HoT, new and old API

HoT, new and old API

in API Development

Posted by: DarkMagister.7429

DarkMagister.7429

I suspect, that with the HoT release, we will have a lot of new items, recipes and whatever added to API. However, I also suspect those things will not be available to those not upgrading to HoT.

Will there be anything to differentiate between “old” and “HoT” items in API answers? Or different endpoints.

HoT, new and old API

in API Development

Posted by: smiley.1438

smiley.1438

Why would you distinguish between these? These items aren’t available for players ingame, as well as anything else they haven’t unlocked. The items API is just a source of information about any item which has ever been equipped/unlocked (and more) which should of course be available to everyone without limitation (hello https://gw2treasures.com).
You could go one step further and add another endpoint under /v2/account which returns any item id which has ever been unlocked by this account (if thats possible in any way).

(edited by smiley.1438)

HoT, new and old API

in API Development

Posted by: Lawton Campbell

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

AFAIK there’s no way to distinguish between core and HoT items and recipes.

Additionally, we don’t have an index to see which items have been unlocked/discovered by which account. It’s something we could technically track (retroactively, even) but would be a lot of effort/time (probably a week to go through all of the existing logs) for little payoff.

HoT, new and old API

in API Development

smiley.1438

It was just a crazy idea, i guessed you’re tracking that somehow.

Oh, while we’re at it: is there something under /v2/account which lets us know the account type (f2p/basic/HoT)? Haven’t tracked that API in a while.

HoT, new and old API

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

Oh, while we’re at it: is there something under /v2/account which lets us know the account type (f2p/basic/HoT)? Haven’t tracked that API in a while.

It’s on the backlog :<

HoT, new and old API

in API Development

smiley.1438

Ah, thanks! ok, so it’s basically there.

HoT, new and old API

in API Development

DarkMagister.7429

Why would you distinguish between these?

I don’t plan to purchase HoT for now, I bet I’m not alone who will stay with a regular content for some time. I now make up a software, that acts much like spidy, proposing which items are profitable to craft now. I would like to prevent HoT items being taken into account, so that I see only items that I can work with.

If there is no such function planned, it looks like using an outdated lists of items and recipes will do the work.

Maybe add endpoints like “old_items” and “old_recipes” (maybe more, these just come up first) to contain just items, available for non-HoT users?

HoT, new and old API

in API Development

smiley.1438

I don’t plan to buy HoT either (does Anet offer development editions?) and still don’t understand the need. It’s not that these items don’t exist for basic and f2p players, they just don’t have direct access (hello GW1). They can see them, others can ping them in chat, i guess they can even buy the one or other HoT item on the AH once it’s live.
What you ask for is a completely account based thing – i mentioned ideas for solutions above, and as you see it’s not even possible to distinguish internally.

(edited by smiley.1438)

HoT, new and old API

in API Development

DarkMagister.7429

Well, then it depends on whether these item will be somehow available to us.
If I will be able to buy a recipe on the market for a HoT item – then it is just fine.
But if there will be new recipes (unlocked with sheets or discovery) that are present for HoT, but not present for us…

So is there any clarification on how it will be?

HoT, new and old API

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

So is there any clarification on how it will be?

I don’t know how recipes/discovery/etc will work in HoT. All I know is that there’s no way to determine which maps an item can be acquired on (without an insane amount of work, at least).