Immport prices from specific time?

in API Development

Posted by: DennisChrDk.9823

DennisChrDk.9823

Hey everone

So I plan on making some research on how the prices in the game fluctuate over time and I need to import it all into a spreadsheet. I already have some basic knowledge on how to import different things (I have a spreadsheet using gw2spidy atm). But what I need some help with is import the prices, but from certain times.

Is it possible to import the price of X item from e.g. January 1st at 00.00? And how would I get around to make that into a script, if it’s even possible?

i know that Spidy do have the prices, since they have their graphs, but doing it manually would simply be to time consuming

in API Development

Posted by: GscGunner.2419

GscGunner.2419

I am fairly sure that neither gives datestamps on the prices, so I don’t think what you seek is possible with what we have right now.

But I haven’t done much research on it and can ofcourse be wrong.

in API Development

Posted by: Eearslya.6309

Eearslya.6309

Spidy has their graphs because they constantly check and record the prices every 15 minutes or so. There is no way to get historical data from ANet, you have to poll the API and record it all yourself, unfortunately.

Blackgate
Harbinger Tryssa – Revenant

in API Development

DennisChrDk.9823

Spidy has their graphs because they constantly check and record the prices every 15 minutes or so. There is no way to get historical data from ANet, you have to poll the API and record it all yourself, unfortunately.

Ohh I see, I didn’t even think of that, I jsut asumed that you could extract the prices historically.

Well that makes the project so much harder to do then. I would manually have to go through the graf and record all the prices. The idea was to gather a ton of items and see how the prices fluctuate over time in order to meassure the inflation in the game. Then compare it with pre and post launch of HoT to see what changes in terms of money gain and the prices of different items.

EDIT: Thanks for the help though, it’s much appresiated!

in API Development

Posted by: Lawton Campbell

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

I’m not sure if it’s kosher, but if you’re going to use GW2Spidy’s data you can get the machine-readable graph data via gw2spidy.com/chart/:item. You should probably shoot them an email first if you’re going to be making more than a handful of requests though

in API Development

DennisChrDk.9823

Thank you, I’ll see what I can get out of it