to the API?

At the moment all Daily Achievements can be calculated as they are dependant on the day of the month but it would be great to have a RESTful API for this if/when it changes with future releases.

Edit: If this is coming with the /account endpoint then all the better

(edited by boomboompow.6185)

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: Tanis.5134

Tanis.5134

I was hoping by now to see official proposals related to the upcoming changes to WvW. Objectives will all be wrong, and anyone using the tile service currently has no idea which continent and floor to use. It would be great if we could start consuming the v2 WvW endpoints prior to the release of HoT to ensure that everything is working well.

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Valento.9852

I think I’ve scared Lawton. No posts since my last post on skills CDI. ;_;

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

Sorry sorry! Been busy working to implement everything!

Soon I’ll be busy deploying everything

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Valento.9852

Sorry sorry! Been busy working to implement everything!

Soon I’ll be busy deploying everything

No problem! I hope you have time to read the posts. Keep up the great work, sir!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Lookin’ good guys! The transaction endpoint sounds fantastic

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: Teranas.6150

Teranas.6150

I added a new proposal that may enables us to request players ingame mails.

Please let me know what you think.

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: Strategist.6132

Strategist.6132

It’s been a month ago! Sorry for bumping this post:P I was just wondering: What is the state of the Skills and Trait API?

I’ve already seen it being mentioned before but I really think the following API could be useful:

- Account/PvP/ where you can gather statistics on the matches won and against / with who. This way people could check on their previous matches and for example check out other players statistics and things. Maybe this would also be a good way to upgrade PvP with a new better-looking leaderboard?

I am not sure how hard it is though but I really think it would improve the community!

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Previous

Pat Cavit.9234

Web Programming Lead

Next

It’s been a month ago! Sorry for bumping this post:P I was just wondering: What is the state of the Skills and Trait API?

I’ve already seen it being mentioned before but I really think the following API could be useful:

- Account/PvP/ where you can gather statistics on the matches won and against / with who. This way people could check on their previous matches and for example check out other players statistics and things. Maybe this would also be a good way to upgrade PvP with a new better-looking leaderboard?

I am not sure how hard it is though but I really think it would improve the community!

RE: /v2/skills what progress there is can be tracked here: https://github.com/arenanet/api-cdi/pull/5

It’s slowed down some as skills/traits are very complicated to represent and we’ve been focusing on things that can ship sooner and at a higher quality level.

RE: PVP endpoint. This is something we’re looking at soon, some of the data we’d want to expose already exists. A PR w/ a suggested format & data you’re interested in would be a great help in terms of giving some direction on what that API could look like.

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Strategist.6132

Alright Pat! Thanks for the quick response! I will try to make a PR somewhere this midday if I don’t forget! I am a bit new to Github so I will try to be careful, but please forgive me if I mess things up.

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Wait… is this the thread where we ask for future DirectX 12 implementation, or whatever other optimizations are required to allow kitten ,000 PC to get above 15 FPS at Claw of Jormag?

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: smiley.1438

smiley.1438

Wait… is this the thread where we ask for future DirectX 12 implementation, or whatever other optimizations are required to allow kitten ,000 PC to get above 15 FPS at Claw of Jormag?

no.

You may ask in the suggestions subforum. While you’re at it, please ask for a 64bit client which supports more than one cpu core…

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Strategist.6132

I created the new PR regarding /v2/spvp/matches. I hope I didn’t break / forget something:P

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: zyph.9426

zyph.9426

With the possibility of authentication there ought to be some guild-roster-api, but i don’t know how this should be implemented. Obviously there should be a setting in the ingame privileges tab like “API-Access” which grants those rights to a specivic guild group.

Probably not going to be an in-game opt-in for this. Anyone in the guild can already see the roster in-game, so it doesn’t make sense to hide the roster from them out-of-game.

i would be really excited about a possibility to have guild chat outside of the game too, maybe somewhat like twitch allows to connect to their irc: http://help.twitch.tv/customer/en/portal/articles/1302780-twitch-irc

Out-of-game guild chat is definitely something I want to have, but we haven’t really settled on a protocol for it yet. XMPP, IRC and “something custom with HTTP+SSE” have all been tossed around as potentials but it’s not immediately clear which is most advantageous to implement. As far as interoperability with existing clients, IRC’s probably the winner (though it’s a horrible mess of a protocol).

Go with your own protocol. People are doing chatrooms with Node.js and socket.io ever since it released. WebSockets is a nice TCP/IP wrapper and is supported on all major browsers. Its easy to write against it so I can see client apps being developed around it too. If you limit the messages to 128 bytes, you won’t have to ever implement the protocol chunking, which saves you loads of work.

IRC is older than me (I’m 24 years old), it is time to let it go xD

WebSockets usability info: http://caniuse.com/#feat=websockets

Agreed. IIRC/XMPP are dead. And agree on websockets as well. Clients will pop up everywhere if this api is realized. But the complexity in making it real will be in the logic around guild/party/map/team channel area, and not in the passing of messages once the user is in a channel. I could see the channels materialize as separate rest endpoints and leverage the API key for authentication. But the authorization part is the sticky bit.

For example, if I’m not logged into the game and not repping a guild, what chat channel do it get access to? I’m not on a map so /m channel is out, etc… Is it only available if you’re in a guild? Just lots of things to be worked out I think.

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: MentalFS.2589

MentalFS.2589

Out-of-game guild chat is definitely something I want to have, but we haven’t really settled on a protocol for it yet. XMPP, IRC and “something custom with HTTP+SSE” have all been tossed around as potentials but it’s not immediately clear which is most advantageous to implement. As far as interoperability with existing clients, IRC’s probably the winner (though it’s a horrible mess of a protocol).

Go with your own protocol. People are doing chatrooms with Node.js and socket.io ever since it released. WebSockets is a nice TCP/IP wrapper and is supported on all major browsers.

Agreed. IIRC/XMPP are dead. And agree on websockets as well. Clients will pop up everywhere if this api is realized.

I wouldn’t say they’re dead, but I also don’t think they should be forcefully used as a gateway. Most services that offer IRC or XMPP access do that because they use those as their underlying backbone. Twitch and Facebook/Google Talk comes to mind here. But with Facebook/Google you can also see where this leads: Their services moved away from the old backends and they had to build gateways for backward compability. Facebook already ditched that and Google lets the gateway rot until everyone is glad when they pull the plug.

Assuming Guild Wars 2 is not using an XMPP or IRC server internally, it would start out as a gateway, with all the horrible choices about how to represent things in that protocoll. And while one could hope that lots of clients would work out of the box, a lot will have their problems because of some tiny unwritten or hard to find rules between all those RFC, XEP and stuff that’s always copied from other clients implementations.

Ironically, the first thing to do would be to implement a proper API first and then create a gateway around it. So the best choice would be to omit the gateway building part, make an own API with whatever technology that’s preferred and let the community do the rest. If there’s demand, there will be lots of things popping up: libpurple plugins, plugins for other multi chat clients, Jabber transports, IRC gateways/bitlbee plugins and of cause clients that directly use the API.

Let the bards sing and the skaalds proclaim her glorious name forever[…]: Apatia!

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Would it be possible to add map completion status and currently selected storyline to the character details API?

I did notice that the character select screen now shows crafting professions, but we still can’t show map completion!

API CDI 2015

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Would it be possible to add map completion status and currently selected storyline to the character details API?

It’s definitely something that can be done, but I haven’t started on it yet.