Any API update for WvW Skirmishing?

in API Development

Posted by: Jirayu.5834

Jirayu.5834

I’m writing a web app that will log wvw score and automatically create a weekly report (just for fun) but since Anet is going to implement Skirmishing to wvw which will have another “Victory Score” in the data.

I’ve checked wiki for API respond. it still return only War Score and say nothing about victory score.

Will the API update to support this? Can I have sample data? so I can start implementing it and make it work by reset.

Thank you.

Worst NSP Ranger
Thai Guild Wars 2 Fansite: https://tyria.in.th

in API Development

Posted by: chaly.7638

chaly.7638

Hi,

same here: an extension for the new world-vs-world scores would be really great. I guess this is an issue for everyone providing a fanwebsite for wvw (e.g. mos-millenium and many others) including our matchup status for our Teamspeak community.

Cheers,
Chaly

in API Development

Posted by: Oxylus.7985

Oxylus.7985

Interested in this as well. I guess we can drive victory points by calculating the winners ourselves on the same time period, but I fear this is racy on close skirmishes (i.e. clock synch problem). Best would be if Anet provided the authoritative VPs directly.

in API Development

Posted by: fro.8967

fro.8967

Please do the needful!

in API Development

Posted by: chaly.7638

chaly.7638

Not only on close matchups but also for our users a self calculated approach won’t be an option. Ppl interested in apps/ websites aren’t interested in semi-correct matchup data, regardless of whether it even shows a wrong matchup winner or not.

Cheers

in API Development

Jirayu.5834

Interested in this as well. I guess we can drive victory points by calculating the winners ourselves on the same time period, but I fear this is racy on close skirmishes (i.e. clock synch problem). Best would be if Anet provided the authoritative VPs directly.

If we are going to calculate v score ourself, we gonna need to scrap API every 2 hours to calculate the different score between each skirmish. Since API still returning only total war score.

Yeah anet need to implement this into API. Give us data about v score and skirmish war score alongside with total war score

Worst NSP Ranger

(edited by Jirayu.5834)

in API Development

Posted by: Shtra Quo.1932

Shtra Quo.1932

Since the API needs an update anyway, perhaps you could also add an skirmish-history for the current matchup?
If it’s to heavy for the Details-Call perhaps add a new endpoint? Something like wvw/matches/2-1/history?

Freck – You’ve been desolated!

in API Development

Posted by: Lawton Campbell

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

History probably won’t happen, but I’ll be working on making backend changes this week to support skirmishes. They won’t be ready for the next release; shooting for the one after.

History outside of the current matchup is unlikely to happen, unfortunately.

in API Development

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Without a full history, would it be possible to include the war score of the previous skirmish (including kill/death breakdowns)? That way we don’t have to try and catch it just before it switches over to the next one.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

I’m still reviewing the implementation bits for the skirmish stuff, but by my reading the API should be able to expose the skirmish results for all skirmishes within the current match. I can’t make any guarantees yet though, still in the reading phase and haven’t written a line of code yet :/

Timeline-wise, definitely won’t be with the next release. Hoping to make the one after next, but it’s going to be a bit tight time-wise. I’ll keep you guys up-to-date when I have more concrete data about the implementation progress (including more specifics about what the updated endpoints will/can expose).

in API Development

fro.8967

Do you happen to have any new info or a release date for the Skirmish changes?

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

It should be ready with the next release.

Meant to have it in for this one, but the implementation turned out to be fairly complex and I slipped the cutoff date by a few days

in API Development

fro.8967

Awesome thanks! Is there any preview of what the new structure will be like?

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

Uhh, that reminds me — I still need to write the frontend bits for it. Here’s what I’m thinking — let me know if there’s a better structure.

Unfortunately, because kills/deaths are tracked in a totally separate system (that has no persistent storage) I haven’t been able to add those into the skirmish data — but the scores at skirmish end (for all skirmishes in the match) are in there.

in API Development

Jirayu.5834

That looks great!

Anyway, I’d suggest to add skirmish start/end (or just one) into each skirmish. I know I can calculate time at my end. but I ‘d love to see it comes with API. (TBH, I’m too lazy to calculate it myself.)

Worst NSP Ranger

in API Development

Posted by: Drant.5902

Drant.5902

Can objective upgrades/tier be included? Like the three little gray shields over the tower icon. I don’t think this can simply be computed using the last_flipped time, because upgrades are dependent on the number of dolyaks that makes it alive to the objective.

in API Development

Posted by: Bjyoric Orcstone.1728

Bjyoric Orcstone.1728

That looks great!

Anyway, I’d suggest to add skirmish start/end (or just one) into each skirmish. I know I can calculate time at my end. but I ‘d love to see it comes with API. (TBH, I’m too lazy to calculate it myself.)

The skirmish_end_time is provided. You are always in the current skirmish and the end time tells you how long there is until the next skirmish. What would you need a skirmish start time for? It’s in the past and can’t help your team. You know later skirmishs will be starting a fixed time from the skirmish_end_time. Just really curious about the use.

in API Development

fro.8967

He’s asking for the purpose of displaying skirmish history. Much simpler to output skirmish.start_time and skirmish.end_time rather than calculating them all out based on the current skirmish end time.

in API Development

Posted by: Julian.7532

Julian.7532

any update? Thought it would be in the patch yesterday.

in API Development

Posted by: Svafa.3098

Svafa.3098

Hi everyone,i’d like to have some news about the API’s update ? I think i’v not find yet skirmishes data is that right ? Do we have a release date ?

Thanks for the tremendous work done !

in API Development

Posted by: Jargus the Veiled.9367

Jargus the Veiled.9367

I looked today (11/16/2016) and the current API still doesn’t seem expose the skirmish scores. I’m working on an app and am interested in this updates release date. The current reporting directly impedes my ability to release with a direct, accurate accounting of the current match scoring schema to my users.

Thanks in advance.

in API Development

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

The API does not get developed any further at the moment (Lawton if gone again for an unknown amount of time again, probably months), so it can take a long time until the skirmish stuff gets implemented.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in API Development

Jirayu.5834

Right now ANet just give different score for different objective tier.

If I understand correctly, There is no way to determine objective tier from API, right?

Worst NSP Ranger

in API Development

Posted by: thetoothpick.4028

thetoothpick.4028

Right now ANet just give different score for different objective tier.

If I understand correctly, There is no way to determine objective tier from API, right?

Correct.

https://github.com/arenanet/api-cdi/issues/118

Fair Winds
Ehmry Bay Stock Exchange [EBAY] (Ehmry Bay)
http://wuvoverlay.codeplex.com/

in API Development

Posted by: I Am Dansker.7105

I Am Dansker.7105

Any update on this?
Not to hurry you or anything, just wondering ^^

Far Shiverpeaks

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

I’ve had to roll it back on stage because I am a terrible programmer and it kept crashing.

Then I had to roll it back again since there were further issues causing it to crash.

Then, in the second rollback I did something wrong and the rollback propagated further down then it should have.

Long story short I missed the cutoff for the next release but I’m really hopeful that the release after will be the strongest castle in all of Tyria.

in API Development

Posted by: DragonHeart.7201

DragonHeart.7201

I’ve had to roll it back on stage because I am a terrible programmer and it kept crashing.

Then I had to roll it back again since there were further issues causing it to crash.

Then, in the second rollback I did something wrong and the rollback propagated further down then it should have.

Long story short I missed the cutoff for the next release but I’m really hopeful that the release after will be the strongest castle in all of Tyria.

Your first 3 lines are going to look lovely on your resumé.

in API Development

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

I just want to bump this up again for a reminder that this still needs to be done. I’m right now in the mist of making a script that displays/processes WvW data and it would make my(and probably many others) job easier if we can get this out.

Thanks.

in API Development

Posted by: Eearslya.6309

Eearslya.6309

I just want to bump this up again for a reminder that this still needs to be done. I’m right now in the mist of making a script that displays/processes WvW data and it would make my(and probably many others) job easier if we can get this out.

Thanks.

victory_points are already exposed in the API (once it comes back up).

Blackgate
Harbinger Tryssa – Revenant

in API Development

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

Thanks.

is this new? Because as far as I can find on any site (wiki,forums,all wvw sites) they all say its not exposed.

in API Development

Posted by: Eearslya.6309

Eearslya.6309

Thanks.

is this new? Because as far as I can find on any site (wiki,forums,all wvw sites) they all say its not exposed.

Got pushed out 3/16, but the API fell over shortly afterwards, so I’m guessing nobody had the time to update code.

gitter ref

Blackgate
Harbinger Tryssa – Revenant

in API Development

Posted by: Anhim.3156

Anhim.3156

It is new (from last week), and the wiki definitely shows it. Check again: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/API:2/wvw/matches

in API Development

Posted by: Drant.5902

Drant.5902

If you want API news, check these places (by order of recency):

1. https://gitter.im/arenanet/api-cdi – Live chat with API devs
2. https://api.guildwars2.com/v2 – Shows live endpoints
3. https://github.com/arenanet/api-cdi/commits/master – Update notes by ArenaNet programmers

The wiki is reliable but would probably be chronologically the last place to be updated.

in API Development

Posted by: Anhim.3156

Anhim.3156

Since the wiki pulls the info from one of the 3 sources above, can confirm wiki will be no earlier than #4 on that list.

in API Development

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

So I noticed victory points were added to wvw/matches endpoint but not wvw/matches/scores is there a reason for this? Also isn’t the warscore a pointless thing to have considering its victory points being fed into glicko2. Are we going to get victory points tied into scores within the API?

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

(edited by MaLeVoLenT.8129)

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

So I noticed victory points were added to wvw/matches endpoint but not wvw/matches/scores is there a reason for this? Also isn’t the warscore a pointless thing to have considering its victory points being fed into glicko2. Are we going to get victory points tied into scores within the API?

The omission from wvw/matches/scores is a bug. Tracking issue. Overall warscore might be semi-pointless, but I don’t want to break backwards compat. Once .skirmishes is available, you’ll be able to pull the current skirmish warscore.