Adding Karma Cost to Items API

in API Development

Posted by: AfterXII.2761

AfterXII.2761

Hey guys,

Great work on letting the items from vendors (and elsewhere not before obtainable via API) begin to flow into the items API. My updater scripts have been pulling in new IDs all night.

Is it possible to add a karma cost as a field in your items API? I’d like to make a nice karma to gold tool :P

Sincerely,
RebornGeek

http://gw2shinies.com/ – A Guild Wars 2 Trading Post Service
http://gw2tno.com/ – The Nameless Ones [TNO]

in API Development

Posted by: Lawton Campbell

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

A vendor API that displays the inventory, prices and location of vendors is definitely something discussed, but it’s a bit of a nightmare to implement. There’s a bunch of vendors that aren’t player-accessible and they’re not easily distinguished from normal vendors. Like that Skritt merchant in the Mad King’s Labyrinth whose inventory displayed the stocks of Halloween skins for the raffle.

It might be more feasible if we consider only heart vendors, but I’d have to look to see if they’re easily enumerated.

tl;dr it’s on the books but towards the back of the queue.

in API Development

AfterXII.2761

A vendor API that displays the inventory, prices and location of vendors is definitely something discussed, but it’s a bit of a nightmare to implement. There’s a bunch of vendors that aren’t player-accessible and they’re not easily distinguished from normal vendors. Like that Skritt merchant in the Mad King’s Labyrinth whose inventory displayed the stocks of Halloween skins for the raffle.

It might be more feasible if we consider only heart vendors, but I’d have to look to see if they’re easily enumerated.

tl;dr it’s on the books but towards the back of the queue.

Noted, thanks Lawton.

in API Development

Posted by: darthmaim.6017

darthmaim.6017

Great work on letting the items from vendors (and elsewhere not before obtainable via API) begin to flow into the items API. My updater scripts have been pulling in new IDs all night.

Huh? I only had 2 new items in the last few days?

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

Huh? I only had 2 new items in the last few days?

Yeah, uhh, I haven’t turned those bits on yet. They shouldn’t even be on live yet.

>____>

EDIT: Yeah, double-checked. They’re not on live yet. All’s right with the world.

in API Development

AfterXII.2761

Hmmm my mistake, either way my scripts observed new ids coming into the api like:

https://www.gw2shinies.com/item/70222

A much higher item ID than what was previously stored. So naturally, I assumed you were green-lighting IDs that were once hidden.

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

I’m not sure why, but for a lot of items there appear to be duplicate item definitions? They appear to be effectively the same but have a different id. No idea why they exist, but players probably have them (since they pop up in my whitelist) so I normally push ’em through.

As a good example: the 1-year and 2-year level 20 birthday scrolls. They’re effectively the same item, but they don’t stack because they have a different id. >_<

in API Development

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m not sure why, but for a lot of items there appear to be duplicate item definitions? They appear to be effectively the same but have a different id. No idea why they exist, but players probably have them (since they pop up in my whitelist) so I normally push ’em through.

As a good example: the 1-year and 2-year level 20 birthday scrolls. They’re effectively the same item, but they don’t stack because they have a different id. >_<

A lot of people have noticed the same thing: stuff that seems like it should stack but doesn’t due to multiple IDs. Tons of people notice the birthday scrolls. Less talked about are the identically named champion bags, e.g. the wiki identifies over a dozen exotic versions of the Fallen Adventurer’s Backpack (plus non-exotic varieties as well). It seems that they should have different names, if they point to different loot tables, or have the same item ID if they use the same tables.

There are similar examples for found gear versus vendor gear versus karma gear: same item name and different IDs, since each have different values of salvageable, tradeable, and salable.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in API Development

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

Partially because the rules have changed? Some items were “account bound” others “account bound on acquire” and sometimes certain items auto-convert if you put them in your character inventory and swap maps (and then they stack )

Speaking of karma cost — another bonus difficulty would be character-level specific price. In certain cases (weapon selling NPC in wvw, for example), cost of items is less if you are on character below level 80

in API Development

Posted by: The Ice Mage.4879

The Ice Mage.4879

I guess it’s certainly not your department but, could you pass it on and see if there’s any chance of a fix for that lol? Kinda silly having those scrolls take up two spaces.

in API Development

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

There’s another type of scroll that looks identical but doesn’t stack, so I’ve got three stacks of these things in my bank.

A more paranoid person would say it’s a conspiracy to sell bank space!

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Personally, I’d find it more believable if it were a conspiracy to sell character slots.

in API Development

Posted by: smiley.1438

smiley.1438

Personally, I’d find it more believable if it were a conspiracy to sell character slots.

Yup, exactly that. Thick leather was invented to sell bank tabs…