Can't the find the right API for even timers.

in API Development

Posted by: Tigra.6495

Tigra.6495

Hello, i’m creating event timers for my guild.
I’m trying to look for the right api that gives to me acces to the countdown.
https://api.guildwars2.com/v1/events.json?world_id=1001

Is disabled for some reason or i might just be looking at wrong place or doing something wrong.

in API Development

Posted by: Tigra.6495

Tigra.6495

Nevermind i see that i can use wiki for that ^^.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

in API Development

Posted by: smiley.1438

smiley.1438

The event timers are static now. The /v1/events.json API has been disabled back when the megaservers were introduced.

in API Development

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

The event timers are static now. The /v1/events.json API has been disabled back when the megaservers were introduced.

We can type /ip to get our instance of a map, would be nice if we could feed that to the events API and get something like the old one.

Also, if we ever get an API that returns a characters location it could include that as well so that it would automatically show the correct instance of the map.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in API Development

Posted by: smiley.1438

smiley.1438

We can type /ip to get our instance of a map, would be nice if we could feed that to the events API and get something like the old one.

The event timers are static now.

This means there is no need at all for an endpoint. The event timers have been published in a blog post and are available on the wiki. Hardcode all the things!

in API Development

Posted by: Pat Cavit.9234

Pat Cavit.9234

Web Programming Lead

Next

We’ve got low-priority plans to offer an API endpoint for it, just for consistency’s sake. That way if the timers do ever change in content there’s an always-up-to-date version in a consistent spot providing machine-readable values.

Low, LOW priority though.

in API Development

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

The event timers are static now.

This means there is no need at all for an endpoint. The event timers have been published in a blog post and are available on the wiki. Hardcode all the things!

Perhaps you don’t remember, but the old events API listed all events on a map, not just world events.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in API Development

Posted by: Hot Sauce.2867

Hot Sauce.2867

We’ve got low-priority plans to offer an API endpoint for it, just for consistency’s sake. That way if the timers do ever change in content there’s an always-up-to-date version in a consistent spot providing machine-readable values.

Low, LOW priority though.

Completely out of curiosity here, but will the priority change after we start using the map-wide rewards system across central Tyria? (because completing events is a huge part of that)

Obviously with mega-servers there are challenges here that make the effort-to-value ratio not as enticing as it once was.

Not trying to push for it, but I am curious.

in API Development

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Did this already move up a little in priority? I rather make a timer based on the API then on basic times.

I don’t know if this is still true, but some time ago I noticed that many of the public timers often where not very accurate, so it looks like the timers in fact are not always as they should be. Getting the actual timers should solve that.

in API Development

Posted by: Lawton Campbell

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

I don’t know if this is still true, but some time ago I noticed that many of the public timers often where not very accurate, so it looks like the timers in fact are not always as they should be. Getting the actual timers should solve that.

I bet the accuracy is clock skew. If that’s the case, the official API will likely exhibit the same problem — the API servers are using a separate DC from the game servers to keep time sync’d.