Launching inventory endpoints

in API Development

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

I did find out that most consumables like flamethrowers, or ogre pet whistles, fire elemental powders.. things like these show up as question marks. So they don’t have an icon yet.

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

in API Development

Posted by: fro.8967

fro.8967

Yes there appear to be several items that do not return from the item API when queried by ID. Some skins too probably. I noticed this a lot when making the updates to GW2 Account Viewer http://mygw2.wvwintel.com/

in API Development

Posted by: Lawton Campbell

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

Is there a way to find out if an item is soulbound?

Not yet.

I did find out that most consumables like flamethrowers, or ogre pet whistles, fire elemental powders.. things like these show up as question marks. So they don’t have an icon yet.

It’s because not all items show up on the API — they only appear once some conditions are met (e.g., someone loots it from a drop). Unfortunately, the conditions aren’t all inclusive and don’t pick up karma vendor purchases (among other things). Working on fixing that at some point in the future.

in API Development

Posted by: MentalFS.2589

MentalFS.2589

I’ve noticed that I get wrong counts with some items. At least minis seem to always get count 1, regardless of how many I have stacked.

Let the bards sing and the skaalds proclaim her glorious name forever[…]: Apatia!

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Next

I’ve noticed that I get wrong counts with some items. At least minis seem to always get count 1, regardless of how many I have stacked.

I actually haven’t had a chance to look into that one yet (won’t be able to deploy the fix for awhile); my current hypothesis is that the stacked quantity for certain items is encoded … differently.

I’m interested to know if you’ve got any non-mini items doing this. My hunch is that it was just some debris from the patch which moved minis from collections into the wardrobe.

in API Development

Posted by: Loex.5104

Loex.5104

Activated a handful of new endpoints — mostly authenticated and require the “inventories” permission — that provide access to an account’s various inventories:

pretty neat ;D

now we just need some endpoints for the current Gold and the current Gems on an Account plz

also an Flag on the character/inventory+bank that shows if the item is actually soul / account bound or not would be awesome

in API Development

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

I am just getting into the API (V1 didn’t really have the guild-related options I needed / wanted) so maybe a stupid question, but would this then also mean we are able to get an image of the character, maybe even an 3D object?

In addition I was wondering if Authentication would also get an update to allow more options for guild. So we could also use this character information for guild-members. At this moment authentication is done based on your own account-details, but that would mean (correct me if I am wrong) that I would not be able to get this information from anybody else then myself. So I cannot make a guild-roster (I know we are getting a function to get the guild-roster) where (for example) we then show the characters or the guild-members and their gear.

Guild-members could have the ability to (in advanced security options) allow guilds / guild-leaders to see some information like the armor their character have on. (some information could be on by default and some could be off by default). Than have the ability to put a password on a guild and allow for authentication using that password (So you don’t authenticate as a player but as a guild). The guild could also have its own authentication roles (what information should be available).

In that way you have a secure way to show all the type of information guilds might want to show on their site. Guild-roster, including specs of the guild-members (if members do not disable that ability), message of the day, items in the guild-bank, completed guild-missions, combined gold of all members (if members would share their amount of gold with the guild). Everything is possible, but everything can also been closed off for privacy / security reasons.

One of the main features would be the guild-roster with detailed character information of all guild-members. That is why I mention it in this thread.

in API Development

Posted by: darthmaim.6017

darthmaim.6017

maybe a stupid question, but would this then also mean we are able to get an image of the character, maybe even an 3D object?

Rest assured, this is something I really, really want too. There’s a lot of moving parts that need to be ironed out before it’s feasible though, so we’ll probably be sticking to low-hanging fruit for awhile yet :<

In addition I was wondering if Authentication would also get an update to allow more options for guild. So we could also use this character information for guild-members. At this moment authentication is done based on your own account-details, but that would mean (correct me if I am wrong) that I would not be able to get this information from anybody else then myself. So I cannot make a guild-roster (I know we are getting a function to get the guild-roster) where (for example) we then show the characters or the guild-members and their gear.

With respect to privacy, the conclusion was that the best solution is to have an in-game rank permission that grants API access. Since that’s going to take some time to implement, the initial release will be restricted to allow access only to guild leaders.

in API Development

Devata.6589

maybe a stupid question, but would this then also mean we are able to get an image of the character, maybe even an 3D object?

Rest assured, this is something I really, really want too. There’s a lot of moving parts that need to be ironed out before it’s feasible though, so we’ll probably be sticking to low-hanging fruit for awhile yet :<

With respect to privacy, the conclusion was that the best solution is to have an in-game rank permission that grants API access. Since that’s going to take some time to implement, the initial release will be restricted to allow access only to guild leaders.

I missed that first reply. Thanks!

The second one I did read (it was an answer to another question of me) but does not fully answer the question.

What does this ‘in-game rank permission that grants API access’ mean?, as I see it, it would only allow a guild to toggle on or off the ability for anybody to get access to guild-information (maybe detailing what information). Something you might not want. As guild I might not want everybody being able to get the guild-roster or MotD, but I might want to have the ability myself to put it on the guild-site. In addition it would not allow to get detailed character information from characters as that still requires authentication with the account from the owner of that character.
(Heck you could even allow for two rights, one for public use, and one for personal / guild-site use)

Or maybe the ‘in-game rank permission that grants API access’ is more in line with what I talk about here. But that is not completely clear to me.

(edited by Devata.6589)

in API Development

darthmaim.6017

To get character info you will probably always need the API key of the owner-account, you will only be able to get guild informations with the ingame permission.

in API Development

Devata.6589

To get character info you will probably always need the API key of the owner-account, you will only be able to get guild informations with the ingame permission.

If this is the case then see what I talked about as a suggestion, as that would allow for much more freedom / options (especially for guild-sites) while still allowing for the same (or more) security and privacy-options.

(edited by Devata.6589)

in API Development

MentalFS.2589

I’m interested to know if you’ve got any non-mini items doing this. My hunch is that it was just some debris from the patch which moved minis from collections into the wardrobe.

I couldn’t find any other items with that problem. Actually I did remove the minis from the old materials section and place them in the bank yesterday, maybe it’s one of those problems that would autofix when I take the items on a ride to another map? I’ll try that later.

What does this ‘in-game rank permission that grants API access’ mean?

I think it’s a permission in the rank system (like guild vault access) that grants the member access to guild information with the API, not the other way around and definately nothing for public access. At least that’s how I understood it.

Let the bards sing and the skaalds proclaim her glorious name forever[…]: Apatia!

in API Development

darthmaim.6017

I think it’s a permission in the rank system (like guild vault access) that grants the member access to guild information with the API, not the other way around and definately nothing for public access. At least that’s how I understood it.

That also what I am thinking.

in API Development

Devata.6589

Oke, so then the member with that permission uses his personal key to authenticate and then has access to all the guild-information, that makes much more sense.

It would however still be nice if guild-members could also give permissions to the guild, to get some details from their personal account.

in API Development

Posted by: zeeZ.5713

zeeZ.5713

But they can… by giving their guild their API keys

in API Development

Devata.6589

Yeah I did think about that, but then you have to get all members to give the key and then you immediately can see all information, including what is on their bank and so on.

It would make sense that members might want to show their gear but not what is on the bank.

in API Development

MentalFS.2589

Gearchecks come to mind. It might be worth a discussion to either include the equipment regardless of the inventories permission (but some people might not want to reveal that, only their names and race/profession) or make an additional permission only for equipment (although we don’t want permission creep with seventy thousand checkboxes on the API key page).

in API Development

Posted by: MatHack.4316

MatHack.4316

Considering what Lawton has said in the past, I highly doubt any guild member will be able to get more information about another guild member than is currently visible in the in-game guild panels.

I do feel something for the suggestion made above about a guild member giving the whole guild permission to see (a limited) amount of data from their account. In my opinion this should be a limited set of data, and not all data available through /account and /characters. If you want all the data from a guild member, just ask them for an api-key and save those on a guild website/database.

I do however think that it will take a while before this suggestion (if approved) will be implemented considering Lawtons reaction about the guild permissions. I also think this will probably be a new permission within the api-key account page. To limit the user’s confusion/overwhelming about permissions I do agree with ArenaNets philosophy to keep the permission count limited. Just some things to ponder over.

Far Shiverpeaks

in API Development

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

Would it be possible to add what crafting professions a particular character has, including the level? perhaps make it an endpoint of its own that would list all the recipes a particular character has learned?
something along the lines of adding a crafting_professions field to v2/characters, and then perhaps a sub-endpoint along the lines of
v2/characters/:id/crafting_professions/{id}
or
v2/characters/:id/crafting_professions/{profession_name}
with a list of all available recipes.

in API Development

Previous

Lawton Campbell

Web Programmer

Yeah, that’s what I meant.

It would make sense that members might want to show their gear but not what is on the bank.

I’ve been thinking about this; I think I’m going to add a “builds” permissions that grants access to traits/skillbar/equipment — such that you can get the “equipment” with either the “builds” or “inventory” permissions.

It might be kind of gross like that, but having it enabled by “inventory” allows the “dude-wheres-my-mini.com” use-case for solving “which character has my ascended gs?”

I do feel something for the suggestion made above about a guild member giving the whole guild permission to see (a limited) amount of data from their account.

For the initial release of the guild endpoint, the roster will only have the account name. My idea was to leverage the API key permission bits to allow guild members to select exactly what they want to share (by requiring them to give out an API key).

It might be possible to move that in-game but that’s not my department, so it’ll take quite a bit more time and effort.

Would it be possible to add what crafting professions a particular character has, including the level?

Yes. Also which ones are currently active.

in API Development

MentalFS.2589

I just took my Mini Queen Jennas on a ride to Lion’s Arch and put them back in the bank, but it’s still showing count = 1 (I’ve waited about 15 minutes).

in API Development

Devata.6589

Yeah, that’s what I meant.

I’ve been thinking about this; I think I’m going to add a “builds” permissions that grants access to traits/skillbar/equipment — such that you can get the “equipment” with either the “builds” or “inventory” permissions.

It might be kind of gross like that, but having it enabled by “inventory” allows the “dude-wheres-my-mini.com” use-case for solving “which character has my ascended gs?”

I do feel something for the suggestion made above about a guild member giving the whole guild permission to see (a limited) amount of data from their account.

For the initial release of the guild endpoint, the roster will only have the account name. My idea was to leverage the API key permission bits to allow guild members to select exactly what they want to share (by requiring them to give out an API key).

It might be possible to move that in-game but that’s not my department, so it’ll take quite a bit more time and effort.

Would it be possible to add what crafting professions a particular character has, including the level?

Yes. Also which ones are currently active.

Thanks for considering it.

It would be a huge improvement from a guild-perspective as it would allow them to make detailed guild-rosters of all members (and possible old members) showing how they are geared, maybe in the future even the achievements.
If we would be able to get the character coordinates you could even make a real-time map showing where all members are.
Well it would give a lot of options while still allowing the guild-members their privacy they deserve / want.

At the current approach it would be everything or nothing. I understand that at the current stage requesting API-keys is the most logical option, but if that could eventually move to a member giving the guild permissions you could really have an automated system without having to ask new members for an API-key.

Again thanks for considering it and keep up the good work.

in API Development

Posted by: isingrel.2350

isingrel.2350

Would it be possible to get the current number of charges on a consumable item; salvage kits, gathering tools?

in API Development

Posted by: Eearslya.6309

Eearslya.6309

If you wanted to make an endpoint just for builds, perhaps all that is necessary to give is the stats/runes/sigils of the armor and weapons, rather than the actual items and skins equipped?

Blackgate
Harbinger Tryssa – Revenant

in API Development

darthmaim.6017

Would it be possible to get the current number of charges on a consumable item; salvage kits, gathering tools?

Gathering tool uses aren’t currently pulled out of the character data, but it’s something I can look into adding.

(source)

If you wanted to make an endpoint just for builds, perhaps all that is necessary to give is the stats/runes/sigils of the armor and weapons, rather than the actual items and skins equipped?

Lawton was talking about a new permission, not an endpoint. Both the inventory and build permissions give access to the endpoint /v2/characters/:id/equipment.